Number 1 Defense AGAIN - impressive

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2fwnfryp said:
I never really thought that XLVIII put Seattle in the 85' Bears discussion by itself, but this does. This type of continued defensive dominance has never been seen in the salary cap era before. Never.

Scary, but most of our guys are locked up for a long time. We really only need Wagner and Irvin.

We'll probably lose Maxwell, but we have Simon to replace him. I see us drafting another CB this year (or coaching up guys like Jeffereson) and increasing our depth for when this happens.

Our depth in most positions is really good. KPL and the kid from Montana (brain fart, can't remember his name) at LBer, Shead and Johnson at Safety, great DL rotation.....I expect us to lead the league again next year as well.

Rainger

Reaction score
Seattle played 10 games against teams with winning records. In those games they played 6 games against teams that are in the playoffs and 4 of those the teams won their divisions.

I haven't checked but I bet that no other team played that many games against winning teams.

That makes the D even that much better considering the winning percentage of their opponents.

Ruminator

Reaction score
rainger":fg6ublz6 said:
Seattle played 10 games against teams with winning records. In those games they played 6 games against teams that are in the playoffs and 4 of those the teams won their divisions.

I haven't checked but I bet that no other team played that many games against winning teams.

That makes the D even that much better considering the winning percentage of their opponents.

That's incredible.

I'll repost a comment I made back on December 7 in another thread, except I would no longer say "nearly":

Ruminator":fg6ublz6 said:
While still far too soon to label the Seahawks the team a dynasty, the defense as its own unit nearly deserves that label now.

And with today's win over the Rams, we're headed to ELO 1800 territory!

chris98251

Reaction score
But they didn't play against Manning Brady and Rodgers all 16 games so they can't be that good. :sarcasm_on:

Latest posts