NFL network game day staff agree

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":iislh0f3 said:
Hawkpower":iislh0f3 said:
HawkerD":iislh0f3 said:
I hope no one thought we had a good plan and execution today. We lucked out and played a horrible QB. Look how many 3 and outs we had especially in second half

We had one 3 and out in the 2nd half.

Our last two drives were 10 and 17 plays respectively.

Thanks.

Execution lacked at times. Russ was off on a few throws. Otherwise, not sure what the problem was with the plan specifically.

This is not true. I specifically remember them putting the stat on TV. There was (in sequence) at least two 3 and outs a 5 and out and a turnover before the game was over.

Nope, sorry it is true.

First drive, 3 plays, 6 yards 1:22

2nd drive 5 plays (turnover)

3rd drive 10 plays 51 yards 5:17

4th drive 17 plays. 79 yards. 5:50

Thanks though.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1dimuijv said:
seahawkfreak":1dimuijv said:
Hawkpower":1dimuijv said:
HawkerD":1dimuijv said:
I hope no one thought we had a good plan and execution today. We lucked out and played a horrible QB. Look how many 3 and outs we had especially in second half

Thanks.

Execution lacked at times. Russ was off on a few throws. Otherwise, not sure what the problem was with the plan specifically.

This is not true. I specifically remember them putting the stat on TV. There was (in sequence) at least two 3 and outs a 5 and out and a turnover before the game was over.

Nope, sorry it is true.

Thanks though.

Ok when they put up the tv stat it was early 4th quarter and Dallas was up 12-10. At that time our last 3 drives were two 3 and outs then the turnover ( they included the last drive of the second quarter). At that point we were in trouble and looked like the other games we lost. So thankfully we put together two final drives, one with a fieldgoal, to end the game. Nothing there really says good gameplanning. Honestly this game seems like all our others where you could criticize everything. It's 50/50 with everything, even our record.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Thanks.

Execution lacked at times. Russ was off on a few throws. Otherwise, not sure what the problem was with the plan specifically.[/quote]

This is not true. I specifically remember them putting the stat on TV. There was (in sequence) at least two 3 and outs a 5 and out and a turnover before the game was over.[/quote]

Nope, sorry it is true.

Thanks though.[/quote]

Ok when they put up the tv stat it was early 4th quarter and Dallas was up 13-12. At that time our last 3 drives were two 3 and outs then the turnover ( they included the last drive of the second quarter). At that point we were in trouble and looked like the other games we lost. So thankfully we put together two final drives, one with a fieldgoal, to end the game. Nothing there really says good gameplanning. Honestly this game seems like all our others where you could criticize everything. It's 50/50 with everything, even our record.[/quote]

Poor results aren't always indicative of poor planning.

I have been as hard on the offensive staff as the next guy, but I'm also not going to blindly yell about Bevell just because everyone else does.

I saw poor passes by Wilson end at least 2-3 different drives. I saw a balanced run/pass ratio. I saw them utilize the mismatch with Graham and our TE's.

If fans want to point out specific deficiencies with the game plan, I'm all ears. All I see so far is a critique of the results.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I guess you could criticize the deep shots on 3rd and medium, but I kinda want them taking those shots. I think they had a lot to do with opening the run back up in the 4th.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mojambo":121u9n4n said:
I guess you could criticize the deep shots on 3rd and medium, but I kinda want them taking those shots. I think they had a lot to do with opening the run back up in the 4th.
If you're gonna do that, throw to someone with actual break away speed (Lockett) not a slot guy that has average to below average speed for an NFL WR (Baldwin).

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I thought we had a really good gameplay. Big strides were made in getting Russ a quick release and Graham was the benificiary today. Nice win

mrblitz

Reaction score
i liked the offensive gameplan, but thought the execution was lacking at times. how we ended though was with russ starting at his own 10, and driving for the winning points. it wasn't a td, but it was pretty good.

i liked several of the plays which didn't pan out. it seemed like they had the right idea, but just didn't quite execute.

the d was kind of scary against the run, but did get pass pressure, at least toward the end. sherman shut dez down.

OP
OP
brimsalabim

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Not "fans" saying this but former NFL players and coaches. Apparently they will break the game down in greater detail tonight.

capncrunch

Reaction score
mrblitz":tsj61k5b said:
i liked the offensive gameplan, but thought the execution was lacking at times. how we ended though was with russ starting at his own 10, and driving for the winning points. it wasn't a td, but it was pretty good.

i liked several of the plays which didn't pan out. it seemed like they had the right idea, but just didn't quite execute.

the d was kind of scary against the run, but did get pass pressure, at least toward the end. sherman shut dez down.

Yes.

White Devil

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":35ptpmag said:
I thought we had a really good gameplay. Big strides were made in getting Russ a quick release and Graham was the benificiary today. Nice win

Offense put up 13 points. What an absolute great game plan.

Your husband did a great job yesterday Mrs. Bevell. :moon.:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
White Devil":14nef5uf said:
Siouxhawk":14nef5uf said:

Offense put up 13 points. What an absolute great game plan.

