No BS..Who Among Us...

Who thought the Seahawks were playoff bound this season?

• I did! I totally called it.

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • I thought we might make it but was understandably skeptical.

Votes: 50 28.4%
  • I had my doubts.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • Playoffs?? Playoffs?!?

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Totally had them going 6 games at best.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • Other...(Read my comments)

Votes: 9 5.1%

• Total voters

Fade

Reaction score
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147390
What I wrote in the NFC Rivals thread AUG 16th:

SEAHAWKS (10-6)

The new OC & O-Line Coach have completely revamped Seattle's stale attack. Division opponents are going to have a harder time preparing for the Seahawks Offense than in season's past.

Pete is pretty good at building defenses, so when that happens again they will be Super Bowl contenders again. For now they must settle for being playoff contenders.

=========== =================

NOW AFTER THE FACT:

Of course I had severe doubts once they started 0-2, and was completely baffled by the offensive gameplan they featured at the start of the year, and would not have predicted 10-6 at that point. Once Pete started practicing what he was preaching (run the damn ball) they became the team I had foreseen going into the season.

Another factor was the strength of the NFC. I had it being a very strong conference. A lot of teams underachieved and disappointed this year. This helped and allowed them to recover from their slow start.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
After the first two losses, it obviously didn't look good... However, I could see the team starting to form and put it together and then I thought we had a chance. My top worry has always been the Over The Hill Out Of Shape Kicker costing us too many games we really needed... Now that we're in we need to fix that to go further! :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Hawkboi":2sq0v8e2 said:
After the first two losses, it obviously didn't look good... However, I could see the team starting to form and put it together and then I thought we had a chance. My top worry has always been the Over The Hill Out Of Shape Kicker costing us too many games we really needed... Now that we're in we need to fix that to go further! :irishdrinkers:
Janiskowski has missed a few kicks along the way, but I can't recall him costing us many games this year, unlike last year where we could point at three games at least that a decent kicker could have won or kept us competitive.

SlickRick

Reaction score
I thought Seattle would go 9-7 & miss the playoffs when the year started.i though the Falcons would edge us out again but they fell apart.

I was already preparing for the worst case scenario of Seattle being on hard knocks.

You know HBO mad we won't be on there Haha

SlickRick

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3nteabzw said:
I didn't see this. Not even remotely.
I was afraid that just due to the new coaches alone we'd be lucky to win 7 games. And then we lost the first 2 games, in ways that kinda 'justified' my skepticism about the new OC&OL coach. After those 2 L's I figured we would probably end up having a "Win One. Lose One." type of season and THEN Earl went down in Arizona's haunted, Native burial ground ass stadium and I was actually OK with this just being a "rebuilding" year.
Boy oh boy do I LOVE being wrong like this!

Ok this wins the thread lol this was funny

niveky

Reaction score
I can't describe my excitement for this team as the offseason unfolded. I didn't really feel one way or the other in regards to playoffs or not, but just seeing the coach shake up and the infusion of a bunch of new young talent to go with the younger players stepping up from last year I felt like this got the team right back to Carroll's original recipe for success. Anytime you get a bunch of young, late round and undrafted players fighting for spots and knowing that positions are theirs for the taking and they could contribute to the success of the team right off the bat....I felt like this team would be extremely hungry.

Pete takes a lot of flak for different things on this board, but his ability to motivate and prepare players I think is a good as it gets. There were growing pains, to be sure, but it seems that everything has started fitting together here at the end of the season and they continue to build on top of what they have been good at throughout the season and become more of a total team, a dangerous team. I am not surprised in the least that they are in the playoffs and while I had no prediction either way I was very, very optimistic that this team could make the playoffs despite all of the changes.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I thought with Russel Wilson we always had a chance.

I was figuring 8-8 with equal chances 7-9 to 9-7. I thought 10 wins would be very unlikely.

When we went 0-2 I was very concerned. But when 49ers lost Jimmy G, I thought our odds improved as that removed a decent QB from our division.

