NFL warns Lynch of 15-yard penalty for crotch grabbing

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":61vi50xt said:
Beat the Patriots by 30 points. Let Lynch score the last TD and watch him look the referee directly in the eyes and do his crotchgrab.

It's something out of a fairytale.

If he's going to do it he should go big and rub a nipple at the same time.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Moss didnt get a penalty when he fake mooned the GB crowd in the playoffs a while back..how is this any worse

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":1vdzow63 said:
Someone needs to tweet Marshawn, and let him know that if he scores a touchdown, that every single 12 watching on the planet will grab their nuts on his behalf!!!!
Well if every single 12 is gonna grab their nuts, then we need to get some new females.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If I am the Patriots, I try to smack Lynch in the nuts all game long. Just to make him grab them.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I hope when he scores his final TD making the score 42-13 in our favor, with 20 seconds left, he does it with both hands.

I'm not a really in favor of it but Holy crap, the NFL makes me SMH.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Wonder how much he'd get fined if he put something like this on the back of his jersey. Think it would be pretty fitting, and pretty epic. Just change "He" to "Rog" or "The Man".

He Hate Me Las Vegas Outlaws 2001 XFL zpseb7b4161

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawk45":t5l0uc0i said:
A common response seems to be how dare the NFL enforce such a rule when they have been knuckleheads about other rules? That doesn't actually address the infraction and it's not actually an argument against the rule being wrongheaded or the punishment being unfair. It's a juxtaposition that is meant to incite outrage against this capricious and arbitrary enforcing body. The NFL can of course be capricious, arbitrary, or plain incompetent but this juxtaposition is just a distraction tactic. A deflection.

The legal system is rife with examples of boneheaded rules on the books and judgments that vary. Nobody walks into court and uses that as a defense or pretends it is relevant though, unless they want a gavel up their bum and a pissed off judge giving them the maximum.

Our love for Lynch far outweighs any negative these behaviors generate, and that is right and good with how hard he plays and how good is with everything else. But he's not taking some heroic stand here. I would argue if the league did not punish Marshawn or threaten to punish him for such an easily-detectable infraction, they would be guilty of further inconsistency. Not to mention you cease to function effectively as a governing body if you don't enforce the easy ones.

Having said all that, I am a fan, and if Lynch scores a back-breaking TD in a situation where a 15 yarder won't kill us, I'll have a hard time generating much ire. If he does something that ices the game, he can run around naked on the field and dry-hump the sideline reporters for all I care.

The NFL is essentially in a power struggle with Lynch, and they are looking ridiculous trying to prove how much power they have.

Its like me as a dad. When I take my kids toy away, and he says "so what" I immediately get mad and take something away even bigger just to prove I'm boss.

This is no different.

Petty. Immature. Stupid.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1swga90c said:
hawk45":1swga90c said:
A common response seems to be how dare the NFL enforce such a rule when they have been knuckleheads about other rules? That doesn't actually address the infraction and it's not actually an argument against the rule being wrongheaded or the punishment being unfair. It's a juxtaposition that is meant to incite outrage against this capricious and arbitrary enforcing body. The NFL can of course be capricious, arbitrary, or plain incompetent but this juxtaposition is just a distraction tactic. A deflection.

The legal system is rife with examples of boneheaded rules on the books and judgments that vary. Nobody walks into court and uses that as a defense or pretends it is relevant though, unless they want a gavel up their bum and a pissed off judge giving them the maximum.

Our love for Lynch far outweighs any negative these behaviors generate, and that is right and good with how hard he plays and how good is with everything else. But he's not taking some heroic stand here. I would argue if the league did not punish Marshawn or threaten to punish him for such an easily-detectable infraction, they would be guilty of further inconsistency. Not to mention you cease to function effectively as a governing body if you don't enforce the easy ones.

Having said all that, I am a fan, and if Lynch scores a back-breaking TD in a situation where a 15 yarder won't kill us, I'll have a hard time generating much ire. If he does something that ices the game, he can run around naked on the field and dry-hump the sideline reporters for all I care.

The NFL is essentially in a power struggle with Lynch, and they are looking ridiculous trying to prove how much power they have.

Its like me as a dad. When I take my kids toy away, and he says "so what" I immediately get mad and take something away even bigger just to prove I'm boss.

This is no different.

Petty. Immature. Stupid.

