NFL Network on Kam at 4PM Pacific

iigakusei

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":wd8szhsj said:
iigakusei":wd8szhsj said:
The part I don't get is being less than a million apart. Does that mean the Seahawks are willing to redo it?

Yes, if the Hawks are willing to set the new precedent of re-negotiating contracts with 2 or 3 years remaining on them and cave in to Kam's demands, then why quibble over a few hundred thousand dollars?

So that tells me that either PC/JS are stupid, or Kam is lying or misinformed.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
iigakusei":20iz0goj said:
CalgaryHawk":20iz0goj said:
iigakusei":20iz0goj said:
The part I don't get is being less than a million apart. Does that mean the Seahawks are willing to redo it?

Yes, if the Hawks are willing to set the new precedent of re-negotiating contracts with 2 or 3 years remaining on them and cave in to Kam's demands, then why quibble over a few hundred thousand dollars?

Why are we jumping to conclusions? Lets see how this plays out.

gadgor

Reaction score
I think Kam is getting desperate and this is his last attempt to do something. There's a reason why he decided to talk to the media a few days before he loses a quarter of a million dollars.

Slick

Reaction score
iigakusei":zj5lacyb said:
CalgaryHawk":zj5lacyb said:
iigakusei":zj5lacyb said:

His statement "less than a million apart" - this implies negotiations. However, I think Kam/Agent put this on the table and have heard nothing. So this statement might be out of context.

mikeak

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3bghbgol said:
This is Kam admitting defeat. He will be back for next weeks game.

This

I fall in the camp that simply don't believe Kam. If that is all he wanted he would have reported to training camp (mabye late but he would have been there) and fought it hard next year instead.

I think this is him backtracking as far as he can trying to save face. He now puts something out there publically which the Seahawks can reasonably agree too and then it looks like neither party backed down when in fact kam has backed down from getting more money.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Less than a million apart means they offered small change but they won't the switch the years. So in essence, he's covering for how badly he is losing this battle through word choice especially given how much he has lost of that million already.

mikeak

Reaction score
Fade":1omekzt7 said:
"Petty" good one Kam.

Similar to Marshawn last year SEA probably agreed to move some money up from the back end of the contract. So the front office could still say "no new money was added" argument. BUT NOW the precedent is set. Hold out you get money moved up on your deal.

I expect holdouts every off-season from here on out. Good job PCJS.

If the alternative was Lynch holding out last season then I am not sure I think setting this precedent was bad.

To me the precedent that was set is that the most important player on the team with 2 years left can move money around.....

Exittium

Reaction score
mikeak":2xq2rme2 said:
seahawk12thman":2xq2rme2 said:
This is Kam admitting defeat. He will be back for next weeks game.

This

I fall in the camp that simply don't believe Kam. If that is all he wanted he would have reported to training camp (mabye late but he would have been there) and fought it hard next year instead.

I think this is him backtracking as far as he can trying to save face. He now puts something out there publically which the Seahawks can reasonably agree too and then it looks like neither party backed down when in fact kam has backed down from getting more money.

Its amusing really. And i agree its him admitting defeat. Especially the key being he went to the media about it. Why wait until now to go to the media? Because he knows he's not getting anywhere, so he's trying to save face..

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
He pulls a sneak attack by holding the team hostage by holding out the day before training camp. Now he want's to play nice? Please

He either is injured and doesn't want to reveal this

or

He lost and it trying to save face.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
On the one hand, flipping 2016/2017 salaries seems reasonable enough in a vaccuum. On the other hand, Seattle's position isn't really about the amount of the raise. Giving any leeway, even if it's an inch, exposes the fragility of their entire position. In that regard, does it matter if the difference is "less than a million" or $5M+? The precedent is set one way or the other. Man, it's so hard to see a good solution here.

Sort of wish the two sides could have negotiated behind closed doors and justified it as a cap move. Probably only way this would've worked without hurting either side.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Kam hasn't said a peep in weeks and now he is texting some dude at NFL Network about what he wants? I think its starting to get real for Bam Bam.

Also, I heard Ed Werder on NFL insiders today that Paul Allen has said there will be no more contract negotitaions with Kam to try to resolve this. Paul as spoken!!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":ukfk5qhv said:
To me this means possibly one of two things. Or both. One, he's not managed his money well and/or two, he doesn't think he can play at this level for much longer. If those two things are reality to him then I understand his position. Nothing else makes any sense to me.

I wonder if the long-term concern with concussions and injury play more a part in negotiations if the plan is to retire before expiration date (for lack of a better phrase).

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
A man who knows he is losing the battle for hearts and minds. A last desperate roll of the dice.

Get on the field Kam. There's another Championship to be won.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Being less than 1M apart may not mean much now but it will mean a lot more when 7 vets sit out next training camp because they want the same thing. It's not so black and white, Kam.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Kam is being a greedy, petty POS right now. Plain and simple. I don't know who or what got to him between OTA's and camp, but he's showing his true colors. What a punk.

kearly

Reaction score
I consider this to be good news. Kam's demands are not as insane as some of us theorized, and if his admission of the two sides being less than a million bucks apart is true, then to me that would clearly indicate that he'll be back with the team in the next week or two, given that the fines and lost game checks for missing the first two games amount to about a million bucks.

If this really is just about money and nothing else, then I don't think he'd be dumb enough to miss the full season.

Exittium

Reaction score
hey guys think it would be greedy if i went to my employer and asked for a little less than a mil? Ya know maybe they can just crap it out...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Exittium":isnti8ev said:
hey guys think it would be greedy if i went to my employer and asked for a little less than a mil? Ya know maybe they can just crap it out...

Don't show up to work for the next couple months . . . that's a sure way to get that mil.