NFL trade deadline

xray

Reaction score
Trade Prosise for Bruce Irvin straight up... :irishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
rcaido":2y0ke5tp said:
Wow so delusional. Do you really think that's Law of average? How can you say Lynch + trade =Korey Toomer -trade balance it out.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Tough crowd.

RCATES

Reaction score
We have 4 draft picks left lol. Also very limited on cap space with Frank, Wright and Fluker needing to be extended.

RCATES

Reaction score
flufferd":3lzxgvnh said:
How much would Irvin cost and is he worth it?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn RNE-L21 met Tapatalk

His cap hit has 4 million left this year and a whopping 9 next year. Too much for a situational pass rusher.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
rcaido":1oq6qo6r said:
Seahawk_Dan":1oq6qo6r said:
rcaido":1oq6qo6r said:
Seahawk_Dan":1oq6qo6r said:
** Addendum

Traded 4th Rounder for Marshawn Lynch - How ludicrous of me to let this slip my mind. One of the best trades and arguably the biggest steal of the Carrol Era.

Taking note of trades for picks. I specifically left out most draft day picks for picks and was mainly focusing on picks for players.

Why?

If you count us trading our draft picks why would you omit us getting draft pick trades? Let me guess it doesn't fit your narrative. I mean yeah its more important to add some 6 or 7 rounder trade that didn't impact nothing but choose not to mention trading Deon Branch for 4th round pick to get KJ Wright in 2010.
We also got these players in 2010 from trades Kam, Walter Thurmond, & Bryon Maxwell. That Whitehurst was bad but with that trade we also got Golden Tate.

2011- Clinton McDonald for Jennings was suspiciously missing

We also got Wagner & Sherman from trade picks.

Calm down there buckaroo. No narrative driven intentions here.

Like I said I was purely looking at picks for players but if you want to go into further details then some notable players we got from traded pics are; Golden Tate, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Byron Maxwell, Richard Sherman, J.R. Sweezy, Jeremy Lane, Bobby Wagner, Paul Richardson, Tyler Lockett, Chris Carson, and Jarren Reed. 12 good to great.

We also got; John Moffitt, Kris Durham, Lazarius Levingston, Tharold Simon, Korey Toomer, Greg Scruggs, Christine Michael, Jesse Williams, Kiero Small, Kevin Norwood, Garrett Scott, Kenny Lawler, Michael Tyson, and Malik McDowell 15 wastes.

Jury still out on; Germain Ifedi, Nick Vannett, Quinton Jefferson, Tedric Thompson, Delano Hill, Jamarco Jones, Shaquem Griffin. 7 unknown.

I'll state what I said on my previous post. After research it, it's all law of averages. If anything it's slightly more missed than hits but the ones on the fence could change that.

Wow so delusional. Do you really think that's Law of average? How can you say Lynch + trade =Korey Toomer -trade balance it out.

You are just determined to be combative aren't you? I am saying that after looking it up, definitively and number wise, Carroll ability to pick players either through trade or draft makes scientific sense. You said he hits more than he misses, I was the opposing viewpoint, I looked it up and in all honesty he's more or less 50%, which make sense. That is Law of Averages. It doesn't mean "average" pick up or player it means "the principle that supposes most future events are likely to balance any past deviation from a presumed average."

What that has to do with talent level or name recognition is irrelevant. Carroll, and any coach, is likely to pick up the next Richard Sherman as he is the next Malik McDowell.

lukerguy

Reaction score
This team sort of reminds me of the team that got hot at the end of 2012 or 2013 and lost to the Falcons in the playoffs on a last second FG.

They're young and talented. It's not impossible for me to see the Hawks being a top 5 team in the league. I don't think they'll ever get to a SB by playing on the road, but I could see them winning a game in the playoffs.. who knows? They almost beat LA at home.

One thing that is very underrated is that our style of play is very conducive to poor weather.

Who would you take in January 45-50 degree day with rain, LA or SEA? If LA is the best team in the league, and we're close, then it might be worth a 4th rounder to add a pass rusher and see what happens?

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":34hj4k6e said:
No way man, trade Procise for JJ Watt straight up.

Love, the "12s" :lol:

^^^ This!! :lol:

And while we're at it, please trade Blitz for the Statue of Liberty so we can properly dress her up again!! :irishdrinkers:

6f0f6ea759038fd5aa0f4a3d5c6a70df

rcaido

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2tgaopd4 said:
rcaido":2tgaopd4 said:
Seahawk_Dan":2tgaopd4 said:
rcaido":2tgaopd4 said:
Why?

If you count us trading our draft picks why would you omit us getting draft pick trades? Let me guess it doesn't fit your narrative. I mean yeah its more important to add some 6 or 7 rounder trade that didn't impact nothing but choose not to mention trading Deon Branch for 4th round pick to get KJ Wright in 2010.
We also got these players in 2010 from trades Kam, Walter Thurmond, & Bryon Maxwell. That Whitehurst was bad but with that trade we also got Golden Tate.

2011- Clinton McDonald for Jennings was suspiciously missing

We also got Wagner & Sherman from trade picks.

Like I said I was purely looking at picks for players but if you want to go into further details then some notable players we got from traded pics are; Golden Tate, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Byron Maxwell, Richard Sherman, J.R. Sweezy, Jeremy Lane, Bobby Wagner, Paul Richardson, Tyler Lockett, Chris Carson, and Jarren Reed. 12 good to great.

