NFL Network on Kam at 4PM Pacific

RussB

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3qcqou8t said:
LolaRox":3qcqou8t said:
Here is the transcript -

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KevinShockey/status/641749867249967104[/tweet]

"Petty" is a good description for his own attitude. He missed all of training camp, the preseason, and now he is missing games. He is fortunate that he plays for a team that is still willing to be patient with him in forgiving the fines.
Exactly , hes the one that started this crap and has the balls to call the organization petty.

Cartire

Reaction score
kearly":f4us81t9 said:
I consider this to be good news. Kam's demands are not as insane as some of us theorized, and if his admission of the two sides being less than a million bucks apart is true, then to me that would clearly indicate that he'll be back with the team in the next week or two, given that the fines and lost game checks for missing the first two games amount to about a million bucks.

If this really is just about money and nothing else, then I don't think he'd be dumb enough to miss the full season.

I didnt think he'd be dumb enough to holdout. I was wrong.
I didnt think he'd be dumb enough to miss the first week and forfeit all that money. I was wrong.

At this point, I think Kam is pretty dumb, and nothing would surprise me now.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Sounds to me like he can't understand why this hasn't worked for him. That he's come down so far on his demands he just doesn't get why the team wont move ... He'll cave soon, play next week.

Wartooth

Reaction score
He's going to cave...
He wouldn't have brought this to the media if he thought he was going to get what he wants.
He thinks that the fans will side with him.
Nope.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":tzeqwccw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KevinShockey/status/641768213173391360[/tweet]

We cannot tolerate a player missing games. That means they will likely be further apart after Sunday . . . no fines forgiven, certainly no paycheck made for Sunday's missed game.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
LolaRox":37m0gviu said:
Here is the transcript -

Yeah Kam, calling the organization (and indirectly calling John Sneider and Paul Allen) "petty" is a sure way to get them to give you what you want. Excellent negotiating strategy to insult them.

The Outfield

Reaction score
LolaRox":38fyhei6 said:
Here is the transcript -

I think this whole thing is about that he wants to retire early.

Push the money up so he can rake it in and walk out the door.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Hellie went on KJR and KIRO after Total Access ended. Kam is set to make $5.1 million next year and says he will report if Seattle moves $3.9 million of 2017 money into 2016 so he ends up making $9 million in 2016. Seattle has supposedly offered to move $3 million so he makes $8.1 million. That's the $900,000, that's why he says he has met the team halfway, and that's why he's calling the team "petty."

The hell with him if this is true. The team is willing to move $3 million and you're calling them "petty?" Pull the offer and let him piss and moan at home while he forfeits game checks.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I know we're all upset about this situation, but let's be reasonable. We don't know exactly how he used the word petty or how he meant it. If he called the amount of money petty then it's not an insult. If he called JS petty then that's obviously a different thing, but I highly doubt that's how he meant it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just guessing here, but I think he's calling the amount of money petty. He's not saying the team is being petty. I don't think he's meaning it as an insult. Or maybe he is, shoot. I dunno.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The Outfield":2vruo1nd said:

This is my feeling as well. Doesn't think he has 3 years left in him.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's negotiating through the media now....act of desperation in my eyes. The Seahawks better hold firm. This has the potential of opening some "can of worms" with other players.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":gt56rzfc said:
The Outfield":gt56rzfc said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of that he doesn't want to expend his body (with the hard hits) for 3 more years, not that he doesn't think he has 3 years left in him.

tifferradish

Reaction score
Kam is caving, he wants to be out there with his team. My guess is he will be back this week, probably won't play in Rams game though. I think with the right PR, this whole situation can be spun into something positive and we will take him back with open arms. Cause, c'mon, it's Kam Chancellor. We still love him.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Frankly, if it's true, I can't even believe we're offering him any kind of deal. The offer to move 3mil from 2017 to 2016 blows me away. That could have a huge impact on our 2016 salary cap.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The Outfield":2aqgjt22 said:
Zebulon Dak":2aqgjt22 said:
The Outfield":2aqgjt22 said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of that he doesn't want to expend his body (with the hard hits) for 3 more years, not that he doesn't think he has 3 years left in him.

That's what I meant. Not that he's dying or anything haha.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":n4k2yv0v said:
I'm just guessing here, but I think he's calling the amount of money petty. He's not saying the team is being petty. I don't think he's meaning it as an insult. Or maybe he is, shoot. I dunno.

If the dollar amount it so petty, cut your losses and get back to work. Basically 900K is more valuable than this team, winning games and following the motto "love our brothers"??? To me, that stuff is priceless.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I think he realizes that Dion and this defense is going to do just fine without him and it's his last minute ploy to see if something sticks. No need for Pete and John to deviate from the plan now. If Dion performs well, there goes any perceived advantage Kam may think he has.

pmedic920

Reaction score
iigakusei":dv02nq2h said:
The part I don't get is being less than a million apart. Does that mean the Seahawks are willing to redo it?

I don't see the FO doing anything mor for #31 than they did for #24, nor do I think they should.
Saddens me to say because like many #31 has been one of my Favs.
Bottom line for me is, I'm a Seahawks fan. I'm a Seahawks fan regardless of who is on the roster and who is on the staff.
I love #31 being on our roster, he's a huge part of what we've gotten to experience recently.
I hate what he is doing at this point in time. I think he is hurting the team in ways that we can't really measure.
No he doesn't owe the fans anything, I get that but I've lost a measure of respect for him.
Having said that, #31 has to do what he thinks is best for him. I just don't see how any of this is best for him.