NFL trade deadline

rcaido

Reaction score
DJrmb":2va7milx said:
MontanaHawk05":2va7milx said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade.

I agree with people saying that this team looks like 2012. Problem is, 2012 ended due to lack of pass rush. We're still thin at DL...it's Clark and Reed, and beyond that, a bunch of rotational pieces who hand you two or three pressures a game but don't get home. I don't think that's going to suffice in the postseason; I've got an uncomfortable feeling of lacking pass rush being our undoing.

We have a surplus at a couple of spots, one of them being RB. Davis seems the most likely trade bait for a RB-hungry team. There's also Ethan Pocic, whom everyone has forgotten about, but I think he's less likely to go because we're going to want depth.

But if Davis and a pick goes for a decent pass rush piece, I won't be surprised.
With JD McKissic due to come back at some point I could definitely see them trading a RB somewhere. Maybe with Devonta Freeman on IR Pete could call up Dan Quinn and get something for one of them. However, we'd probably only get picks back. I don't see any obvious fits of teams with pass rushers (they're willing to trade) that also need a RB.

Bruce Irvin...Raiders need a RB after Lynch going down...Throw in a 5th rounder

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
rcaido":w5hvejro said:
DJrmb":w5hvejro said:
MontanaHawk05":w5hvejro said:

I agree with people saying that this team looks like 2012. Problem is, 2012 ended due to lack of pass rush. We're still thin at DL...it's Clark and Reed, and beyond that, a bunch of rotational pieces who hand you two or three pressures a game but don't get home. I don't think that's going to suffice in the postseason; I've got an uncomfortable feeling of lacking pass rush being our undoing.

We have a surplus at a couple of spots, one of them being RB. Davis seems the most likely trade bait for a RB-hungry team. There's also Ethan Pocic, whom everyone has forgotten about, but I think he's less likely to go because we're going to want depth.

But if Davis and a pick goes for a decent pass rush piece, I won't be surprised.
With JD McKissic due to come back at some point I could definitely see them trading a RB somewhere. Maybe with Devonta Freeman on IR Pete could call up Dan Quinn and get something for one of them. However, we'd probably only get picks back. I don't see any obvious fits of teams with pass rushers (they're willing to trade) that also need a RB.

That would be poetic.

Sweezy, Irvin, Maxwell...we're not just bringing back the 2013 draft, we're bringing back our 2013 team!

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
rcaido":l0a6xnw0 said:
Sgt. Largent":l0a6xnw0 said:
Trrrroy":l0a6xnw0 said:
Sgt. Largent":l0a6xnw0 said:
For all the Pete and John do well, and that list is long................they're horrifically terrible at trades.

So I'm good, please don't give up any more draft picks for overpriced vets on the last year of their deal that other team's are trying to unload.

Yeah, they have some stinkers in there (Percy Harvin) but they've also got Duane Brown, Chris Clemons, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Coleman, and Clinton Mcdonald via trade. Trades come with risk, you can't win every time.

All your examples are old, except for Brown.......and yeah we extended him and it seems to be working out, but two picks was a lot to pay for Brown, and we got worked over by the Texans who NEVER had any intention of keeping Lane, they always wanted the 2nd.

So no, I'm not down with making a big trade taking on salary with a short term vet with where we're at right now.

How is this old? Brown & Coleman was just last year. Harvin was 6years ago. Only other bad trade was for Richardson that i can think of....FO does way more good then bad on trades.

Graham was still ok trade.

Here are some trades by the FO since 2010;

Traded Tapp for 4th Rounder and Chris Clemons - Good Trade. This resulted big for us and Clemons not only contributed but was pivotal in our SB Run in 2013.

Traded 3rd Rounder for Charlie Whitehurst - No matter how you look at it this was a bad trade. It was dumb then it's dumb now.

Traded 4th/6th Rounder for Kevin Vickerson and LenDale White - Two picks, two players. Both of which were mediocre there time in Seattle. I say Vickerson contributed more but not by much. Not the best trade in the world.

Traded 5th Rounder for Leon Washington - He had his ups and downs but for the most part he was a decent pick up here in Seattle and we didn't sell the farm for him either.

Traded 6th Rounder for Kentwan Balmer - Did anyone remember this one? I didn't. Forgettable and he didn't stick around.

Traded 7th Rounder for Tyler Polumbus - I remember him not being great, just kinda a body in a jersey. For a 7th though it's relatively inoffensive.

Traded 7th Rounder for Stacey Andrews - Similar to Polumbus pick. Very low risk and very low reward. This was both.

Traded 1st/7th/ and 2014 4th Rounder for Percy Harvin - Even at the time I thought this was a bad trade. Huge price tag and he was coming off a major injury. Didn't contribute at all in 2013 due to injury say for one glorious return in the Super Bowl. He was gone by 2014.

