No Sounder Train to Games this year (parking advice)

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
So, ever since I can remember my family and I always took the Sounder from Everett to King Street for afternoon Seahawks games. According to my ticket rep the Sounder won’t be running for games this year so I’m curious what people would recommend as alternatives. I’m going to try out Spot Hero (booked 4 spots already) for now, has anybody had any issues with them? I’ve been turned down for spots in the past even after reserving in advance so I’m a little concerned if it’s going to work out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":1yk8awv1 said:
So, ever since I can remember my family and I always took the Sounder from Everett to King Street for afternoon Seahawks games. According to my ticket rep the Sounder won’t be running for games this year so I’m curious what people would recommend as alternatives. I’m going to try out Spot Hero (booked 4 spots already) for now, has anybody had any issues with them? I’ve been turned down for spots in the past even after reserving in advance so I’m a little concerned if it’s going to work out.
Well that stinks.
The Sounder was my favorite way to get down to the stadium by far.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Nuts! I love taking the same train to the game. A few years ago a friend hooked me up with his VFW club for a chartered bus. I have ridden with them a few times since. Looks like I will be contacting them soon. It is actually a party bus for a bunch of us oldies.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":3jc9lpp0 said:

Thats weird, it was kind of the go to method for thousands on game days for all sports, any reason given?

This sounds like a stupid move on the surface given they continue to take away more and more parking downtown as

OP
OP
H

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
chris98251":3kxgfxgl said:
Hawkfiend":3kxgfxgl said:

Thats weird, it was kind of the go to method for thousands on game days for all sports, any reason given?

This sounds like a stupid move on the surface given they continue to take away more and more parking downtown as

According to my rep ridership is down this year (probably because of so many people working from home now) so it must not be financially viable for Sound Transit.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":3kehgh5p said:
chris98251":3kehgh5p said:
Hawkfiend":3kehgh5p said:

According to my rep ridership is down this year (probably because of so many people working from home now) so it must not be financially viable for Sound Transit.

Covid, they can't get ridership up if they don't run, seats sold would tell them viability.

Also based on my commute we are back to clustermess traffic again, there should be a uptick.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I like to get to the area fairly early to watch the 10 am games and parking is easy if you're early. Prime time games, especially on weekdays, are very difficult to find decent parking.

The Northgate light rail station is going to be finished soon. As long as you arrive fairly early you should be able to park for free but it will likely be a long trip each way. You can also catch it at the UW but there are no free places to park in the area.

The Starbucks parking lot on first avenue used to cost $20 (in 2019) and was available as long as you were two hours early or more. It's easiest to access if you get off an exit after downtown and then work your way back up first. It has the upside of a quick exit afterwards as you can turn right directly onto first and then go south a couple of blocks to an I-5 on ramp.

The Safeco garage used to cost $40 (in 2019) if you bought a ticket online. It's very important to back in to your spot or you may be waiting for the entire garage to empty before you can leave.