We also got; John Moffitt, Kris Durham, Lazarius Levingston, Tharold Simon, Korey Toomer, Greg Scruggs, Christine Michael, Jesse Williams, Kiero Small, Kevin Norwood, Garrett Scott, Kenny Lawler, Michael Tyson, and Malik McDowell 15 wastes.

Jury still out on; Germain Ifedi, Nick Vannett, Quinton Jefferson, Tedric Thompson, Delano Hill, Jamarco Jones, Shaquem Griffin. 7 unknown.

I'll state what I said on my previous post. After research it, it's all law of averages. If anything it's slightly more missed than hits but the ones on the fence could change that.

You are just determined to be combative aren't you? I am saying that after looking it up, definitively and number wise, Carroll ability to pick players either through trade or draft makes scientific sense. You said he hits more than he misses, I was the opposing viewpoint, I looked it up and in all honesty he's more or less 50%, which make sense. That is Law of Averages. It doesn't mean "average" pick up or player it means "the principle that supposes most future events are likely to balance any past deviation from a presumed average."

What that has to do with talent level or name recognition is irrelevant. Carroll, and any coach, is likely to pick up the next Richard Sherman as he is the next Malik McDowell.

Your numbers dont add up...If someone finds 8 silver dollars, 2 quarters, & 2 nickels would not mean the other guy who found 20 pennies is a better contributor or is equal.

Why wouldn't talent level weigh in the matter of being great with trades? If people use Harvin against Carol as person who is poor at trades, of course the other half has the right to use impact players as samples of him being great.

If you add up all the the impact players the Seahawk receive from trades compared to all the impact misses, its not average, not even close.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lukerguy":3uz0abf0 said:
Who would you take in January 45-50 degree day with rain, LA or SEA? If LA is the best team in the league, and we're close, then it might be worth a 4th rounder to add a pass rusher and see what happens?

Not to rain on your parade (get it!).........but we'd be playing the Rams in LA if we make the playoffs and get matched up.

But yes, how Pete builds his teams is exactly for playing in nasty weather in November, December and January.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":25yx101a said:
lukerguy":25yx101a said:

Not to rain on your parade (get it!).........but we'd be playing the Rams in LA if we make the playoffs and get matched up.

But yes, how Pete builds his teams is exactly for playing in nasty weather in November, December and January.

You didn't. Barney bit the dust and his parade balloons went flat before it ever got started. :lol:

1448475562 barneygif4

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
rcaido":3gr0nmj0 said:
Seahawk_Dan":3gr0nmj0 said:
rcaido":3gr0nmj0 said:
Seahawk_Dan":3gr0nmj0 said:

Your numbers dont add up...If someone finds 8 silver dollars, 2 quarters, & 2 nickels would not mean the other guy who found 20 pennies is a better contributor or is equal.

Why wouldn't talent level weigh in the matter of being great with trades? If people use Harvin against Carol as person who is poor at trades, of course the other half has the right to use impact players as samples of him being great.

If you add up all the the impact players the Seahawk receive from trades compared to all the impact misses, its not average, not even close.

You're still not getting it. Between trades and drafts Carroll ability to pick up superstars is equal to on par with his ability to select underperforming players. Once again saying "average" in a scientific equation doesn't mean average player or average talent, it is referring to the likelihood of getting a hit or miss.

Given what I've shown Pete is like any other coach or human being. He wins some, he loses some. He's not a trade or draft master but he's not an idiot either. For every Chancellor and Wagner there is an Greg Scruggs and Kevin Norwood.

My original position of he has more misses than hits changed when I looked into this and admitted that his ability to evaluate talent and trade was pretty equal to each other. I'm not going off of how legendary a player is that doesn't matter because my argument is that he falls into the realm of perfectly acceptable margin of error and success.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd.

Stupid ass Lions.....why?

rcaido

Reaction score
Not as dumb as the Cowboys.

They weren't going to sign Tate, i think 3rd rounder is pretty good. I thought the Eagles needed a running back.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
3rd rounder for Taint is a pretty good return. Maybe he told them he was going to want a big contract after this season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3nxw8vp4 said:

Tate's a UFA next year, apparently the Lions don't think he's worth another big contract. 3rd seems like a good deal for the Eagles, especially if they're going to offer him an extension and keep him around.

They don't really have a dependable #1, both Jeffrey and Agholor are inconsistent, Tate's a great fit for the Eagle's RPO scheme with Wentz.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":13ulhwif said:
Seymour":13ulhwif said:

Tate's a UFA next year, apparently the Lions don't think he's worth another big contract. 3rd seems like a good deal for the Eagles, especially if they're going to offer him an extension and keep him around.

They don't really have a dependable #1, both Jeffrey and Agholor are inconsistent, Tate's a great fit for the Eagle's RPO scheme with Wentz.

Big contract? They got a steal! He is their #1 receiver and averaged $6.2M per year. Lions packed it in and they are 1 game out of first in their division. They act like REAL losers. :141847_bnono:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2jl5yis9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2jl5yis9 said:
Seymour":2jl5yis9 said:

Big contract? They got a steal! He is their #1 receiver and averaged $6.2M per year. Lions packed it in and they are 1 game out of first in their division. They act like REAL losers. :141847_bnono:

I'm not defending the Lions decision, I'm just trying to figure out their mindset of trading Tate...........and all I can come up with is they think they're in a rebuild of some kind and don't want to commit 5 years/80M @ 15-16M a year like Cooks, Beckam and Evans just got.