Observations

Tical21

Reaction score
Man, Russell was bad. Like, wow bad. The sure TD he missed to Lockett. lol @ the attempts to Graham in the red zone. The third down decisions. We were 25% on third down. Jeesh. I mean, the running game didn't help him out at all, but that was some of the worst execution of the QB position we have seen since, what, whoever was before Dilfer?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
cymatica":1m9n4yzx said:
This game 100% proved the officials will attempt to steer a game to a predetermined outcome for reasons unknown. There is no way that level of incompetence that we observed was by accident, and if it was, you don't deserve a job in such a prestigious position.

At least become better at disguising the bias so it doesn't ruin the game

I couldn't agree more.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Anthony!":74xfgstc said:
johnnyfever":74xfgstc said:
When Russ doesn't have "magic" to fix our broken offensive game plan, it shows that yes, we have a horrible offensive gameplan.

We know we have a cheap line, but in order to keep the core of our offense and defense together, we had to pay them. Sure, they could be coached better, but they are still cheap or freshly drafted guys. The money isn't there to go buy a line.

What that means is we need to strategize and come into games with a game plan suited to a line that for the most part can't provide protection for long developing plays. Tons of teams do this. The Patriots constantly hit hot routes all the way up the field 5 yards at a time.

Bevell doesn't do this. He develops gameplans to try to maximize explosive plays. He doesn't take into account that we don't have OL personnel to carry that out. That is why we are constantly going 3 and out.

Take 2 receivers, spread them out wide and run their routes fast and deep to make sure and draw the corners and free safety. Run 2 TE for the hot routes both in and out routes, bit short and horizontal. RB in the backfield for either the run play or to provide addl protection. The RB can also release late when he sees a hole.

Watch the teams that are good at moving the chains and this is what they do. It forces LB'S to have to pay attention to the short pass, which then takes the pressure off the line and running plays.

It is maddening that an OC Maki g big money with tons of talent to work with can't seem to grasp this.

It is EXACTLY what we did the last half of 2015 to finally start getting W's, but has been abandoned since.

2 THINGS

1 we move the best in uptempo period that is what we should be doing
2 most of our money goes to defense, to the tune of 28 mil more. Not to say they should not or should just saying let's not make the excuse because we have our QB, 1 Wr and a Te making decent money we can't pay more for oline. Point in case the offense gets Jockel, a nver was, the defense gets Richardson a pro bowler.

I agree that uptempo is part of the equation, , but "whole game" uptempo isn't possible.

Teams practice uptempo and 2 minute drill for short bursts for a reason. They are a collection of plays that have simple personnel and line setups. It usually has very few player changes. If you did this too long, you would gas your offense.

We need to mix it in, but whole game uptempo is nearly impossible. If Russ was calling the plays, then we could have a faster setup to the offense, but the play would still need to be communicated, and personnel changes have to happen to keep guys fresh.

ptisme

Reaction score
Bobblehead":4sbhtzt8 said:
So were the Packers Defense that good?
Not only against our OL, but when Wilson had time, it just seemed he couldn't find very man receivers open. There was some catches, sure, but still they appeared from what I can remember, just about all contested.
What has gone unnoticed by The national media is that the packers are better at every position with the exception of the right side of the offensive line then the team that played in the NFC championship game 8 months ago. There is zero comparison to the cornerbacks that were trotted out with torn groins and what is on the field now. The Falcons are going to have their hands full next week

ivotuk

Reaction score
ptisme":3f7e2q35 said:
Bobblehead":3f7e2q35 said:
Not only against our OL, but when Wilson had time, it just seemed he couldn't find very man receivers open. There was some catches, sure, but still they appeared from what I can remember, just about all contested.

What has gone unnoticed by The national media is that the packers are better at every position with the exception of the right side of the offensive line then the team that played in the NFC championship game 8 months ago.

There is zero comparison to the cornerbacks that were trotted out with torn groins and what is on the field now. The Falcons are going to have their hands full next week

Have to agree with this. The Packers have a great GM, the guy that John Schneider learned from, and they didn't stand still this last year. They improved.

ptisme

Reaction score
ivotuk":6pq2kd2b said:
ptisme":6pq2kd2b said:
Bobblehead":6pq2kd2b said:

What has gone unnoticed by The national media is that the packers are better at every position with the exception of the right side of the offensive line then the team that played in the NFC championship game 8 months ago.

There is zero comparison to the cornerbacks that were trotted out with torn groins and what is on the field now. The Falcons are going to have their hands full next week

Have to agree with this. The Packers have a great GM, the guy that John Schneider learned from, and they didn't stand still this last year. They improved.
Yeah, rewatching now. This defense can fly at every level.

Boycie

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1p0q6u0v said:
At some point, you should be able to start a season with some level of OL effectiveness. Needing to get 4+ games to get ready after the 1st game is an indictment of the decision process with the OL.