Perfectly-put.

Largent80

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2tj3yzk7 said:
Largent80":2tj3yzk7 said:
What's. Next, illegal farting

Why not live up to the standard Steve Largent set for himself and his team. I can understand if your aren't so fluent that you don't (can't) want to speak to reporters, but to degrade yourself and your team? I'd respect this guy more if he matched each fine with a donation to 'Make A Wish Foundation', at least something good would come out of stupidity.

Tool alert.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Largent80":lo15oqrv said:
furi0usbee":lo15oqrv said:
Largent80":lo15oqrv said:

Why not live up to the standard Steve Largent set for himself and his team. I can understand if your aren't so fluent that you don't (can't) want to speak to reporters, but to degrade yourself and your team? I'd respect this guy more if he matched each fine with a donation to 'Make A Wish Foundation', at least something good would come out of stupidity.

Tool alert.

Yeah, frisbee went full Home Depot smh

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
The NFL needs to fine Michael Bennett 50K for riding his bike without a helmet. It is very dangerous and sets a horrible example for children.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Does any crotch grab include grabs on the sidelines and not out of bounds? Does that mean a 800+ yard penalty each time if everyone does a crotch grab at the same time?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Tried to add a humorous spin to this whole juvenile situation by both the NFL and Lynch but it go lost and lock apparently

So here is my funny reply-

I just got back from the future, in the Delorean, y'know? anyway... no I can't tell you the score because of the whole space time continuum thing.. but I digress, Russell gets in trouble in the 3rd quarter facing 3rd and 11 when he throws a "clutch pass" to Marshawn, well he scores but they call it back on a 15yd penalty for CLUTCH GRABBING, well, quite a lot of discussion is made by the refs as to why the LJ threw the flag, turns out he misunderstood the league THREAT, and the term was actually CROTCH not CLUTCH grab. Yes, well play resumed.

The moral of this story is a complete waist of time, it must have taken you at least a half a minute to ready that crap, now almost a complete minute by now reading this.

THE NFL NEEDS TO GET A LIFE MATES!!

lesson complete.

nolachawks

Reaction score
Just don't do it, he has the ability to score a touchdown and not grab his crotch. This is the Super Bowl. It's a pretty big game :sarcasm_on: and as we just witnessed the game is not over til its over. All the penalties that the Seahawks get drive me crazy, especially the ones that are easily avoidable and this one would fall into that category.

DickSherman25

Reaction score
furi0usbee":3obz5f1n said:
Largent80":3obz5f1n said:

I guess I should not be surprised by how many on here support what lynch is doing, that is what hometown fans usually do. But, I am pretty sure that if a 49'ers player did this they would crucify him. As for lynch, you can take the boy out of Oakland, etc. etc. etc..

ManBunts

Reaction score
DickSherman25":10jxg6bx said:
furi0usbee":10jxg6bx said:
Largent80":10jxg6bx said:

I guess I should not be surprised by how many on here support what lynch is doing, that is what hometown fans usually do. But, I am pretty sure that if a 49'ers player did this they would crucify him. As for lynch, you can take the boy out of Oakland, etc. etc. etc..

First: you're wrong. We care about 49ers players who beat their wives and shoot firearms at parties, and then their team still keeping them on despite explicitly saying that behavior won't be tolerated.

Second: you're missing the point. It's not about the gesture. It's about the complete lack of continuity and rationale to the NFL's punishments. He grabs his crotch, okay, we get it, private parts and gestures to them are off limits. So, where's that line? Aaron Rodgers double check move means he places his hands down there and "wraps a belt on", while thrusting with his crotch. Bennett does his dance which is basically gyrating his hips and thrust out with his crotch. A LOT of guys do something like that. So why is Lynch getting crucified when he's hardly the first to highlight his nether regions in a celebration?

Third: Really? Oakland comment? You realize that the implied stereotypes about the "Oakland Thug" in what you said are about as racist as you can be without outright saying it right? Yeah, you can take the boy out of Oakland, but he goes back...and uses his money to fund sports camps for inner city youth to help them find a way out. To mentor and try and give them better than he had. So right now, RIGHT NOW, you need to shut up and go away. I swear this comment has me more pissed off than any I've ever seen on this forum. I don't care if you're a Seahawk fan, 49er fan, or even a poor Browns fan, this comment has no place on this forum, or anywhere.