Traded 7th Rounder for Terrelle Pryor - Low Risk, Low Reward. Nothing to write home about, it just happened.

Traded 2015 6th Rounder for Marcus Burley - This was good. He was a solid contributor. Not perfect but he didn't need to be. Good get for the price.

Traded 1st/2016 4th Rounder and Max Unger for Jimmy Graham and 4th Rounder - At the time I was optimistic about this one but in the end it didn't really benefit Seattle. Graham wasn't utilized well at all during his stay here and we gave up our best lineman at the time and had a void at center for a season or two.

Traded 2016 6th Rounder for Mohammad Seisey - He unfortunately spent most of his tenure here on IR. Low value but still didn't amount to anything.

Traded 2016 5th Rounder for Kelcie McCray - I'm going to be ignorant here and wouldn't mind being corrected but I don't think McCray did much for Seattle except for maybe work on Special Teams? Despite being a 5th Round pick seems too much if he was just ST.

Traded 7th Rounder for Dewey McDonald - I don't even remember this one but Low Risk, Low Reward again.

Traded Kevin Pierre-Paul for DJ Alexander - I don't think either team really benefited from this trade. They more or less offset each other.

Traded Kearse/2nd/ and 7th Rounder for Sheldon Richardson and 7th Rounder - This was stuck with a lot of people. We gave up quite a bit for a player we rented for a season and tossed in Kearse for good measure. The writing was on the wall for him at the time but Seattle in the end got nothing out of this trade.

Traded 3rd and 2019 2nd Rounder for Brown - Pretty big price tag but Brown was not only resigned but he's been helping our new O-Line shaping up to be one of the best in the league. Despite what we gave up it may have been worth it.

Traded 7th Rounder for Justin Coleman - This was just a solid pick up. He's been contributing and has really been a building block in this new rebuild of the defense.

Out of the listed Trades 5 could be considered great trades for great value. 6 could be considered bad trades overall and 7 could be considered uneventful/you get what you pay for. If you want to be technical, if they get more good than bad out of trade then honestly it's kinda split. Really what this shows us broadly is the Law of Averages. Got some good, bad and middle of the road.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3tnac3xo said:
rcaido":3tnac3xo said:
Sgt. Largent":3tnac3xo said:
Trrrroy":3tnac3xo said:
Yeah, they have some stinkers in there (Percy Harvin) but they've also got Duane Brown, Chris Clemons, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Coleman, and Clinton Mcdonald via trade. Trades come with risk, you can't win every time.

All your examples are old, except for Brown.......and yeah we extended him and it seems to be working out, but two picks was a lot to pay for Brown, and we got worked over by the Texans who NEVER had any intention of keeping Lane, they always wanted the 2nd.

So no, I'm not down with making a big trade taking on salary with a short term vet with where we're at right now.

How is this old? Brown & Coleman was just last year. Harvin was 6years ago. Only other bad trade was for Richardson that i can think of....FO does way more good then bad on trades.

Traded Tapp for 4th Rounder and Chris Clemons - Good Trade. This resulted big for us and Clemons not only contributed but was pivotal in our SB Run in 2013.

Traded 3rd Rounder for Charlie Whitehurst - No matter how you look at it this was a bad trade. It was dumb then it's dumb now.

Traded 4th/6th Rounder for Kevin Vickerson and LenDale White - Two picks, two players. Both of which were mediocre there time in Seattle. I say Vickerson contributed more but not by much. Not the best trade in the world.

Traded 5th Rounder for Leon Washington - He had his ups and downs but for the most part he was a decent pick up here in Seattle and we didn't sell the farm for him either.

Traded 6th Rounder for Kentwan Balmer - Did anyone remember this one? I didn't. Forgettable and he didn't stick around.

Traded 7th Rounder for Tyler Polumbus - I remember him not being great, just kinda a body in a jersey. For a 7th though it's relatively inoffensive.

Traded 7th Rounder for Stacey Andrews - Similar to Polumbus pick. Very low risk and very low reward. This was both.

Traded 1st/7th/ and 2014 4th Rounder for Percy Harvin - Even at the time I thought this was a bad trade. Huge price tag and he was coming off a major injury. Didn't contribute at all in 2013 due to injury say for one glorious return in the Super Bowl. He was gone by 2014.

Traded 7th Rounder for Terrelle Pryor - Low Risk, Low Reward. Nothing to write home about, it just happened.

Traded 2015 6th Rounder for Marcus Burley - This was good. He was a solid contributor. Not perfect but he didn't need to be. Good get for the price.