That falls on the OL coach, but ultimately it falls on the HC and GM for accepting the substandard results repeatedly.

And this is where I am at a loss.

The most important piece of this team is running for his life, and they still act like nothing is wrong.

I love Pete, but I am getting tired of his "everything is great" attitude.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":173y1r7b said:
Man, Russell was bad. Like, wow bad. The sure TD he missed to Lockett. lol @ the attempts to Graham in the red zone. The third down decisions. We were 25% on third down. Jeesh. I mean, the running game didn't help him out at all, but that was some of the worst execution of the QB position we have seen since, what, whoever was before Dilfer?
I have to agree with this and others made some good points also but it all starts with RW.
I'd figure by now he can call plays and check out of them by reading the defense.
Can he not read a defense?Can he not audible?Can he not feel where the pressure is?
The one thing I saw is he is lousy when he stays in pocket and waits too long only to get strip sacked.
Did all see the P D swarm the edges so he can't run out of the pocket?
They dared him to work in it and to step up and He pretty much failed.
He had a great run when he took off up the middle and that was there all game.
Has he not learned to take what the D gives?
The days of going outside to pass and running RO are pretty much over.
Teams know where he is weak so he better learn how to adjust.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Walsh must be breathing a freakin' huge sigh of relief after that game. Like, the offence stinks the joint out and he comes in and calmly scores 100% of the points single-handedly. All of the pressure to live down the frozen kick in Minneapolis was immediately relieved.

His predecessor didn't fare as well in Buffalo.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Our new definition of smashmouth football

Attachments

• square-peg-round-hole.jpg
    square-peg-round-hole.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3,289

rjdriver

Reaction score
Palmegranite":38pvs8lv said:
Walsh must be breathing a freakin' huge sigh of relief after that game. Like, the offence stinks the joint out and he comes in and calmly scores 100% of the points single-handedly. All of the pressure to live down the frozen kick in Minneapolis was immediately relieved.

His predecessor didn't fare as well in Buffalo.

Good point that has gone mostly unnoticed because of the atrocious offensive production. His field goals were right down the middle and I thought his kickoffs had great distance as well. He's off to a good start. Hopefully he will have a chance to attempt an extra point sometime soon.

rjdriver

Reaction score

rjdriver

Reaction score

nanomoz

Reaction score
Can we still claim that there isn't much investment in the offensive line? The starting line has two first-round draft picks (one via FA getting paid well for one year), a second-round draft pick, a third-round pick, and a fourth-round pick.

Glowinski is now in his third year, and he's back at his natural position. And he was absolutely atrocious. I really thought the interior line would be improved. It was so awful.

The struggle of the tackles isn't surprising, well, maybe in the run game it is. But there were a dozen snaps where it looked like college guys (GB) playing high school guys.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I will point this out one more time... the Packers stacked their squad more than any other team to beat the schemes that the Seahawks run. Pretty much since thier 2014 draft.

It's why they've been the one of only two teams thus far since 2011 mid-season to give us some of our biggest losses. Falcons being the other.

The score was 17-9 Packers, but we all know the game was pretty much a stalemate. Which I'll take any day going away at Lambeau. Packers got some help from officiating and really were only to capitalize on some really bad Seahawks mistakes and miscues.

Wilson should have took the sack or protect the ball better.

That late substitution was a bad decision.

Their FG made was a foot away from being a miss.

The game looked ugly, but only because it was ultra-competitive... win or lose in those games... imo... is only going to make everyone better in the long run.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I wonder if the is little to no read option because of the difficulty of executing it with RB by committee. It is a very tough thing to do to sync between RB and QB. With so many in backfield complicates it. Before it was just Russell an Lynch.

ptisme

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1afz0hym said:
I will point this out one more time... the Packers stacked their squad more than any other team to beat the schemes that the Seahawks run. Pretty much since thier 2014 draft.

It's why they've been the one of only two teams thus far since 2011 mid-season to give us some of our biggest losses. Falcons being the other.

The score was 17-9 Packers, but we all know the game was pretty much a stalemate. Which I'll take any day going away at Lambeau. Packers got some help from officiating and really were only to capitalize on some really bad Seahawks mistakes and miscues.

Wilson should have took the sack or protect the ball better.

That late substitution was a bad decision.

Their FG made was a foot away from being a miss.

The game looked ugly, but only because it was ultra-competitive... win or lose in those games... imo... is only going to make everyone better in the long run.
Were you watching the same game I was? The Seahawks were badly overmatched offensively by a much improved Packer defense. As a result of this and not being able to stop Rodgers often enough on third down they were doubled up on time of possession... These teams are NOT the same talent wise... Having the best defense and the worst offense in the NFL is not going to win you the super bowl, which is what it's all about... You must have SOME balance...