It's time for Schottenheimer to go

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete fired someone that stood up to him, imagine that.

Philosophical difference, translated to you can't control Wilson I will.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":1yy188bv said:

Wrong translation, you do the offense I want or your gone and it started game 6. This is about PC control, he change dthe offensive style after game 5 to help his defense and Fed it all up and Schotty had enough of it. adn the dominoe swill keep falling.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2tczp46k said:
chris98251":2tczp46k said:

Wrong translation, you do the offense I want or your gone and it started game 6. This is about PC control, he change dthe offensive style after game 5 to help his defense and Fed it all up and Schotty had enough of it. adn the dominoe swill keep falling.

He didn't, they had to open it up to offset what the defense could not do.

Try again for 200 Alex.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3srpu4f8 said:
Did he get fired?
Or just get tired of Pete destroying his career and leave on his own?
Destroying his career? Did you see his career prior to coming here?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1h52bk7j said:
This is actually more likely bad news. Schottenheimer probably told Pete he was unwilling to continue to sacrifice his career on Pete's bullshit. No longer a yes man? Out the door you go.

I liked Schotty too for the most part, but sacrificing his career?

Schottenheimer was a generally crappy coach prior to Seattle. He absolutely sucked at Georgia despite having absurd talent on the team, and was just a QB coach when he was hired here. To his credit, he led the offense to some fairly good years, but to say Pete was ruining his career?

Let's be honest - if anything, Pete took this guys career to heights it almost certainly wouldn't be at now if Seattle hadn't given him a shot, not the other way around.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Schotty has provided 2 absolutely horrid playoff gameplans in his career of 4 playoff games for the Seahawks. As much as I disliked Bevell, he at least had acceptable plans and adjustments most of the time. The Schotty gameplans against the Cowboys and the Rams will go down as some of the worst ever.

I think it's in the genes. His father also was known to have crappy playoffs as well.

So moving on is well advised. We need a more dynamic run game that can shift into play action more seamlessly. Schotty got way too enamored with 7 step drops and forcing Wilson to play from the pocket.

We could also do with a DC that can gameplan for the Rams. Requiring the Rams QB to have a dislocated thumb to win against them isn't going to fly.