Nick Bosa holding out and more than likely wants to be traded

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, he's one of the best players in football, he deserves to be paid like it. Kind of a nothing burger imo. There is ZERO chance he gets traded, let alone doesn't get a big contract, imo.
Then again, where do you get "likely wants to be traded" from??? No way in hell he wants to be traded. I hate the Niners, but they are a legit SB contender, period.

Marvin49

Reaction score
LOL

It really is funny to see the press conference and then come over here to see how the OP completely makes sh*t up.

So here are some FACTS:

1. He has never said anything remotely like he wants to be traded.
2. He's still likely to report to the team, he just won't practice.
3. The 49ers historically get deals done just before camp (Kittle, Warner, etc). What's different here is that he's under 5th year option so there is no fines for not being on the field.

Bottom line is that its gonna get done. I'm sure its the wet dream of this site that he demands a trade, but not gonna happen.

Oh...also in that presser is that Purdy is full go with no restrictions.

Moving on...

Mix

Reaction score
No way you let a talent like Bosa get away. I bet he gets a 6 year deal close to the money per year Aaron Donald got, and both sides walk away happy.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Exactly. They’re going to break the bank on this guy who’s had injury in the past. A high end contract will literally ensure that they won’t have but a couple of nickels to rub together come free agency

Last edited:

Mix

Reaction score
Exactly. They’re going to break the bank on this guy who’s had injury in the past. A high end contract will literally ensure that they won’t have but a couple of nickels to rub together come free agency
Since his injury he has played in 16 and 17 games in the two seasons after. He played in 16 the season before he tore his ACL.

It not only appears he has fully recovered, but I hardly put weight on 1 injury that sidelined him over his career. He is an elite talent, any team would take him even with his "injury history".

bileever

Reaction score
I just posted this in the Brock Purdy thread, and it probably should have gone here:

Lucky for the 49ers that they have a QB not just on a rookie deal, but the cheapest possible rookie contract because Brock Purdy was a 7th-round pick. (Purdy is making $880,000 this year, compared to Trey Lance's $8 million cap hit.)

They'll need that because the Bosa contract is going to be north of $30 million per year. After Bosa signs his deal, the 49ers will no longer be able to have nice things. In 2024, the 49ers will have a $100 million cap hit for 4 players: CMC, Bosa, Deebo and Fred Warner. Lynch better buy himself a new calculator.

I read that Nick Bosa is expected to miss training camp until his contract is hammered out:

GettyImages 1449155227 scaled

How Nick Bosa's contract holdup fits with the 49ers' crowded cap situation

The 49ers don't expect Bosa to practice until he signs a new contract, a tricky and expensive proposition for the team.
Transparent background dark favicon 32x32 theathletic.com

Not a great way to start your season, eh? @Weadoption, @Marvin49, @94Smith?