NFL Officially Announces 2014 Opponents

ZagHawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":12ixe7gx said:
Home: Arizona, San Francisco, St. Louis, Dallas, NY Giants, Green Bay, Denver, Oakland

Away: Arizona, San Francisco, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Washington, Carolina, Kansas City, San Diego

1) Hope the Dallas game goes exactly like the Dallas game last season (well hopefully turning more of those FGs into TDs)
2) Maybe this time against GB we can make up for the Fail Mary play and just beat them without any questions
3) Carolina on the road for the third straight season...
4) I got family who live in DC, KC and SD, it'll be a fun week leading up to those games.

davidonmi

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2srasvkt said:
TheHawkster":2srasvkt said:
That SF home game will be opening weekend on Thursday.
Nope, it'll be a Super Bowl rematch with Denver. :)
there's 0 chance they do that. That opening game is always in conference and usually in division.
I would all but guarantee it would be SF

seahawksny

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":29e14yxg said:
Definitely a tougher schedule than this year!

You are a sing that now but we didn't know Atlanta or minnesota were going to be bad this year. Who knows if philly or kc can keep winning next year

RiverDog

Reaction score
If they can, they'll try to make the Thursday opener a conference championship rematch.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I am intrigued by Denver at home, how loud will we be to stomp on Lurch oh I mean Manning.

Will I

Reaction score
For those who don't know. The schedule is decided years in advance. The only variables to it are who places the same as the Hawks in the other NFC Divisions we are not scheduled to play in a particular year, and the dates/times that will be announced in April. So there's no conspiracy for playing @ Carolina for the 3rd year in a row. It just happens that we've placed the same within the division for 2 of those years, and were scheduled to play the NFC South this year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The TEAMS choose the time they play their home games except for the night games. Don't blame the NFL for early games, blame each individual team.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
davidonmi":fhp2johw said:
SeatownJay":fhp2johw said:
TheHawkster":fhp2johw said:
there's 0 chance they do that. That opening game is always in conference and usually in division.

How is there zero chance? Foe several years now the league has tried to open the season with a rematch and the superb owl winning team playing at home. We are scheduled to play Denver anyway so if we beat them in the superb owl it is probably a safe assumption the season would in fact start with a super bowl rematch. Especially considering we are already scheduled to play Denver in Seattle and the Mariners are off that opening day.

If we meat up and beat Denver in the superb owl I think it is a forgone conclusion how opening day goes. I'd bet money on it.

Not to mention the NFL probably doesn't want to deliver an opening game ass beating of it's precious Niners on national TV to start the season. It would likely cost them money in trying to market the rivalry between the two teams.

themunn

Reaction score
McGruff":1oehpft2 said:
FortWorthSeahawk":1oehpft2 said:
Greeeeeat...we have to go to that sorry excuse of a field in DC again. The field scares me more than the team does.

Didn't they redo that field?

A lot can change in a year, but we play three games against playoff teams at home, and 5 on the road . . . We play eight games against playoff teams out of 16 games . . . That seems like a lot to me.

It is a lot, but as division champs we're always going to play the 3 division champs in the NFC plus our AFC rotation, and with 2 games against the Niners and the AFC West sending two wildcard teams to the playoffs, we get another 2. All that said though, our two games against the Cardinals will probably be tougher than 4 of those playoff games.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
seahawksny":1shmwnln said:
Bigpumpkin":1shmwnln said:
Definitely a tougher schedule than this year!

You are a sing that now but we didn't know Atlanta or minnesota were going to be bad this year. Who knows if philly or kc can keep winning next year

I actually expected Atlanta to do a lot better. But they lost a lot of their team to trades and injury. They tried to come back but could not with the issues.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

James in PA

Reaction score
Seeker":260ab6e2 said:
Do we EVER play Pittsburgh in Seattle?
We should be in 2015. We were due to get them in Seattle in 2011, but the NFL slickly changed the scheduling formula sometime before that, which is why we've had to play them on the road in 2007 and 2011. Can't wait to finally get those clowns in Seattle.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
James in PA":31hj1zfw said:
Seeker":31hj1zfw said:
Do we EVER play Pittsburgh in Seattle?
We should be in 2015. We were due to get them in Seattle in 2011, but the NFL slickly changed the scheduling formula sometime before that, which is why we've had to play them on the road in 2007 and 2011. Can't wait to finally get those clowns in Seattle.
Ain't gonna happen till we are all dead and they think the memory of the stolen 2005 superbowl is gone.

Brett

Reaction score
Maybe the hawks will invite 60k hawks fans to a practice at century link in order to prepare for the KC game we can yell while Russ and the boys are on offence instead of our D being out there lol

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I dont think that looks that bad. Toughest game is at Carolina, and it will not be a 10:00 am game, because it will be primetime for sure. KC and Philly are paper tigers.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RichNhansom":qrsxpj2n said:
davidonmi":qrsxpj2n said:
SeatownJay":qrsxpj2n said:
TheHawkster":qrsxpj2n said:

How is there zero chance? Foe several years now the league has tried to open the season with a rematch and the superb owl winning team playing at home. We are scheduled to play Denver anyway so if we beat them in the superb owl it is probably a safe assumption the season would in fact start with a super bowl rematch......
Um didn't Baltimore (defending SB champs) play at Denver (NOT San Fran) to open the season this year? Superb Owl rematches don't happen. What happens is the defending champ opens the season on Thursday night at home (unless you're Baltimore and the Orioles won't budge on rescheduling their game). Year before the Giants hosted the opening game against the Cowboys after winning against the Pats the previous Feb. (I looked it up). Go ahead and look it up man, the defending champ hosts the opener on Thurs. night (unless as previously mentioned, you're Baltimore this season) but not as a rematch.