Your husband did a great job yesterday Mrs. Bevell. :moon.:

Because the game-plan is a player who plays on the field. :roll:

Execution failed at too many points (RW's Int and the blocked FG). But many plays were called and executed well, too. We won, on the road, with a balanced game. Russ wasn't sacked, got the ball out on quick-hitters, and found TEs down the seam. Huge improvement.

hawker84

Reaction score
Why do we always run on 2nd and long? Our offense sputters on 3rd and 6 or longer, yet we continuously put ourselves in those situations because bevell want to run draw plays out of the shotgun on 2nd and 10, every fricken time , every fricken game. Baffles me to no end....

sidetrack

Reaction score
Bevell, When it's so obviously going to be a Lynch run that even the 'boys' ball girl can see it, PLEASE don't make the poor beast try to do it out of the shotgun.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawker84":26qkzden said:
Why do we always run on 2nd and long? Our offense sputters on 3rd and 6 or longer, yet we continuously put ourselves in those situations because bevell want to run draw plays out of the shotgun on 2nd and 10, every fricken time , every fricken game. Baffles me to no end....

I'm ok with running on 2nd and long, cause the D is playing pass so we can usually get 7-8 yards back to make a 3rd and short.

What's driving me crazy is seeing Russell throwing low percentage long sideline routes on 3rd and manageble for incompletions.

Offense is still overall hard to watch, not dynamic and productive enough for me to completely get back on board with another playoff run. Still too many 3 and outs, 3rd down conversions need to be more, red zone still stinks.

Good game plan though by Bevell, Pete and Russell to move the pocket around so Russell wasn't getting sacked and hit.

canfan

Reaction score
brimsalabim":108rfxcn said:
Mariuchi, LT, Dion, agree that we won despite having a "horrendous game plan".

Then they must have LOVED last years game plan where the Seahawks mustered about 220 yards of total offense at home against a Dallas D that was significantly less talented than this one is.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I haven't taken a good second look at the game yet. But my initial impressions were positive.

I have long thought that Seattle should employ a quicker passing game and threaten the middle of the field. It's something they've not done pretty much all year. And this past game, they did both.

I felt like the results were kind of Magoo. I felt like Russell did much better on third down performance in general. I liked how he was distributing passes quickly as he hit his drop. There were some accuracy issues where passes were delivered behind crossing receivers that negated catch opportunities and YAC opportunities.

Overall, I would have expected that if we started to alter the game plan, that we'd hit a few bumps. I do think Seattle needs to make this change and I hope and would expect that the execution improves. I had hoped to see improvement on the OL by November. And I think we're seeing that.

Do I think our offense is written in Crayon? No. It doesn't seem all that different than the last couple of years. I think the offense can get much more complex if we're not intentionally vacating the middle of the field in order to give Wilson a more open avenue for scramble yards.

I think that defenses have really figured out how to rush Seattle effectively by anticipating his pulling down the ball for the run. Which has led to a ton of 'sacks' where Wilson is getting weakly tackled for 1 or 2 yard losses on rush attempts. Rushers are figuring they can disengage from their rush by working back toward the LOS and making a play on Wilson as he emerges.

This countermeasure to account for Wilson's scrambling acumen I believe is crippling the offense as it was designed. Seattle needs to adjust to this and I think last week was the first real instance where we've intentionally changed the plan to account for this.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1241p2dq said:
brimsalabim":1241p2dq said:
We didn't plan to attack their weekness. Dion in particular said the cow boys have trouble with tight ends. He didn't think they could have stopped Jimmy Graham on short crossing routes. LT said behind our offensive line that we can't go run, run, pass and sustain drives expecting Russell to bail us out on third and long time after time. We need to understand that just getting Lynch one on one with a DB is no longer an automatic win. Mooch thought we have kept Russell on the move and away from Greg Hardy. Also for the last three seasons Dion has been pointing out that our routes are too easy to diagnose and defend.

None of this is news to us but Pete isn't going to change how he calls things when it still leads to wins.

Didn't Graham have like 7 or 8 catches for 80 yards? Most on slants and crossing routes?

Didnt Wilson have a tight end seam route for our only TD?

I didnt think we went run run pass hardly at all today.

Sounds like the talking heads were throwing out cliche talking points without actually watching the game.

These were 2nd half adjustments. I'd be curious to find out how many targets Graham had in the first half. The other issue is that we didn't attack the seams deep against the backup safeties. The Cowboys started the game with one safety and lost Church during the game. We should've been running Graham right at their weakness, similar to WIllson's TD.

I hate that the coaching staff seems to stubbornly stick to the same damn game plan, regardless of opponent. If the Patriots had played the Cowboys, Gronk would've been up the seam all day to the tune of 12 rec for 180 yards and 3 TD's. I don't blame Graham about being frustrated: he gets his touches, but it's tough going into a game and ignoring a defenses's weaknesses.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Personally, I loved the gameplan. They seemed to attack Dallas's weaknesses. If Russ makes a couple more accurate throws, the Seahawks win easy.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Our gameplan was fine. Not perfect but fine. Several pointed out that we threw away a couple of pass plays, but in the end this was the game to try stuff. We're facing a prolific offense and really good defense in two weeks. We are not geared for a shoot out or improvising then.

We do need to seriously look at the qb coaching.

Russ is behind almost every throw. On crossing patterns there was one to jimmy that was a completion but an immediate tackle and he reached waist high but behind him. Not that JG is particularly fast but if the ball is in front of him he gets another 5 yards easy.

On the mid to the long passes, Russ needs to see the opportunity and THEN launch the ball most times. This gives the D an opportunity to swarm during the hang time or makes the receiver stop and waive.

Watching Brees and Manning a couple of times yesterday the ball was launched based on the initial read so the defense couldn't swarm.

We did a good job with launching the ball sooner yesterday on the short passes. Adding some more middle length timing passes will do wonders. I'm talking at least 100 more yards a game. Same-ish game plan.

Latest posts