No stress monday

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We are not supposed to win this. Any metric you use shows us as an underdog, and even that metric is bad (underdogs 1 for 9 on monday this year).

Schotty called a good game last week. We have some folks back. Its rolling into the time of year where pete teams tend to start to excel. Niner fans running their mouths like they already have won the bowl. Everything is lining up perfectly for that seahawks magic game.

I expect us to lose as the niners do look balanced and very good. That means that if we are in this game until the end, then I'll be happy. I just have a gut feeling we pull this one out and Sherman throws his helmet.

Fish tacos at my house monday.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the game where Russ can solidify his MVP.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
VERY good point right there. A win on Monday changes so many things, but certainly puts him clearly in the lead, more than he already is. It also likely will change the mindset and/or expectations for the 2nd half of the season. Even for the biggest doubters.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Nobody should be expecting us to win this game. We just took a 2 win team to overtime, at home.

And while I am sure I will see things in that game that drive me crazy, making me think we should have won it but for X....

(And still think we have a chance, because if anyone can derail the Wide-9 that would be Wilson)

We are not the Browns. We are not the Bills or the Bengals.

In spite of some real missed opportunities and absolutely baffling decisions by Carroll that I believe cost us SBs - we have been fortunate to know that for over half a decade, we were one of the better teams in the NFL. Carroll is the greatest coach in Seahawk history and we should be damned thankful.

Whatever happens this coming game, we only have these high expectations because of this amazing ride. Bills or Bengals fans, and certainly Browns fans all just have to hope in games like these. They don't even get to be disappointed when they lose.

Still if we lose it puts us 3 games back, which will be rough to come back from. So let's hope Carson and Wilson can find a way to carry this team. I cannot imagine our defense doing anything in this one, it will be on those 2.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, fan how you want. Nothing wrong with expecting the team to win. Doesn't make it wrong or right. I won't be surprised win or lose. This team IS capable of winning on Monday. If they do lose a close one, it's not a surprise and it certainly doesn't mean they are somehow the farce that so many seem to think they are.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only way I'll be stressed is if we get blown out and don't compete on Monday.

That takes me from "hey we're close just need to get some more talent on the defensive side of the ball" to "we're not close at all to competing with the best teams in the NFC."

But if we lose by 10 pts or less? Eh, I'm not stressed about that. SF's a good team, getting most of their players back and I assume will be jacked up to beat us on prime time trying to establish themselves as the division favorites going down the stretch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. I don't have as much of a problem with losing IF the Hawks go down swinging til the end. They flat out don't give up, and if they battle these guys toe to toe til the end of the game, I can't imagine being angry at the team if they lose. Angry because I can't stand the Niners? Absolutely. Bummed for sure, but more hopefull for the rest of the season imo.

xray

Reaction score
AZ showed that SF can be scored on ; and made that a close game ; but SF was without some key starters too and I think they took AZ for granted as a win . SF will have their game faces on at home in primetime Monday ; and I think the Hawks will too . SF will not go undefeated and maybe the Hawks upset them first . The Hawk offense can play with any team this year ; but the defense really can't . To win this game the Hawks will have to play far better than what we've seen . Win or lose I don't get stressed anymore .

Chapow

Reaction score
Aros":rv8d73tp said:

I'd trade a win for any shot of Russ winning the MVP. Bet Russ would too.

Just win. Everything else is a distant second.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":33w272ie said:
AZ showed that SF can be scored on ; and made that a close game ; but SF was without some key starters too and I think they took AZ for granted as a win . SF will have their game faces on at home in primetime Monday ; and I think the Hawks will too . SF will not go undefeated and maybe the Hawks upset them first . The Hawk offense can play with any team this year ; but the defense really can't . To win this game the Hawks will have to play far better than what we've seen . Win or lose I don't get stressed anymore .

Also could be that the Niners were looking ahead in the Arizona game to our game, and came out flat.

Again, Monday shall reveal A LOT as to where both teams are. We beat the Niners in their park on MNF? Shows that the Niners might just be paper tigers and aren't as good as everyone thinks they are. We get stomped? Shows everyone was right, the Niners are one of the top teams in the NFC and serious SB contenders and we have been riding some luck to get to 7-2 and not a very good team.

Obviously much can happen between now an January, but for the first week in November? Game's don't get bigger than this. NFC, inter-division, rivals, bad blood, this game has all the making for stressing me the hell out!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or it could mean that the Hawks really ARE a very good team.
Hawks won at Zona by 17, all we heard was that "It's just Arizona"
Niners barely beat them at Zona and nobody bats an eye. That's the kind of thing that makes the whole Niners love fest annoying.

Seafan

Reaction score
Chapow":wpq92c6w said:
Aros":wpq92c6w said:

I'd trade a win for any shot of Russ winning the MVP. Bet Russ would too.

Just win. Everything else is a distant second.

The irony of that statement is in order for the Hawks to win Russ would have to have an MVP statement like game which would likely help put him on track for the MVP.

Defense talent wise the teams aren't close. Russ will have to play lights out for the Hawks to stay close and hope for some turnovers by the 9ers for a chance at victory.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6lb8p84w said:
xray":6lb8p84w said:

Also could be that the Niners were looking ahead in the Arizona game to our game, and came out flat.

I said that a couple of weeks ago and got shredded for it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ky1ns6t said:
Sgt. Largent":1ky1ns6t said:
xray":1ky1ns6t said:

I said that a couple of weeks ago and got shredded for it.

Well it's certainly possible, especially in a divisional game where both teams SHOULD be jacked up and know each other very well, so when one team's flat, doesn't matter their record, it's going to be a struggle.

Again, we're all speculating and trying to analyze every angle when all we need to do is wait until Monday night, and all will be revealed.

Latest posts