Reaction score
James in PA":3a28oocn said:
Hmmm. Let me guess:
@ St Louis 10 am
@ Washington 10 am
@ Philly 10 am
@ Carolina 10 am
@ KC 10 am
At least one of those will be prime time game IMO, likely Carolina or Philly. Not likely more than one though. Gotta make it as difficult as possible on that crappy team from South Alaska right Rog?

Seaswab

Reaction score
rideaducati":2ffj8i1d said:
The TEAMS choose the time they play their home games except for the night games. Don't blame the NFL for early games, blame each individual team.

thats not true

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":335ae5jf said:

How is there zero chance? Foe several years now the league has tried to open the season with a rematch and the superb owl winning team playing at home. We are scheduled to play Denver anyway so if we beat them in the superb owl it is probably a safe assumption the season would in fact start with a super bowl rematch......[/quote]
Um didn't Baltimore (defending SB champs) play at Denver (NOT San Fran) to open the season this year? Superb Owl rematches don't happen. What happens is the defending champ opens the season on Thursday night at home (unless you're Baltimore and the Orioles won't budge on rescheduling their game). Year before the Giants hosted the opening game against the Cowboys after winning against the Pats the previous Feb. (I looked it up). Go ahead and look it up man, the defending champ hosts the opener on Thurs. night (unless as previously mentioned, you're Baltimore this season) but not as a rematch.[/quote]

Yes Baltimore played at Denver because their baseball team wouldn't work with them and the game was a rematch from the year prior when Baltimore knocked Denver out of the playoffs.

I'm not saying it is a super bowl rematch. That wouldn't always b possible since schedules are pre-determined and those two teams often don't face each other the next year. They have been trying to formulate a rematch of sorts with the super bowl team opening at home. In our case that could be Denver in the scenario being discussed.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Kixkahn":36aba3vg said:
James in PA":36aba3vg said:
Seeker":36aba3vg said:
Do we EVER play Pittsburgh in Seattle?
We should be in 2015. We were due to get them in Seattle in 2011, but the NFL slickly changed the scheduling formula sometime before that, which is why we've had to play them on the road in 2007 and 2011. Can't wait to finally get those clowns in Seattle.
Ain't gonna happen till we are all dead and they think the memory of the stolen 2005 superbowl is gone.
I would love the Squeelers and their Zebras in Seattle but you may be right..memory fades slow..

Axx

Reaction score
Wonder who between ESPN, NBC, or NFLNetwork is going to pickup the Greenbay game

rjdriver

Reaction score
Looks like a fun schedule.

Remember who the tough opponents were last year as we looked at the schedule?

I bet most of us were thinking @ATL, @TEX, and @NYG were three of the toughest, those teams have three ofthe top picks in the draft. Crazy how things work, there will definitely be some surprises

Greenhell

Reaction score
James in PA":2ziu53sp said:
Hmmm. Let me guess:
@ St Louis 10 am
@ Washington 10 am
@ Philly 10 am
@ Carolina 10 am
@ KC 10 am

^ this :x

KK84

Reaction score
Greenhell":xpwcp90k said:
James in PA":xpwcp90k said:
Hmmm. Let me guess:
@ St Louis 10 am
@ Washington 10 am
@ Philly 10 am
@ Carolina 10 am
@ KC 10 am

^ this :x

The nfl will decide that the west coast teams are starting to win too many if these games and will therefore push them up to 9am.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Guys, I read somewhere that, in order to counter the inherent liability facing East coast teams when they have to play later in the afternoon, Roger Goodell will force the Seahawks to play half of their home games at 10:00 am local time. When asked for a comment, he stated he got the idea from David Stern that Seattle would be the perfect place to test this policy out.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1ue1jlpw said:
Guys, I read somewhere that, in order to counter the inherent liability facing East coast teams when they have to play later in the afternoon, Roger Goodell will force the Seahawks to play half of their home games at 10:00 am local time. When asked for a comment, he stated he got the idea from David Stern that Seattle would be the perfect place to test this policy out.
This could be funny but...........................really it's more sad than anything. Good post though man.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Looks like a tough schedule. I am hoping to go to Chiefs and Rams to represent. Reasonable drive from Dallas.

