No topic about the Pryor run?

getnasty

Reaction score
Just amazing that 5 years ago there were only a handful of black Qb's in the league, and now we have 4 on the roster. Sorry i just thought about it last night, wasn't trying to piss anyone off.

sc85sis

Reaction score
It is actually quite historic that we have all African American QBs. I think it's pretty awesome, especially because it rarely comes up in conversation (people just accept that we have who we have without thinking about their color).

That's progress.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Donn2390":1q7tujb7 said:
Bobblehead":1q7tujb7 said:
I don't want to see a Pete Carroll Pet project taking a roster space for someone that will contribute to the winning of a game.
Yes because none of Pete's projects have ever worked out in the past...

We had a need in the past we do not have a need for a backup QB, to take a roster spot but not play because right now he is bad.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3fqxiilm said:
getnasty":3fqxiilm said:
I feel like we have 3 caple back ups with room for 1. Kearly is right though whoever gets cut will definitely land in SF. Side note, we have got to be the first in history to have four QB's and not one of them is a white guy.

What does that have to do with anything?

Well, for one, they are great scramblers, and for the most part, fit with what Bevel & Carroll want, running their Offensive Scheme's.
AND, when was the last time any of us have ever seen four rushing TD's by 3 different Quarterbacks, who all just happen to be fast, athletic and black.
It's a real rarity to have that much athleticism in a Quarterbacks stable.
I think it's a good thing that the NFL breaks with more old worn out traditions, just like the tradition that was broken of having all white Head Coaches.

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3ipl7xme said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3ipl7xme said:
getnasty":3ipl7xme said:
I feel like we have 3 caple back ups with room for 1. Kearly is right though whoever gets cut will definitely land in SF. Side note, we have got to be the first in history to have four QB's and not one of them is a white guy.

What does that have to do with anything?

Well, for one, they are great scramblers, and for the most part, fit with what Bevel & Carroll want, running their Offensive Scheme's.
AND, when was the last time any of us have ever seen four rushing TD's by 3 different Quarterbacks, who all just happen to be fast, athletic and black.
It's a real rarity to have that much athleticism in a Quarterbacks stable.
I think it's a good thing that the NFL breaks with more old worn out traditions, just like the tradition that was broken of having all white Head Coaches.

Except of the 3 we saw last game only 2 showed they can pass worth a crap, TP so far has been a 50% passer which will not cut it, and add to that he has not improved since last years were he was about 50%.

Right now TJ is the back up period, TP is trying to show why we should keep him on the roster and waste a roster spot. BJ can go to PS again.

TXHawk

Reaction score
After watching that run I can see why Carroll is so enamored with Pryor. He has the unique combination of size, speed, and athleticism that Pete loves. Unfortunately Pryor doesn't look like an NFL caliber passer so unless he beats out TJack for the #2 spot I just don't see any role for him on the team. Any conversion to the WR or TE position would need to have started long ago to make him viable at those positions and I doubt they would use him as an occasional Wildcat/Read Option QB ala Tebow with the Jets. If he doesn't beat out TJack I don't see him sticking on the roster.