Still more impressed with how we made the playoffs than that we actually did. Beating Carolina on the road, Minnesota, KC, GB at home. Using a style of football most people think is best reserved for the 70's.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
With the offensive line woes at the start of the season I thought we'd be 8-8 at best. The early season play calling was painful as well, which didn't help matters much. They did a complete 180 and it's worked. I'm glad things turned out the way they did.

The only thing that bugs me now is Janikowski, but it appears that the hit to his leg may have re-calibrated him a bit.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TwilightError":2o40w6x3 said:
I had 8-8 coined as a near certainty. I knew there was too much quality for a 4 win season but thought the playoffs were too far fetched.

I was in this wagon train for the most part this season. After the first two losses, I did not see where our identity was. Then it clicked in that our identity was being reformed into what our winning stature is...a RUNNING GAME. Running games burn clock and offenses down for the long haul. Rotating RBs in to keep them fresh and WRs to keep them fresh is a plan for long term. That is what I saw happening. A couple bumps along the road, but still success the PC way.

As Pmedic's sig says....It is a great time to be a Seahawk Fan.

SlickRick

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2rx3q3p6 said:
With the offensive line woes at the start of the season I thought we'd be 8-8 at best. The early season play calling was painful as well, which didn't help matters much. They did a complete 180 and it's worked. I'm glad things turned out the way they did.

The only thing that bugs me now is Janikowski, but it appears that the hit to his leg may have re-calibrated him a bit.

Lol okiehawk it recalibrated him real good bahahaha it was all he needed a good hit to the leg to get those kicks to go straight Haha

kf3339

Reaction score
I had us as with a 9-7 record and just missing the playoffs, so good for them!

What was more interesting was some of the NFC teams that somewhat imploded considering the optimism before the season started. I'm talking about the Vikings, Eagles, Packers and Falcons. To me it is somewhat more that these teams under performed their talent level, which benefited our making the playoffs. This is in no way undermining our performance this season. Just that I and probably many others would have thought their records would be far stronger.

But things happened and we took advantage with a revamped running attack, efficient passing game and young/aggressive defense. In addition a great rookie punter and adequate kicker (even though this position needs new blood). Whatever happens this has been a really fun season for me! :irishdrinkers:

beaumaris

Reaction score
Said to my son last week,beware of the San Fran game,we could lose there.But not to worry I'm very confident of
beating KC next week. :2thumbs:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
beaumaris":oy6ep5mk said:
Said to my son last week,beware of the San Fran game,we could lose there.But not to worry I'm very confident of
beating KC next week. :2thumbs:

Exactly how I felt. Was way more worried about SF than KC. Told my sister in law after the loss to SF not to worry because the KC game would be a win. Why I don’t put money on these when I feel as strongly as I did is beyond me. Maybe if I did I could actually retire.

mrt144

Reaction score
Aros":2oenzff7 said:
When the season was getting started back in September...

I thought they were headed towards 6-10 at worst and 9-7 at best...but I was super dour after those first two games. So thankful this season has blossomed and we had a beautiful game last night that launched us into the playoffs.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Had the hawks at 6 wins +/- 2. So even at best 8 wins

CPHawk

Reaction score
I had 9-7, just because I thought our O would.be better and last years D wasn't all that good really. Teams ran all over us with all those pro bowlers, and we lost 3 games due to a crap kicker. But I didn't think 9 wins would get us in the playoffs.

raisethe3

Reaction score
After the first 2 games of the season, I did NOT expect us to make the playoffs. I think I voted 8-8 season. But we're here and this team had exceeded my expectations. Way to go! :2thumbs:

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I had no clue on what the record would be with a new D. I figured somewhere around 8-8 give or take a game or 2.

The only prediction I made to my Hawk friends was that Dickson would be the team MVP. That's how confident I was in the Offense going into the season

LTH

Reaction score
I called it from week 4...

LTH

Latest posts