NFL warns Lynch of 15-yard penalty for crotch grabbing

Hawkfish

Reaction score
furi0usbee":3lyuab22 said:
Largent80":3lyuab22 said:
What's. Next, illegal farting

Why not live up to the standard Steve Largent set for himself and his team. I can understand if your aren't so fluent that you don't (can't) want to speak to reporters, but to degrade yourself and your team? I'd respect this guy more if he matched each fine with a donation to 'Make A Wish Foundation', at least something good would come out of stupidity.

Why not live up to the standard of the Patriot's head coach? Oh wait....

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Someone needs to tweet Marshawn, and let him know that if he scores a touchdown, that every single 12 watching on the planet will grab their nuts on his behalf!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3te8h4vt said:
Hasselbeck":3te8h4vt said:
"The NFL wants Lynch to know that officials will be on the lookout and ready to assess a 15-yard penalty if Lynch does it again. NFL V.P. of Officiating Dean Blandino told ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio that the Seahawks have been warned that if Lynch makes an obscene gesture at any time during Super Bowl XLIX, the Seahawks will be penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Blandino told Paolantonio that if Lynch grabs his crotch after scoring a touchdown, “that means they will kick off from the 20 yard line."

Good to see the NFL has its priorities straight

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2338 ... -national2
O K so are we to assume that Dean Blandildo might have something in his penalties bag for the Patriots "Deflate Gate", or is this just more of the same ONE WAY shit from headquarters.

So if I were Marshawn Lynch, I'd wait until after the time runs out, win or lose, I'd make it a point to do a Michael Jackson dance move, featuring the crotch grab.
I think Deano needs to concentrate on "not getting himself caught on legacy teams party busses" than his vendetta against Lynch. Deano is an asssclown!

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":3gw3dbaq said:
Someone needs to tweet Marshawn, and let him know that if he scores a touchdown, that every single 12 watching on the planet will grab their nuts on his behalf!!!!

Do any of you remember the movie Watchmen a few years ago? And how all the fanboys on the internet complaint about the movie being filled with Dr. Manhattan's big blue penis?

2009watchmen3

And I'm thinking that I watched taht flick three times in the theater, and there was always so much stuff going on onscreen that my eyes did not automatically gravitate to Dr. Manhattan's crotch, but dang, the world must be full of thousands of mewling little pervos who pretty much watched the superhero's pelvic region the whole time, hoping for a glimpse of his junk, and then squealing like little biotches on the internet every time they saw it. I own that DVD, and I still couldn't tell you when you can see the big blue penis because whenever I watch it, I just don't look there. I look at other things.

Same goes with Beast. I'm actually a little surprised this is an issue? I guess I'm just not one of those pervs who's staring at his junk after he scores a touchdown, so I honestly had no idea the man did the crotch grab. It's not something I pay attention to. There is so much going on in a football game that if you've got your eyes laser-locked on Beaast's purple-helmeted warrior, then dang, NFL front office, there has to be something really wrong with you! Bunch of twisted pervs!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yea, the jokes are unending. Too bad Johnny Carson isn't alive.

This was inevitable. Does anyone here think that the league was going to let Beast win? They don't like it and if they fine him and he keeps doing it, they are going to increase the fines/suspensions/penalties until he stops. They hold the trump card.

coach78

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2ehgosy0 said:
Largent80":2ehgosy0 said:
What's. Next, illegal farting

Why not live up to the standard Steve Largent set for himself and his team. I can understand if your aren't so fluent that you don't (can't) want to speak to reporters, but to degrade yourself and your team? I'd respect this guy more if he matched each fine with a donation to 'Make A Wish Foundation', at least something good would come out of stupidity.

All of the fine money is supposed to go to NFL charities. http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp ... story.html

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":1v6d3ula said:

This was inevitable. Does anyone here think that the league was going to let Beast win? They don't like it and if they fine him and he keeps doing it, they are going to increase the fines/suspensions/penalties until he stops. They hold the trump card.

I so want Beast to win the MVP now.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3i0zf272 said:
RiverDog":3i0zf272 said:

No way the media voters let Lynch win Super Bowl MVP, they are too rustled by him. He could have 150+ yards and 3 TDs and he wouldn't get it.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
What would happen if every time the media asked Marshawn a question, he just responded by saying "I'm all about the action" and then grabbed his crotch?

hawk45

Reaction score
A common response seems to be how dare the NFL enforce such a rule when they have been knuckleheads about other rules? That doesn't actually address the infraction and it's not actually an argument against the rule being wrongheaded or the punishment being unfair. It's a juxtaposition that is meant to incite outrage against this capricious and arbitrary enforcing body. The NFL can of course be capricious, arbitrary, or plain incompetent but this juxtaposition is just a distraction tactic. A deflection.

The legal system is rife with examples of boneheaded rules on the books and judgments that vary. Nobody walks into court and uses that as a defense or pretends it is relevant though, unless they want a gavel up their bum and a pissed off judge giving them the maximum.

Our love for Lynch far outweighs any negative these behaviors generate, and that is right and good with how hard he plays and how good is with everything else. But he's not taking some heroic stand here. I would argue if the league did not punish Marshawn or threaten to punish him for such an easily-detectable infraction, they would be guilty of further inconsistency. Not to mention you cease to function effectively as a governing body if you don't enforce the easy ones.

Having said all that, I am a fan, and if Lynch scores a back-breaking TD in a situation where a 15 yarder won't kill us, I'll have a hard time generating much ire. If he does something that ices the game, he can run around naked on the field and dry-hump the sideline reporters for all I care.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RunTheBall":uodcof5p said:
NJSeaHawk":uodcof5p said:
RiverDog":uodcof5p said:

No way the media voters let Lynch win Super Bowl MVP, they are too rustled by him. He could have 150+ yards and 3 TDs and he wouldn't get it.

Now that would be funny. Think about the dilemma if Lynch was the obvious choice for MVP and no other candidate was even close.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Beat the Patriots by 30 points. Let Lynch score the last TD and watch him look the referee directly in the eyes and do his crotchgrab.

It's something out of a fairytale.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Perhaps he should just have a teammate expose one of his tits. With some black tape over the nipple, of course.