Traded 1st/2016 4th Rounder and Max Unger for Jimmy Graham and 4th Rounder - At the time I was optimistic about this one but in the end it didn't really benefit Seattle. Graham wasn't utilized well at all during his stay here and we gave up our best lineman at the time and had a void at center for a season or two.

Traded 2016 6th Rounder for Mohammad Seisey - He unfortunately spent most of his tenure here on IR. Low value but still didn't amount to anything.

Traded 2016 5th Rounder for Kelcie McCray - I'm going to be ignorant here and wouldn't mind being corrected but I don't think McCray did much for Seattle except for maybe work on Special Teams? Despite being a 5th Round pick seems too much if he was just ST.

Traded 7th Rounder for Dewey McDonald - I don't even remember this one but Low Risk, Low Reward again.

Traded Kevin Pierre-Paul for DJ Alexander - I don't think either team really benefited from this trade. They more or less offset each other.

Traded Kearse/2nd/ and 7th Rounder for Sheldon Richardson and 7th Rounder - This was stuck with a lot of people. We gave up quite a bit for a player we rented for a season and tossed in Kearse for good measure. The writing was on the wall for him at the time but Seattle in the end got nothing out of this trade.

Traded 3rd and 2019 2nd Rounder for Brown - Pretty big price tag but Brown was not only resigned but he's been helping our new O-Line shaping up to be one of the best in the league. Despite what we gave up it may have been worth it.

Traded 7th Rounder for Justin Coleman - This was just a solid pick up. He's been contributing and has really been a building block in this new rebuild of the defense.

Out of the listed Trades 5 could be considered great trades for great value. 6 could be considered bad trades overall and 7 could be considered uneventful/you get what you pay for. If you want to be technical, if they get more good than bad out of trade then honestly it's kinda split. Really what this shows us broadly is the Law of Averages. Got some good, bad and middle of the road.

I would say their trade history is better than that. Graham deserves to be in the yellow (ten touchdowns - no, I'm not going to shut up about it) because a trade deserves to be examined in light of its potential as well as its results. If you're trading for one of the league's best receiving talents, the trade is understandable.

Sheldon, same thing - yellow. Harvin I'd grade out red because of the character rumors and lack of results.

Also, you forgot Beastmode. :p

rcaido

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":34pqh67m said:
rcaido":34pqh67m said:
Sgt. Largent":34pqh67m said:
Trrrroy":34pqh67m said:

Why didn't you add Lynch? What about the whole LOB & KJ Wright? They were all due to trades if we are being technical and petty...Percy Harvin trade resulted in getting Tyler Locket.

Richardson is the only real bad one because we didn't get anyone back in return.

D

DomeHawk

This is one of those rare threads where I can just about agree with everyone's viewpoint, be it pro or con. Listening to PC's post-game comments though, he said, "I like this team." I am not expecting any changes unless the unlikely event of a "gimme" shows up.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
** Addendum

Traded 4th Rounder for Marshawn Lynch - How ludicrous of me to let this slip my mind. One of the best trades and arguably the biggest steal of the Carrol Era.

Taking note of trades for picks. I specifically left out most draft day picks for picks and was mainly focusing on picks for players.

rcaido

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3lvow17r said:
** Addendum

Traded 4th Rounder for Marshawn Lynch - How ludicrous of me to let this slip my mind. One of the best trades and arguably the biggest steal of the Carrol Era.

Taking note of trades for picks. I specifically left out most draft day picks for picks and was mainly focusing on picks for players.

Why?

If you count us trading our draft picks why would you omit us getting draft pick trades? Let me guess it doesn't fit your narrative. I mean yeah its more important to add some 6 or 7 rounder trade that didn't impact nothing but choose not to mention trading Deon Branch for 4th round pick to get KJ Wright in 2010.
We also got these players in 2010 from trades Kam, Walter Thurmond, & Bryon Maxwell. That Whitehurst was bad but with that trade we also got Golden Tate.

2011- Clinton McDonald for Jennings was suspiciously missing

We also got Wagner & Sherman from trade picks.

massari

Reaction score
Even though it seems the Hawks shouldn't trade picks for big salary, and WR might not necessarily be a need atm, Golden Tate is really tempting. Rumors are that the Lions want a 4th round pick for him. If the Seahawks get him this season and he leaves via free agency after the season, they'd get a 2020 comp pick. But Tate could have a few more very productive seasons in him though, enough for some more SB runs, so they may want to re sign him.

If they got Tate, they could release Jaron Brown to recoup a comp pick from Graham/Richardson/P Rich if I'm not mistaken.

Baldwin
Tate
Lockett
Moore

CB Gareon Conley and Bruce Irvin are on the block too.

rcaido

Reaction score
massari":2xb89cfw said:
Even though it seems the Hawks shouldn't trade picks for big salary, and WR might not necessarily be a need atm, Golden Tate is really tempting. Rumors are that the Lions want a 4th round pick for him. If the Seahawks get him this season and he leaves via free agency after the season, they'd get a 2020 comp pick. But Tate could have a few more very productive seasons in him though, enough for some more SB runs, so they may want to re sign him.

