Norwood's injury (now being reported as a bone spur)

Largent80

Reaction score
Without a mountain of text I would like to say that it is GREAT news about his injury, and that I still think the Hawks need to keep him on the roster.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
When Harvin gets injured I hope it forces Pete and/or John to readjust how they factor durability into their player grades.

One of their weak points has been basically ignoring durability and going on best-case.

With Norwood it's probably something random and there isn't much they can do about it, but cases like this and whatshisname who we drafted this year and had to retire just adds to the list of injured players.

If a player from another team (especially the vikings....) has a problem with injuries Pete and John need to go with the odds ajd assume the player will be injured with the Hawks.

Last year the Hawks had the most expensive WR duo bust in NFL history (harvin and rice). We still won the super bowl despite the busts but it will be easier to win a few more Super Bowls if we avoid high-priced injury busts.

CEHawk

Reaction score
So the world is not ending for the Seahawks!!!!! Wooooo Lol This thread is unbelievable. :3-1:

CEHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":qu6j50f4 said:
thebanjodude":qu6j50f4 said:
You two are insufferable.

Edited for not following Forum Rules

True true, he definitely missed your "second year" receiver stat comparisons.

If Kearse continues to improve as much as he did last year, he will be very fun to watch this year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Clayton is a hang wringing drama queen.

Everything I've seen written, from 710 and Fielgulls, says they had a bone chip removed. The subject of the arcticle said bone SPUR, but then it was written about repeatedly as a bone CHIP.

Either way, they were saying it was possible he could be back by the end of the preseason, and the Hawks were thinking 4-6 weeks (and remember they're generally conservative).

This is actually good news, if it's the fix. Before, they were dealing with an enigmatic recurring injury that they couldn't quite figure out what it was. Now, they're removing foreign objects and have a prognosis.

This is actually good news, honestly. I can't remember the last time a guy had bone chips removed and he missed a year over it, in any sport.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawks46":3vbpjgor said:
Everything I've seen written, from 710 and Fielgulls, says they had a bone chip removed. The subject of the arcticle said bone SPUR, but then it was written about repeatedly as a bone CHIP.

Danny on 710 called it a chip (http://mynorthwest.com/292/2581272/Seah ... -back-soon). It's called a spur in the title.

Blount (http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... ot-surgery), Condotta (http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... back-soon/), and Fieldgulls (http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/8/6/5975 ... -preseason) call it a spur.

The information comes from Pete's presser where he calls it a spur (http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... f8b63efe08). At about 4:40.

I think Danny just got his semantics wrong.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie downer, but this seems like more of an educated guess by the doctors as to what could be causing Norwood's foot pain. The surgery to remove the bone spur could be successful but Norwood could find he still has a sore foot afterwards and have to be put on IR or have further surgery. I hope this does the trick, but I still think it's 50/50 whether he stays off IR this year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tokadub":1l9e0bj3 said:
And Harvin is much more likely to get injured as a reciever because guys can give him concussions with minimal effort when he's going up for a ball, GOOD LUCK GETTING A CLEAN INJURY INFLICTING HIT ON HARVIN WHEN HE'S RUNNING IN OPEN FIELD FOR A KICK OFF RETURN... Harvin's injury weakness is when he puts eyes on the ball to make a catch... NOT WHEN HE'S RUNNING in open field.

I still think he's ok probably just a little swelling and sore, there's no reason to force him to play next practice.

Great to hear Norwood might be back by season opener.

As to Harvin, I agree 100% with tokadub and had made a post saying the same thing last season. Harvin gets hurt receiving the ball because 2 DBs are tracking it also and know that they can put one of the most dangerous players out of the game if they catch him just right as he is looking the ball in to his hands.

But when they hand the ball off to Percy, he has time to look and adjust to oncoming players. That is where he is the most dangerous, and least likely to get injured. He's a tough kid and you'll never see him get alligator arms.

I think a healthy Norwood, along with a speed Paul would really help though because players couldn't focus solely on Harvin. If they did, Norwood gets open over the middle or Richardson is deep for a big gain.

The other encouraging thing I saw/heard was that Kevin has played with this injury for awhile and Pete wants to "just make sure he's taken care of properly. Something Nick Saban would never concern himself with. Saban uses kids up and if he were half a man he would donate 95% of his salary to his student players.

And this is what i love about Pete. Every other coach in the NFL will tell their players to "tough it out." But Pete knows how important a healthy player is to depth and continuity. So unlike other coaches, at the first sign of trouble he tends to his players. Why push someone out on to the field who is not going to make it through the season?

So in the long run, I think we need to take reported injuries for Seahawks players with a grain of salt. It's just Pete being extra cautious (thank you spell check).

I think Kevin Norwood is going to make some big plays for us this year. He's clutch.