Niners vs Cowboys

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":feecqm9v said:
Hey Marvin,

Do you give them a lot of credit for the two yard drive?

I give them SOME credit for scoring in one play, but I give them most of the credit for driving 80 yards in 3 plays and 64 yards just before the half...both for TDs.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":2jsv0ggg said:
bigtrain21":2jsv0ggg said:
Hey Marvin,

I give them SOME credit for scoring in one play, but I give them most of the credit for driving 80 yards in 3 plays and 64 yards just before the half...both for TDs.

Okay so they scored on 2 of 8 drives then.

Make that 2 of 7 because I am not going to dock them for the kneel downs at the end of the game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
bigtrain21":at3qus4h said:
Marvin49":at3qus4h said:
bigtrain21":at3qus4h said:
Hey Marvin,

Make that 2 of 7 because I am not going to dock them for the kneel downs at the end of the game.

That's what I came away with but trying to convince Marvin that it shouldn't be a source of pride is a futile effort.

Roland could probably beat up a 12 year old girl but bragging about those 2 hay makers that he landed when she stood on a chair and raised her chin for him wouldn't make me want to put money on him in a prize fight.

SF49r

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1248ute8 said:
Marvin49":1248ute8 said:
bigtrain21":1248ute8 said:
Hey Marvin,

Most of the drives were just runs up the middle just to burn out the clock and they had a couple of drives stalled due to questionable penalties. They even had a missed field goal in the 2nd half.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1hn7fm70 said:
Marvin49":1hn7fm70 said:
bigtrain21":1hn7fm70 said:
Hey Marvin,

oi.

They scored on 3 of 4 drives in the first half and were driving on the 4th.

They then pretty much were coasting. Also got derailed by missed field goal, some of the most bogus calls I've ever seen (OPI on Lloyd negating 40 yard play to Vernon was the worst).....and on another drive ran the ball on every single down to kill the clock.

Come on man. Stop trying to convince me that I have something to worry about LOL. I've watched the game about 10 times now. I know what I saw and I know why the scored and didn't score on every drive.

Just stop. You are free to think I should be concerned. Sorry. I'm simply not.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SF49r":3ptucfao said:
bigtrain21":3ptucfao said:
Marvin49":3ptucfao said:
bigtrain21":3ptucfao said:
Hey Marvin,

Most of the drives were just runs up the middle just to burn out the clock and they had a couple of drives stalled due to questionable penalties. They even had a missed field goal in the 2nd half.

You might want to look again. SF opened the 2nd half with 2 drives in which they passed more than ran. 3rd drive was all runs. Final drive was like 2 runs and then kneel downs.

Up until the 3rd drive of the second half, they passed more than ran.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":bvyfv6pw said:
SF49r":bvyfv6pw said:
bigtrain21":bvyfv6pw said:
Marvin49":bvyfv6pw said:

You might want to look again. SF opened the 2nd half with 2 drives in which they passed more than ran. 3rd drive was all runs. Final drive was like 2 runs and then kneel downs.

That's true....but they were still coasting mostly.

1st drive ended because Vernon dropped a pass right in his hands. Second if I remember right was that weird INT/not INT play.

Bottom line though...I'm not at all concerned. Not even a little bit...especially when they get Davis and Boone back.

I can't say the same on defense.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":e6qhyo0s said:
oi.

They scored on 3 of 4 drives in the first half and were driving on the 4th.

One of the drives was 2 yards though. They don't get any credit for that drive.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":14tfm5o0 said:
Laloosh":14tfm5o0 said:

That's true....but they were still coasting mostly.

1st drive ended because Vernon dropped a pass right in his hands. Second if I remember right was that weird INT/not INT play.

Bottom line though...I'm not at all concerned. Not even a little bit...especially when they get Davis and Boone back.

I can't say the same on defense.

Why were they coasting to start the 2nd half on offense? I can see the defense playing everything deep and letting them run the clock down on themselves but for the offense to coast? I don't buy that for a second. Who does that?

36e850455993576016a99db2e8855e19

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":39k431mf said:
Just stop. You are free to think I should be concerned. Sorry. I'm simply not.

I said nothing about you needing to be concerned. It's just one game anyway. I am saying they scored on 2 of 7 drives basically when you throw out the kneel down and the 2 yard drive. I didn't realize you would have all sorts of excuses for the 2nd half.