If they got Tate, they could release Jaron Brown to recoup a comp pick from Graham/Richardson/P Rich if I'm not mistaken.

Baldwin
Tate
Lockett
Moore

CB Gareon Conley and Bruce Irvin are on the block too.

comp pick plus tate, that would be awesome. also perks no more Ciara :p

AgentDib

Reaction score
If they have a trade target that they could see being a long-term piece for the team then I'm in favor of it. It doesn't make sense to me to support a front office but not trust them to make any trades.

I am opposed to the specific type of trade where we try to improve our 2018 prospects at the expense of future years. We made a series of moves in that direction last season in addition to restructuring Russ and Doug's contracts. Swapping high picks only to pay top dollars for a player would strike me as that kind of move.

toffee

Reaction score
rcaido":k3hus1yf said:
DJrmb":k3hus1yf said:
MontanaHawk05":k3hus1yf said:

9ers may make Sherman available, now that they are tanking.

flufferd

Reaction score
How much would Irvin cost and is he worth it?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn RNE-L21 met Tapatalk

evergreen

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2azy5ars said:
** Addendum

I think this needs it’s own color. Best trade of all time. He owns the highlights reel. No don’t trade for anything! We are freakin awesome right now.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2q07rv4y said:
For all the Pete and John do well, and that list is long................they're horrifically terrible at trades.

Yep... Marshawn Lynch was horrifically terrible. Duane Brown, Justin Coleman, Chris Clemmons. Terrible, just terrible.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
rcaido":16zu0d2c said:
Seahawk_Dan":16zu0d2c said:
** Addendum

Why?

If you count us trading our draft picks why would you omit us getting draft pick trades? Let me guess it doesn't fit your narrative. I mean yeah its more important to add some 6 or 7 rounder trade that didn't impact nothing but choose not to mention trading Deon Branch for 4th round pick to get KJ Wright in 2010.
We also got these players in 2010 from trades Kam, Walter Thurmond, & Bryon Maxwell. That Whitehurst was bad but with that trade we also got Golden Tate.

Calm down there buckaroo. No narrative driven intentions here.

Like I said I was purely looking at picks for players but if you want to go into further details then some notable players we got from traded pics are; Golden Tate, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Byron Maxwell, Richard Sherman, J.R. Sweezy, Jeremy Lane, Bobby Wagner, Paul Richardson, Tyler Lockett, Chris Carson, and Jarren Reed. 12 good to great.

We also got; John Moffitt, Kris Durham, Lazarius Levingston, Tharold Simon, Korey Toomer, Greg Scruggs, Christine Michael, Jesse Williams, Kiero Small, Kevin Norwood, Garrett Scott, Kenny Lawler, Michael Tyson, and Malik McDowell 15 wastes.

Jury still out on; Germain Ifedi, Nick Vannett, Quinton Jefferson, Tedric Thompson, Delano Hill, Jamarco Jones, Shaquem Griffin. 7 unknown.

I'll state what I said on my previous post. After research it, it's all law of averages. If anything it's slightly more missed than hits but the ones on the fence could change that.

toffee

Reaction score
First we signed Sweezy, now folks are talking about Bruce Irvin and Golden Tate. Reunion much?

rcaido

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2l3baf3p said:
rcaido":2l3baf3p said:
Seahawk_Dan":2l3baf3p said:
** Addendum

Why?

Calm down there buckaroo. No narrative driven intentions here.

Like I said I was purely looking at picks for players but if you want to go into further details then some notable players we got from traded pics are; Golden Tate, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Byron Maxwell, Richard Sherman, J.R. Sweezy, Jeremy Lane, Bobby Wagner, Paul Richardson, Tyler Lockett, Chris Carson, and Jarren Reed. 12 good to great.

We also got; John Moffitt, Kris Durham, Lazarius Levingston, Tharold Simon, Korey Toomer, Greg Scruggs, Christine Michael, Jesse Williams, Kiero Small, Kevin Norwood, Garrett Scott, Kenny Lawler, Michael Tyson, and Malik McDowell 15 wastes.

Jury still out on; Germain Ifedi, Nick Vannett, Quinton Jefferson, Tedric Thompson, Delano Hill, Jamarco Jones, Shaquem Griffin. 7 unknown.

I'll state what I said on my previous post. After research it, it's all law of averages. If anything it's slightly more missed than hits but the ones on the fence could change that.

Wow so delusional. Do you really think that's Law of average? How can you say Lynch + trade =Korey Toomer -trade balance it out.

Latest posts