OC Candidates + Further Questions

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":28h7v2cp said:
seahawkfreak":28h7v2cp said:
OC, Scott Frost prep him for future HC.

This website is more likely to become JaredGoffLovers.net than Scott Frost leaving his dream job to be offensive coordinator of the Seahawks

Agree, figured there were stretches on the thread already and thought I'd throw one in as well.

getnasty

Reaction score
Greg Roman has experience with moblie quarterbacks and has had great rushing attackes at both his stops. His biggest problem is he's never had a quarterback.

Brett

Reaction score
getnasty":347mdka1 said:
Greg Roman has experience with moblie quarterbacks and has had great rushing attackes at both his stops. His biggest problem is he's never had a quarterback.

No thanks, the 9er fans hated him more than we hated Bevell.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I wonder if Peyton Manning would be interested at trying his hand as offensive coordinator? The man has essentially functioned as his own coordinator since the mid 2000s. He obviously has a talent for reading defense, and dissecting them. If we could pay him enough money, he could be an asset to the Seahawk offense, and the development of Russell Wilson.

Bobby Engram is also an interesting possibility. McVay himself was once a TE coach. He spent years under Mike Holmgren's system. He is a great WR coach, and he may be a diamond in the rough as an OC given how technical he was as a player.

Matt Hasselbeck could also be an interesting option. During his last stint as a QB with the Colts the fans referred to him as a mini Peyton Manning. He had no arm strength left, no athleticism, no zip, yet he was able to dictate the game and perform arguably better than Andrew Luck that year. How did he do that? By his mastery of the game. He made a bad line look good with his pocket presence, and took control of the offense at the LOS, much like Peyton did his during his career. He also, like Engram played in an offense that featured both finesse, and run it down your throat styles of play.

Other options could be Sean Ryan, QB coach of the Texans. He did a great job with Watson, and if he can implement a similar offense, that would be ideal for Russ.

Fade

Reaction score
Kubiak would be the best fit. The pass game would finally tie in with the run game. It wouldn't be disjointed anymore. They would run the ball, and boot & roll RW off of it, they would become hard to defend as an entire unit. Instead of just when RW scrambles.

Of available coaches he would be #1 on my list for OC.

The other angle that would make this hire awesome is with Kubiak's resume, Pete could laser his focus on the defense, and get that unit back on track. Kubiak teams run the football so Pete wouldn't have to worry about having to tell his OC to do so

It will be interesting regardless.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Fade":v21r0pmq said:
Kubiak would be the best fit. The pass game would finally tie in with the run game. It wouldn't be disjointed anymore. They would run the ball, and boot & roll RW off of it, they would become hard to defend as an entire unit. Instead of just when RW scrambles.

Of available coaches he would be #1 on my list for OC.

The other angle that would make this hire awesome is with Kubiak's resume, Pete could laser his focus on the defense, and get that unit back on track. Kubiak teams run the football so Pete wouldn't have to worry about having to tell his OC to do so

It will be interesting regardless.

4 superbowls on multiple teams. Bring him in as OC with Peyton Manning as QB coach.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Possible insider Hirers

If Richard leaves.
DC
Michael Barrow
Assistant Head Coach/Defense/Linebackers

O line
Pat Ruel
Assistant Offensive Line

OC
Carl Smith
Quarterbacks

Smith is still listed as a coach. 20 plus years in the league strong ties to Pete.

Pat Ruel 8 years in Seattle and a long time in USC as well

Barrow He is an assistant head coach brought in last year, that title isn't for nothing.

getnasty

Reaction score
Brett":akdv3xd0 said:
getnasty":akdv3xd0 said:

He was run game coordinator in Baltimore this year too. If you can make Alex Collins look good your doing something right.

Fade

Reaction score
If Peyton Manning gets back into the league it will probably be as a GM.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Brett":27r007xz said:
getnasty":27r007xz said:

That sir, is not possible! 8)

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Based on how PC/JS draft, and often grab players that few of us would have on our boards, how will this philosophy carry over to FO staff?

I'm preparing myself to say, "who?" when I hear Pete's choices to fill the vacancies.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
John DeFilippo would be a fantastic hire if he somehow escapes the head coaching search without a job, plus he's young enough that once Pete decides to eventually retire he can slide in as his successor easily. Perhaps that could be a selling point for the Hawks "come here and be our OC for a couple of years and then we'll hand over the keys to the head coach's office in X number of years."

Anchovy of Terror

Reaction score
I’m not sure why people are naming all these current OCs in other franchises, I mean how often do these coaches make lateral moves to a new team with unpredictable results instead of staying in a more stable and predictable situation.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Anchovy of Terror":1jrehr3e said:
I’m not sure why people are naming all these current OCs in other franchises, I mean how often do these coaches make lateral moves to a new team with unpredictable results instead of staying in a more stable and predictable situation.
To get the opportunity to call plays for Russell Wilson. There's not a lot of proven franchise qb's in the game.

getnasty

Reaction score
Anchovy of Terror":taxk5lgf said:

You can add head coaches of top 25 college programs to this list too.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Would Kubiak want to come back to coaching? He's someone whose philosophy seems in-line with Pete. But he's got a sweet gig in Denver's front office.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
nanomoz":2y9n83tg said:
Would Kubiak want to come back to coaching? He's someone whose philosophy seems in-line with Pete. But he's got a sweet gig in Denver's front office.
Didn't Kubiak leave due to health concerns??

I doubt he'll come back.

randomation

Reaction score
getnasty":2h1wch27 said:
Anchovy of Terror":2h1wch27 said:

Top 10 even lols

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
getnasty":wc5ok8h0 said:
Anchovy of Terror":wc5ok8h0 said:

No better opportunity than with a potential perennial SB contender. Getting experience and credit then the chance to become head coach in the future. Maybe even coach of Seahawks when PC retires or gets injured from all the running he does on the sidelines.

Latest posts