NFL top 100 Kap at 81 Stafford at 100

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":20d1uoia said:
kearly":20d1uoia said:
If a few things had gone a little differently Kaepernick might be a two time NFL champion in his first two seasons as starter.

HHZjzKyjOwjaSx4N09vtl6BmYXaJ9RAGZIlMxWqBqNnUVSns1U
Amazing :th2thumbs:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2fri8lr0 said:
To be honest, I think RW will be in the 30's or low 40's. He is a champ and one hell of a football player, but the national mediots probably don't think his stats and production are enough to justify placing him in the 20's or lower. Being in the top 30-40 still puts him in the top 2% of active roster players (53 active X 32 teams). Pretty impressive I think.

Sherman and Thomas should be ranked lower (higher?) on the list. Sherm is arguably the best corner in the league, Thomas pretty much the unanimous best FS in the game. Those two should be top 20 easily.

It'll be interesting to see where Kam is ranked in this list. I think he will be somewhere between RW and Thomas/Sherm.
Isn't this list voted on by players only?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yes. But they don't tend to have current information unless they actually play them or are division rivals. They're too busy actually preparing to play their next opponent in season to watch others unless they're out of playoff contention.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
81 sounds right to me. He can be dangerous if used correctly but if they have to rely on him without the benefit of a dominant running game he becomes turn over prone. His numbers bare this out also. Most of the season they were pretty much winning in spite of being the lowest passing team in the league and when they tried to step up his passing to get back into the NFCC game against us he turned it over three times. He was also lucky he didn't have several other turn overs in the play offs. Multiple passes were inexplicably just missed or dropped.

He is still primarily a one read QB benefiting from Harbaughs system and has shown no reason to think he is learning to read defenses or even go through progressions properly.

Ask yourself how you think he would do without Harbaugh's system or if his O-line struggled the way ours did last year? I don't believe he would be anywhere near the top 100. Consider Boldin and Davis are a better combo than anything we put on the field last year outside the super bowl.

I think people would also give Kaep more credit if Harbaugh didn't take Alex Smith the the NFCC game his first year but that happened and so it raises the question of is it Harbaugh or Kaep. To me I think it is obvious.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3abitam5 said:
JGfromtheNW":3abitam5 said:
To be honest, I think RW will be in the 30's or low 40's. He is a champ and one hell of a football player, but the national mediots probably don't think his stats and production are enough to justify placing him in the 20's or lower. Being in the top 30-40 still puts him in the top 2% of active roster players (53 active X 32 teams). Pretty impressive I think.

Sherman and Thomas should be ranked lower (higher?) on the list. Sherm is arguably the best corner in the league, Thomas pretty much the unanimous best FS in the game. Those two should be top 20 easily.

It'll be interesting to see where Kam is ranked in this list. I think he will be somewhere between RW and Thomas/Sherm.
Isn't this list voted on by players only?

Totally forgot that it's decided by the players. I honestly don't think it changes what I said, though. The players are going to be making their decisions with the information provided (talking head opinion, statistics, personal experience/belief).

I don't expect many players who play in the AFC East, AFC North, etc. to be able to assess many of the Seahawks players and how they compare to others that the national mediots drool over every week or they see on a regular basis.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I got no prob with him at 81. I think he can potentially be much higher, but there is no doubting he had a significant rough patch last year (like half the year...lol).

Most of that was due to some poor play at the WR position, some bad play calling, and yes, some serious growing pains on his part. It wasn't any one thing...they all played a part.

He did seem to start pulling himself out of it toward the end of the year though.

As someone said above, counting the postseason he started 9 games last year and threw a total of 11 INTs. SIX of them were in three games against the Seahawks.

That's because the Seattle secondary is good. Really good. Pass rush not half bad either. I know....its a shocker. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1dvpqcdw said:
I wonder how Jaworski's QB rankings will shake out this year.

LOL...his quote last year was a reference to Kaps potential, not who he currently is.

I don't think saying he has the potential to be the best ever is all that Hyperbolic when you consider that there are a number of players whom you can say the same about...including Russell Wilson.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":a9me64re said:
Even most QB experts overvalue the physical tools/skills of quarterbacks. It's like 90% cerebral.

Yeah....when they say stuff like that they are almost always talking about physical potential.

We can go round and round forever over whether or not Kap has the tools in his heart or between his ears.

Fact of the matter is tho that the 2 best ever in my mind (Montana/Brady) didn't have those physical tools.

It depends on the players dedication. If Kap goes the Randall Cunningham/Mike Vick route and not really dedicate himself till late in his career...it won't work out well. If he goes the Steve Young route and works his a$$ off to get better...there's really no limit.

Russell has already proved he will do the work. Kap is a workout demon...but we'll have to see how that translates.