Not since the '85 bears has a D.....

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":25ndabq1 said:
The 85 bears might be a little better statistically but when you think of the way the game was play back then compared to today, the hawks just might be better. This year 9 quarterbacks threw for more yards then the 1985 league leader Dan Marino.

Yep, and not only the offenses more productive today but the rules did not favor the O's as much back then. No penalties for guys getting blown up in the secondary or QB's getting blasted during or after the pass. Of course, you had a lot more injuries but then again probably half the team was playing w/ a concussion. Dude can't see straight and needs 2 trainers to walk off field straight and the concussion protocall consisted of a trainer slapping the guy in the face several times and shoving him back on field for the next play.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
hawker84":29i30wo1 said:
Don't tell the Bronco fans that, according to their site, their defense is every bit as good as ours.. Does anyone over there ever bother to look up stats, or how bout watch a video or two?

Link, please. A laugh is good for the soul.

OP
OP
H

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
I think, as some of you said, that the way football is played now, with all the rules that favor the offense and how teams throw it, that our stats are just as good as the stats of some of the greats. its like inflation, only for our defense. One more game playing like we all know that team can play, and I think the D could kick off its legacy.
How great would it be if they shut out the broncos in this game? Right after peyton sets those records. That'd be talked about for years imo.

morgulon1

Reaction score
getnasty":3ufa6nwl said:
The 85 bears might be a little better statistically but when you think of the way the game was play back then compared to today, the hawks just might be better. This year 9 quarterbacks threw for more yards then the 1985 league leader Dan Marino.

Nice post, and true. Sea cant beat the sh*t out of teams the way the Bears were allowed to.

Latest posts