NFL Network on Kam at 4PM Pacific

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2z4y74mz said:
Kam is set to make $5.1 million next year and says he will report if Seattle moves $3.9 million of 2017 money into 2016 so he ends up making $9 million in 2016.

This would essentially be a $3.9 million raise. To me, it's not really "moving" money, as there's no way he'll play out the last year at $2.9M. He'd take the $4 million bump in 2016 and then ask to renegotiate the next year. So, he gets a chance to add dollars to both years by doing it this way.

If it's true that Seattle has already offered him $3 million to show up, then it'd be crazy that he hasn't accepted yet.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
The Outfield":3dgvyvgb said:
Frankly, if it's true, I can't even believe we're offering him any kind of deal. The offer to move 3mil from 2017 to 2016 blows me away. That could have a huge impact on our 2016 salary cap.

If this is true, then Kam has clearly already won this negotiation by holding out, and he should accept his decisive victory over the Hawks by joyfully returning and marching through the center of the Hawks locker room dragging behind him a naked John Sneider with a heavy chain around his neck.

If it's true, then Mike Bennett will be holding out next year, and someone else the following year...

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that the team is willing to negotiate with Kam at all. So he wants $9 million for 2016 (and won't take $8.1 million)? Good grief. And then what happens in 2017 when he's only due to make $3.1 million? He'll be back with his hand out again. This just a shakedown, pure and simple. Let him sit out the season.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'm definitely to the point where I want to see Bailey play this game and see what he can do. See how much of a legitimate replacement he is for Kam or if it's just been hype and games.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
The Outfield":eedp32zh said:
I'm definitely to the point where I want to see Bailey play this game and see what he can do. See how much of a legitimate replacement he is for Kam or if it's just been hype and games.

Oh me too, look what happened when Sherm got his chance to show what he can do.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3m5sjrag said:
To me this means possibly one of two things. Or both. One, he's not managed his money well and/or two, he doesn't think he can play at this level for much longer. If those two things are reality to him then I understand his position. Nothing else makes any sense to me.

These two scenario s. You nailed it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3pcd2n1z said:
Petty? This coming from a guy that is banning fans on Twitter? Petty? He's as delusional as 50yearpatsfan guy.
harsh! LOL! 8)

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't want to look for a new contract when he's 30? Then maybe he shouldn't have signed that first one. What part of "contract" was not clear to him?

You agreed to do a job, Kam. Go to work.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Fade":dvwq17l3 said:
"Petty" good one Kam.

Similar to Marshawn last year SEA probably agreed to move some money up from the back end of the contract. So the front office could still say "no new money was added" argument. BUT NOW the precedent is set. Hold out you get money moved up on your deal.

I expect holdouts every off-season from here on out. Good job PCJS.
The difference is that Marshawn was contemplating retirement, and walking away completely. You may not think that's a significant difference, but it is.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Fade":nmh0v3gu said:
"Petty" good one Kam.

Similar to Marshawn last year SEA probably agreed to move some money up from the back end of the contract. So the front office could still say "no new money was added" argument. BUT NOW the precedent is set. Hold out you get money moved up on your deal.

I expect holdouts every off-season from here on out. Good job PCJS.

Pessimistic view.

This Hawks change this by staying firm and refusing to renegotiate. At Least until after next season.

Kam Bam knows he's beat on this, the white flag won't be long now.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
710 seemed to suggest the near 1 million was the fines and that the hawks won't budge on it. I could see the pettiness in some of that from his end maybe. I hope Schneider holds firm and gives nothing to his contract then next week offer him 50% of the fines. No way does he get off with paying nothing.

Mick063

Reaction score
The first time Kam lays out an opposing tight end, all will be forgotten. By the owner, the coaches, the teammates, the fans......by Seahawk.net.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I don't think anyone "wins" if some of you get your way and Kam returns with his tail between his legs. Assuming he does cave, I think the team will forgive all the fines, perhaps even the game check, and continue to say all the right things. This also means not speaking of it to the media as part of the face-saving gesture.

Polaris

Reaction score
Mick063":2xj74dhf said:
The first time Kam lays out an opposing tight end, all will be forgotten. By the owner, the coaches, the teammates, the fans......by Seahawk.net.

That's still probably true......but Kam calling the 'hawks 'petty' is a bad sign. If Kam loses any more games than this first, however, that may no longer be true. Best Guess? Probably why Kam came out of hiding to address the media today. He realizes he's lost not only his holdout but the battle for public relations, and he's setting the ground to come back in.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Mick063":3sldv9nk said:

False.

McG

Reaction score
Hey just wants his next contract to be up when he's 29 and not 30. He thinks that he will get more money long-term as a 29 year old, apposed to being 30. He's probably right, but at this point he just looks like an asshole. This is something that could have been talked about during the season or during the offseason after this year. Someone should tell him that being a bully off the field (to your boss) isn't going to be warmly received by fans, or especially the front office.

Vesuve

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3tkym14p said:
LolaRox":3tkym14p said:
Here is the transcript -

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KevinShockey/status/641749867249967104[/tweet]

"Petty" is a good description for his own attitude. He missed all of training camp, the preseason, and now he is missing games. He is fortunate that he plays for a team that is still willing to be patient with him in forgiving the fines.

And, this "Kam story" is getting old.

It's in the media daily with speculation. Yes, I'm following but the focus for everyone should be on the gridiron.