No Fox On Dish Network now- is it time to panic ??

baumer64

Reaction score
When we lost FOX in Eastern WA a couple years ago, I called Dish and told them we were in our motor home in an area that had Seattle locals instead of Spokane. I asked them to change our locals while we were on vacation there. They did it, just needed an address and zip code for where I said I was camping. Now in reality, I never left my home and I don't have a motor home but I got FOX and Seahawks games while others in the KAYU market did not. Give it a try but put in a Spokane address.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":ge0j213k said:
Luda, can you get some dimensions on that work of art? That is if it is not copywrite infringement??? LOL

http://www.dtvusaforum.com/threads/4863 ... or-Antenna

This is what I followed. I just added more fractals to the star in order to increase the VHF potential. But I left the two bipoles because some channels are UHF and you won't get the strength with the fractals on UHF broadcast. The only thing you need to do is to ensure the length of each fractal and bipole is the same so the signal arrives at the correct time. As it is designed, it is multidirectional. But if I were to put a foil behind it, it would be one powerful directional antenna.

Attachments

• FDXQQVBFP8NM7YF.MEDIUM.jpg
    FDXQQVBFP8NM7YF.MEDIUM.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,764

BlueTalon

Reaction score
baumer64":1mhuf1ya said:
When we lost FOX in Eastern WA a couple years ago, I called Dish and told them we were in our motor home in an area that had Seattle locals instead of Spokane. I asked them to change our locals while we were on vacation there. They did it, just needed an address and zip code for where I said I was camping. Now in reality, I never left my home and I don't have a motor home but I got FOX and Seahawks games while others in the KAYU market did not. Give it a try but put in a Spokane address.
Oh, that's sneaky! And brilliant!

sc85sis

Reaction score
HDTV Antenna doesn't work for me. The mountains here in SoCal block all the signals.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
sc85sis":1v297v44 said:
HDTV Antenna doesn't work for me. The mountains here in SoCal block all the signals.

It's easier for you then. If you have a playstation, roku, android tv, smart tv or Google chromecast, you can get your local channels via playstation vue.

LargentFan

Reaction score
baumer64":1vtws9n4 said:

This will work for both Dish Network and DirecTV, but it is technically satellite fraud and is illegal. It is nearly impossible to get caught for it, but before doing it, you should at least know you are choosing to break the law.

No judgements...just don't want people being uninformed.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I sprung for a really nice antenna, because a regular $12 type doesn't work from inside my house. I forgot how nice the digital hd signal looks. Uncompressed 1080p HD.

I won't drop dish because their dvr is just great hardware and software compared to Comcast and directv. Mainly because of the built in slingbox. It's nice that I have total access to whatever I want to watch wherever I am. It's like having a TV in every room.

Apparently, there's a USB to ota adapter available for the hopper dvr, that makes it so antenna channels will show up on the dvr guide, but it's currently on backorder. (One advantage to some directv dvr's is this is built in.)

Of course, now that I spent cash, set the antenna up and have Fox back, I'm sure the dispute between dish and tribune will be resolved any minute.

253hawk

Reaction score
This week's game will be on NFL Network if FOX still isn't back up.

Jville

Reaction score
253hawk":1tu1g2is said:

NFL Network second airing of the game is scheduled for Sunday @ 10:00 pm.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":qx7uza65 said:

I went to check that this past weekend, and the program information on the game from the NFL network channel stated that it was blocked in my area - probably due to a local affiliate carrying the game - Q13 - which is not currently available....

Big loop.

hawker84

Reaction score
Me: Yes how much is it to buy out my contract?
Dish: While I'm checking on that, may I ask why you'd like to buy out?
Me: Your service sucks, your product sucks, and you no longer carry FOX sports, which my team plays the majority of it's games on.
Dish: We can add the NFL Network to your package at no additional charge, will that work for you.
Me: well do the Seahawks play on there every Sunday:
Dish: No but you'll be able to keep up on the action, with NFL Redzone
Me: (chuckle), ya so how much to buy out my contract, I just ordered cable......

True Story

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
253hawk":2gy3ptqu said:

In the Treasure valley it is being broadcast on Channel 6 KIVI. Recording it as I am going fishing, camping, gathering firewood...dealing with idiots...yanno...the normal.

253hawk

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":kddav883 said:
253hawk":kddav883 said:

I went to check that this past weekend, and the program information on the game from the NFL network channel stated that it was blocked in my area - probably due to a local affiliate carrying the game - Q13 - which is not currently available....

Big loop.

Oh god, you're right...this is utter BS. Have to jump through hoops to watch a locally-televised game even though I pay for satellite. An antenna won't work for me because I live in a valley, and I shouldn't have to buy an antenna anyway as I already have service and NFLN...and should have FOX.

And they wonder why people watch illegal streams...

Latest posts