My mom and brother want to meet in Seattle and watch a game. They have never been to a live game so I am excited. Going to buy tickets early. Now, which game to pick?

BlueTalons

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3tjqklio said:
Yes Baltimore played at Denver because their baseball team wouldn't work with them...
The Mariners would bend over backwards to allow this to happen...however the Mariners do not play at home on Sept. 4th anyway. In the Ravens case...if the Orioles HAD accommodated, it would NOT have been versus the Broncos as they were scheduled play in Denver regardless.

RichNhansom":3tjqklio said:
I'm not saying it is a super bowl rematch. That wouldn't always b possible since schedules are pre-determined and those two teams often don't face each other the next year. They have been trying to formulate a rematch of sorts with the super bowl team opening at home. In our case that could be Denver in the scenario being discussed.
Exactly. They have to use what the schedule gives them. In this case, it could work out perfect...as long as things go the way we hope/expect...

...but looking back at some of the openers...some are pretty random, some pit playoff rematches, and other are divisional games (Steelers opened versus Tennessee...not sure the story of that when Baltimore would have been a better pick??)

ALSO...(for arguments sake the Hawks DO win the SB) even if Denver is NOT the SB opponent, the NFL could STILL make this an opening matchup based on what was EXPECTED to happen for the SB.

HansGruber

Reaction score
BlueTalons":1dh7cnmm said:
RichNhansom":1dh7cnmm said:
Yes Baltimore played at Denver because their baseball team wouldn't work with them...
The Mariners would bend over backwards to allow this to happen...however the Mariners do not play at home on Sept. 4th anyway. In the Ravens case...if the Orioles HAD accommodated, it would NOT have been versus the Broncos as they were scheduled play in Denver regardless.

Baltimore was supposed to open the season at home, as the Champion does every season. They were forced to play in Denver because the lame Orioles were unwilling to work with them (as if anyone cares about MLB).

Traditionally, the season opens with a rematch of each conference championship game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":2haxipjy said:
Of course, the toughest competition still looks to come from our own division, but two significant questions face our NFC west rivals this offseason .. .

1. Can Carson Palmer play at a high level for another year?

2. When does age begin to take its toll on that Niners defense?

I think they collapse 10 days from now in their 2nd playoff game. They have been to the NFCCG and the Superbowl in the last two years with no rest. Contrary to what Cowherd says, I can't see them making it past this year's NFCCG. The defense has had to play too many games and carry their offense for too long.

On the Washington field, they said they weren't going to change it last year. It was right after the Seattle, Washington game, so I don't think they did.

ceej22

Reaction score
McGruff":1q6xqhyj said:
FortWorthSeahawk":1q6xqhyj said:
Greeeeeat...we have to go to that sorry excuse of a field in DC again. The field scares me more than the team does.

Didn't they redo that field?

A lot can change in a year, but we play three games against playoff teams at home, and 5 on the road . . . We play eight games against playoff teams out of 16 games . . . That seems like a lot to me.

Well as a division winner you are guaranteed 4 games vs. playoff teams. Add 2 more to that thanks to being in the best division in the NFL. Add 2 more thanks to playing the 2nd best division in the AFC West. 8 is not out of the ordinary but it is a bit high due to San Diego sneaking in. 49ers had 7 games this year vs last years playoff teams.

kearly

Reaction score
Incredibly fortunate to get Green Bay and Denver in Seattle. Our road schedule is very friendly as well. Eagles and Chiefs can be beaten in their house, and the Seahawks have Cam Newton's number so I don't mind getting Carolina on the road, unless it's a 10am summer start again.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can say any schedule is easy or hard till we know team make up, ours included. That and coaching changes that are going to be cycleing as well.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":u0waxqud said:
Incredibly fortunate to get Green Bay and Denver in Seattle. Our road schedule is very friendly as well. Eagles and Chiefs can be beaten in their house, and the Seahawks have Cam Newton's number so I don't mind getting Carolina on the road, unless it's a 10am summer start again.
Agree with everything you said though I'm gonna caution folks about playing in KC. Back in the AFC West days it seemed like no matter how good the Hawks were they always lost at Arrowhead. Tough place to play.