NFL trade deadline

Seymour

Reaction score
Tate is not going to get an OBJ type deal. He is tops a 10-11M guy at this point (30) in his career IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":8fkathpb said:
Tate is not going to get an OBJ type deal. He is tops a 10-11M guy at this point (30) in his career IMO.

I feel like we're getting into another Frank Clark argument, but yes Tate would ask for what Brandon Cooks just got, very similar receivers and stats......and Cooks just signed for 16M a year.

I love Golden, just glad he didn't go to the Patriots. I wouldn't stop throwing up if I had to see him in a Patriots uniform.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The biggest mid-season trade of all time still is that Hershel Walker trade. That was an all timer.
If remember right, there was like 16-18 players involved in that one trade. Flat out changed the entire history of the Cowboys.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":k43lsdv0 said:
The biggest mid-season trade of all time still is that Hershel Walker trade. That was an all timer.
If remember right, there was like 16-18 players involved in that one trade. Flat out changed the entire history of the Cowboys.

Don't forget the Saints and Ditka trading all their picks for Ricky Williams. Not as colossal but just as ridiculous.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ov0w2jp said:
Seymour":2ov0w2jp said:
Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd.

Stupid ass Lions.....why?

Tate's a UFA next year, apparently the Lions don't think he's worth another big contract. 3rd seems like a good deal for the Eagles, especially if they're going to offer him an extension and keep him around.

They don't really have a dependable #1, both Jeffrey and Agholor are inconsistent, Tate's a great fit for the Eagle's RPO scheme with Wentz.
But wait! Tate is not a #1 WR. "Everybody" knows that. :sarcasm_off:

Just remembering all the Tate hate from back when. :laugh:

Tate did a lot for us, then left for greener pastures. Good luck to him, but I wouldn't necessarily want him back here. I kind of like our WR corps as it is right now. Good mix of youth and experience, even with Marshall gone. Good guys who can catch and block.

chris98251

Reaction score
For you all bashing Pete on Harvin and Graham, Pete and John made the call, but Bevell lobbied and lobbied some more that they would be the difference in making our offense explosive and undefendable, Bevell after all had Harvin in Minny and spoke for him as well as Rice.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":srpjhk9n said:
Sgt. Largent":srpjhk9n said:
Seymour":srpjhk9n said:
Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd.

Stupid ass Lions.....why?

Tate's a UFA next year, apparently the Lions don't think he's worth another big contract. 3rd seems like a good deal for the Eagles, especially if they're going to offer him an extension and keep him around.

They don't really have a dependable #1, both Jeffrey and Agholor are inconsistent, Tate's a great fit for the Eagle's RPO scheme with Wentz.
But wait! Tate is not a #1 WR. "Everybody" knows that. :sarcasm_off:

Just remembering all the Tate hate from back when. :laugh:

Tate did a lot for us, then left for greener pastures. Good luck to him, but I wouldn't necessarily want him back here. I kind of like our WR corps as it is right now. Good mix of youth and experience, even with Marshall gone. Good guys who can catch and block.

I must have missed all the Tate hate.........maybe some "he's a knucklehead" rumblings when he was breaking into Top Pots to get his beloved maple bars.

Which btw, is still one of my favorite Pete lines of all time. When the press asked him about the incident he said "have you had a Top Pot maple bar?"

Bottom line, I'll take 52 Golden Tates, he's a baller, and he's clutch.

rcaido

Reaction score
No one bash Tate the player just Tate the playa.

Would have been nice pick up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He acts like a complete jack wagon every time he scores or makes a big play. But oh well, hell of a player regardless.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1pqgqc09 said:
He acts like a complete jack wagon every time he scores or makes a big play. But oh well, hell of a player regardless.

Lynch grabbed his ding dong, Doug pooped a football at the SB and screamed at Chris Carter into the camera, Bennett got fined for too many groin pumps after a sack, Sherman taunted everyone he could point his finger at..............I'll take Golden dancing with cheerleaders and waving at DB's as he's scoring on their ass 24/7.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":19e1dpaq said:
SoulfishHawk":19e1dpaq said:

Lynch grabbed his ding dong, Doug pooped a football at the SB and screamed at Chris Carter into the camera, Bennett got fined for too many groin pumps after a sack, Sherman taunted everyone he could point his finger at..............I'll take Golden dancing with cheerleaders and waving at DB's as he's scoring on their ass 24/7.

No you won't because Pete axed him for messing with Wilson's wife.

That is the real bottom line why nobody here made him an offer.

:snack:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. Or you just play ball and not act like you cured a disease every time you score. Guess it just gets old after a while. To each his own.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3rvikkzx said:
Sgt. Largent":3rvikkzx said:
SoulfishHawk":3rvikkzx said:

That is definitely the conspiracy theory................the sad part is it wasn't even Russell's hot wife.

Maybe if that happened it played into Golden leaving, but I honestly think Pete and John decided it was between Doug and Golden, and Doug was cheaper...........and we couldn't match the Lions offer (or didn't want to).

