Nick Bosa holding out and more than likely wants to be traded

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Nah, they'll be like the Rams and magically be able to afford to spend whatever they want.

You've repeatedly made this accusation about the Rams getting more cap space than any other team, but you've never backed it up even with data that suggest it might be the case, much less proving it.

The cap numbers are all public. If you can find a single example of the Rams exceeding the cap or somehow getting more cap space than other teams, or even a single example that suggests that might be the case without completely proving it, cite it now. Otherwise, you recognize that the Rams are subject to the same cap as the rest of the league and are knowingly making false accusations. I dislike the Rams and especially many of their relatively few fans, but repeatedly accusing the team of cheating without ever providing a shred of evidence is pretty low.

No spoilers, but I know which of the two it is. Hint: if the Rams do get more cap space than the other 31 teams, all the other team owners are aware of it and letting it happen.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whatever man. Funny how bent out of shape you get when it comes to the Rams. I'm a Hawks fan. F them. I think they're shady, don't like it, oh well.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Whatever man. Funny how bent out of shape you get when it comes to the Rams. I'm a Hawks fan. F them. I think they're shady, don't like it, oh well.

It'd bother me just as much if you were knowingly making false accusations about any team. Why do that? What do you gain by making up a lie about a team you don't like and repeating it many times?

I dislike the Rams, but I don't believe that gives me license to just make up ridiculous accusations that not only can't be proven, but don't stand up to basic logic (why are all the other 31 teams' owners letting the Rams get away with that?) and can even be easily disproved (publicly available cap numbers for all player contracts in the NFL).

Adding the implied false accusation that I'm a Rams fan because I stand up to the lies you knowingly tell about the Rams here is also reprehensible. I'm not standing up for the Rams. I'm standing up for honest discourse, something on which you repeatedly take steaming dumps.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I didn't say you were a Rams fan. Don't know what to tell you, I think they're shady. I'm done talking about this crap. Go Hawks

Marvin49

Reaction score
No the Hawks vs themselves because the only team that can whoop our ass is simply us if we make stupid mistakes and turn the ball over. We have the best roster in the division and it isn’t even close

Delusion is strong with this one.

Every year is different. All fans are optimistic. Good for you...but comments like these just make me not take you seriously. No worries tho. You do you.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I just posted this in the Brock Purdy thread, and it probably should have gone here:

Lucky for the 49ers that they have a QB not just on a rookie deal, but the cheapest possible rookie contract because Brock Purdy was a 7th-round pick. (Purdy is making $880,000 this year, compared to Trey Lance's $8 million cap hit.)

They'll need that because the Bosa contract is going to be north of $30 million per year. After Bosa signs his deal, the 49ers will no longer be able to have nice things. In 2024, the 49ers will have a $100 million cap hit for 4 players: CMC, Bosa, Deebo and Fred Warner. Lynch better buy himself a new calculator.

I read that Nick Bosa is expected to miss training camp until his contract is hammered out:

View attachment 59926

How Nick Bosa's contract holdup fits with the 49ers' crowded cap situation

The 49ers don't expect Bosa to practice until he signs a new contract, a tricky and expensive proposition for the team.
View attachment 59927 theathletic.com

Not a great way to start your season, eh? @Weadoption, @Marvin49, @94Smith?

I'm not concerned about it at all.

He'll get paid. Dude is already in ludicrous shape. Sometimes it just takes time to get the deal done. He's not going anywhere.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Delusion is strong with this one.

Every year is different. All fans are optimistic. Good for you...but comments like these just make me not take you seriously. No worries tho. You do you.
Wtf?? Must’ve slept through the past 2 drafts guy

bileever

Reaction score

He'll get paid. Dude is already in ludicrous shape. Sometimes it just takes time to get the deal done. He's not going anywhere.
You ever worry about the fact that John Bosa, Nick's dad, himself a first-round draft pick, was out of the league by age 25? I mean, good genes, but maybe longevity isn't one of the traits?

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Lynch is simultaneously a failure as a GM and has drafted enough talent to command the highest salaries in the league.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wtf?? Must’ve slept through the past 2 drafts guy

We've had this conversation but you have still not responded to it. I didn't sleep through anything. Draft means nothing till they produce on the field. Additionally, it doesn't matter when a guy is drafted it matters what they do AFTER they are drafted.

You are also only paying attention to your own teams roster.

I'm not even arguing that you are wrong as I honestly don't know...but winning the offseasons means nothing till they do it on the field. 49ers have been in NFCCG 3 out of last 4 seasons and SWEPT the Seahawks in 3 games last year. To say RIGHT NOW that they hands down have the best roster is a bit hyperbolic considering the 49ers have among the leagues best in damn near every position group outside QB (RB: CMC, WR: Deebo, Aiyuk, TE: Kittle, OL: Trent, DL: Bosa/Hargrave, LB Warner/Greenlaw, DB: Hufanga).

...and I'm not even getting to the the young guys I can't wait to see play (DE Drake Jackson, S Ji'Ayir Brown, OGs Banks and Burford, WR Dannie Gray) or the sold vets already on the team (DT Armstead, S Gipson, CB Ward).

This year should be fun and we dunno what will happen...but bro. Relax.

Weadoption

Reaction score
if the Niners dline returns to their 2019 form with the addition of Hargrave, that’s game set match thank you for playing.
they will pitch shutouts.

Marvin49

Reaction score
if the Niners dline returns to their 2019 form with the addition of Hargrave, that’s game set match thank you for playing.

Also notable:

I was at Training camp today and 2 guys on the D-Line jumped out to me:

1) Drake Jackson. In fairness I went in wanting to see how he looks. He looks much bigger and uber athletic. If he puts it together...watch out. He is a very young player tho so who knows.

2) Javon Kinlaw: Never thought I'd be saying this. Dude is just a massive human being. He hasn't been able to stay healthy and maybe he never will....but he is one scary lookin dude. He's like over 300 lbs and has no fat. LOL.

Kyle talked about both after practice and said both have looked great all offseason. They have to go and do it on the field, but sure jumped off the field seeing them at practice.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’m sure the Kerry Hyder addition has set your mind at ease

GemCity

Reaction score

Exactly. It’s definitely thread worthy but, he’s not going anywhere.