My honest opinion is the game is a throwaway. It's hard to feel good about the game. You definitely shouldn't feel bad about the game, but Dallas is so bad that it's hard to really get any sort of feel for anything.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":2m1c1sxb said:
Roland could probably beat up a 12 year old girl but bragging about those 2 hay makers that he landed when she stood on a chair and raised her chin for him wouldn't make me want to put money on him in a prize fight.
Shit; that was caught on film?!

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":192dxbvd said:
Laloosh":192dxbvd said:

Of course the guy that I was making fun of would be the only person to appreciate what I did there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":1wj1zv7h said:
Of course the guy that I was making fun of would be the only person to appreciate what I did there.

At least somebody noticed; outside the norm for your humor attempts. :lol:

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Laloosh":w6zvelob said:
RolandDeschain":w6zvelob said:
Laloosh":w6zvelob said:

Actually I laughed extremely hard at that when I read it but that doesn't do you much good unless you get the feedback. :grin:

NINEster

Reaction score
LOL at the overall rationale of Hawk fans here.......you are either trolling the s*** out of Marvin or just cherry picking things that have no real relevance.

Had the game ended at half time you'd have no argument. And given what the score was going into halftime, you cannot extrapolate anything negative from it.

Your coach is the one who needs to win games by the biggest margin possible, not ours.

When a game is lost for blowing a 25 point lead, please come back and set us straight.

I enjoyed watching those first two offensive drives........reminded me of Steve Young in his prime. Certainly did not remind me of Russell Wilson.

Melencause

Reaction score
Marvin49":3cwckydx said:
RolandDeschain":3cwckydx said:
SF49r":3cwckydx said:
How about there 80 yard scoring drive and there 64 yard scoring drive? Was that all the defense too?
Nope, but seriously, that would be a nice little claim against OUR defense, not Dallas's.

We'll see what happens with the 49ers offense in coming weeks.

Yes we will.

Niners did what they were supposed to do. They soundly beat an inferior opponent.

Why does the goalpost keep moving tho. Its always "They were unimpressive" or "I'd be concerned" and then when we say they scored on all but one possession in the first half its always "that's nice but Dallas sucks".

Really? Well of course they do. That wasn't the point you were making. You were saying we should be concerned. Why should we be if they did what that were supposed to do to a team that sucks?

You need to learn what moving the goal posts means.

Melencause

Reaction score
SF49r":1jyj82a5 said:
bigtrain21":1jyj82a5 said:
Marvin49":1jyj82a5 said:
bigtrain21":1jyj82a5 said:
Hey Marvin,

Look a barrel of excuses.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NINEster":osqiix16 said:
Your coach is the one who needs to win games by the biggest margin possible, not ours.

When a game is lost for blowing a 25 point lead, please come back and set us straight.

I enjoyed watching those first two offensive drives........reminded me of Steve Young in his prime. Certainly did not remind me of Russell Wilson.
LOL, how pathetically clueless are you? Carroll puts in backups when we have a game well in hand earlier and more often than any other coach in the league, and he even told Sherman "that's not who we are" when Sherman wanted to run the score up on you clowns in our house in late 2012.

Meanwhile, go Google the history of "what's your deal" with Harbaugh.

Seriously, if this was the shack, you'd know what I really have to say to your ignorant-as-hell post.

NINEster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":6tgxjfr6 said:
NINEster":6tgxjfr6 said:

LOL, how pathetically clueless are you? Carroll puts in backups when we have a game well in hand earlier and more often than any other coach in the league, and he even told Sherman "that's not who we are" when Sherman wanted to run the score up on you clowns in our house in late 2012.

Meanwhile, go Google the history of "what's your deal" with Harbaugh.

Seriously, if this was the shack, you'd know what I really have to say to your ignorant-as-hell post.

This whole forum should be the shack.

Well Roland this is perhaps a knee jerk reaction to the nitpicking of a team's offense for the entirety of a game just to be a troll, which some people here ARE.

You might be right more often than not on running up the score, but there is 58-0 seared into the memory so it's not completely out of left field either. And according to something I read on here, the Cardinals in that loss looked like they were putting up more of a fight and "heart" than SF in 42-13. I would imagine a division foe could put up a few points against 2nd stringers, no?

'What's your deal?' is a personal thing, but Harbaugh constantly leaves a lot of games too close for comfort.

Regardless, leave out the Carroll comments and address everything else. I edited my post above to reflect what should have been said.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
The Cardinals game was 45-0 just 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter. We certainly did not run up the score in that game.