The good news is it worked out for everyone. Doug's been great, Golden's had a nice career in Detroit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, worked out just fine. He thrived in Detroit. Way too much dwelling on former players these days.
That being said, he makes any team better on the field there's no doubt about that. Maybe the best YAC player in the league. Philly just got a lot better.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1r5i62ul said:
Seymour":1r5i62ul said:
Sgt. Largent":1r5i62ul said:
SoulfishHawk":1r5i62ul said:

That is definitely the conspiracy theory................the sad part is it wasn't even Russell's hot wife.

Maybe if that happened it played into Golden leaving, but I honestly think Pete and John decided it was between Doug and Golden, and Doug was cheaper
...........and we couldn't match the Lions offer (or didn't want to).

The good news is it worked out for everyone. Doug's been great, Golden's had a nice career in Detroit.

Disagree. If money was the issue it would have been paying Harvin $11M per year (6 year $67M) on why he had to go. More reasons Harvin was such a worthless turd here after giving up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th round picks for him. :pukeface:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":5nipibdg said:
rcaido":5nipibdg said:
Sgt. Largent":5nipibdg said:
Trrrroy":5nipibdg said:
Yeah, they have some stinkers in there (Percy Harvin) but they've also got Duane Brown, Chris Clemons, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Coleman, and Clinton Mcdonald via trade. Trades come with risk, you can't win every time.

All your examples are old, except for Brown.......and yeah we extended him and it seems to be working out, but two picks was a lot to pay for Brown, and we got worked over by the Texans who NEVER had any intention of keeping Lane, they always wanted the 2nd.

So no, I'm not down with making a big trade taking on salary with a short term vet with where we're at right now.

How is this old? Brown & Coleman was just last year. Harvin was 6years ago. Only other bad trade was for Richardson that i can think of....FO does way more good then bad on trades.

Graham was still ok trade.

Here are some trades by the FO since 2010;

Traded 2016 5th Rounder for Kelcie McCray - I'm going to be ignorant here and wouldn't mind being corrected but I don't think McCray did much for Seattle except for maybe work on Special Teams? Despite being a 5th Round pick seems too much if he was just ST.

Out of the listed Trades 5 could be considered great trades for great value. 6 could be considered bad trades overall and 7 could be considered uneventful/you get what you pay for. If you want to be technical, if they get more good than bad out of trade then honestly it's kinda split. Really what this shows us broadly is the Law of Averages. Got some good, bad and middle of the road.

No McCray played well for us, the rest seems pretty spot on.

rcaido

Reaction score
So can we add it all up for Mr. Dan.

He had
5 - good/great
6 - bad

He forgot Beastmode +1 (6)
He forgot Clint Mcdonald +1 (7)
Whitehurst traded netted Golden Tate too so +1 (8) good/great / - 1 bad(5)
Graham -1 (4) yellow
McCray -1 (3) yellow

So final score 8 good/great vs 3 bad Im also not too sure about Percy trade. We won a Superbowl & also ended up getting Lockett when trading him...So make that 8 vs 2

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
rcaido":1o9jw1vl said:
So can we add it all up for Mr. Dan.

He had
5 - good/great
6 - bad

He forgot Beastmode +1 (6)
He forgot Clint Mcdonald +1 (7)
Whitehurst traded netted Golden Tate too so +1 (8) good/great / - 1 bad(5)
Graham -1 (4) yellow
McCray -1 (3) yellow

So final score 8 good/great vs 3 bad Im also not too sure about Percy trade. We won a Superbowl & also ended up getting Lockett when trading him...So make that 8 vs 2

You're cherry picking rcaido, oh and "cherry picking" is referring to the term: "Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position."

I know how much you enjoy not understanding a definition.

I've added Lynch, you know I did as I added his name in a later post. I admitted to being ignorant about McCray and appreciate being corrected and Clinton McDonald was an honest mistake.

But its neither here nor there. You're cherry picking (see description above) some of my findings to fit your argument to mask your blind homerism.

Why did you completely negate (ignore) the average findings? Oh, that's right, you wanted to look at only "good" and "bad". Middle of the road to meh trades and picks doesn't help you out. That's dishonest. Also I hear the same thing all the time, including from you, when people say "The Harvin/Graham trade was great at the time!" Perhaps at the time but were grading and looking at the outcome and results now because we can, because now we can assess the data. This comes from the same damn argument when players like Lynch came to Seattle or when Russell was drafted. At the time those were seen as either boneheaded or stretched but now, since we have data and years of evidence, those are now considered good moves in the long term.

My first big post I posted picks for players. Later I posted the list of players drafted using picks we traded for. It's all there. I pointed out the good, the bad, and the average trade pick ups and draft pick ups to come to the conclusion that Carroll's ability to evaluate and succeed on a pick or a trade falls into an acceptable margin due to law of averages. That's not a bad thing, it means he's not screwing up and there are worse talent evaluators on other teams than him.

In the end I know this won't really matter because you've already decided your outcome that Pete Carroll is infallible.