Odell Beckham Jr on the trade block

RedAlice

Reaction score
OMG. From zero to sixty.

No more than one first and a later round next year from Rams, anything else is horrifying.

I honestly not sure what I think.

Rumor is 5 years, 100m.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3vvu1t0w said:
Ehh...he'll just end up bangin' Kim and then Kanye will pull up on him at
some metro friendly LA bar and throw a Korg at his kneecaps. Problem solved.

:179417: :179417: :179417:

RedAlice

Reaction score
It must be admitted around here that this is now a different and kinda crazy NFCW with SF loading up and Rams in LA.

Rams used to be your NFCW opponent in St. Louis while you were winning. I member the comments even here in San Diego about this "fly over" country team no one cares about.

That was two years ago.

Cali upstarting.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Count me in as another that wants that trade to happen. Not just for the toxic locker room, but I see a Redskins-like future for the Rams. Other than the 9ers and Steelers, there's no team more deserving of a complete meltdown from their fans.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2f18ci0a said:
Count me in as another that wants that trade to happen. Not just for the toxic locker room, but I see a Redskins-like future for the Rams. Other than the 9ers and Steelers, there's no team more deserving of a complete meltdown from their fans.

Why Rams fans? Just curious.

We haven't even had a winning team to melt down from. And I haven't seen any obnoxious ones.

I am in a bet with a Hawks fan on the other board your posters post at from last year: my bet last year was that Rams would have a winning season this year. I didn't even predict one last year.

I don't know of a fanbase more used to losing other than the Browns maybe.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RedAlice":1o5rafgs said:
MD5eahawks":1o5rafgs said:

We haven't even had a winning team to melt down from. And I haven't seen any obnoxious ones.

I am in a bet with a Hawks fan on the other board your posters post at from last year: my bet last year was that Rams would have a winning season this year. I didn't even predict one last year.

Honestly don't think Rams fans are bad at all. There weren't that many LA fans to begin with ("please come to our games" - Gurley), but I'm sure they'll build a good following as McVay's tenure continues.

Z Man covered it pretty well. I'd add in the Jags as well. Think they had a top five pick five years in a row, which just ended this season. Glad z man mentioned the Raiders. Honestly, prior to 2016 they were the joke of the NFL over even the Browns. No winning season for what, twelve years? The Rams were horrific for a while from 07-2011, but other franchises have been bad for much longer.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
RedAlice":aoe0dl2o said:
MD5eahawks":aoe0dl2o said:

Well, the Rams are a rival, right?
All in good fun. A 'better you than me' approach. All fan bases have great fans. I've said it all along. The few that stand out are the ones that make this sport suck sometimes.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mistaowen":1ctclok3 said:
I'm always in awe watching Odell play football. He is so fast, so fluid in his routes, and has absolutely insane hands. It's everything besides that which should scare every front office. He's a new type of diva in the NFL.
Hyperbole much? He's not that good. :roll:

People listen to the media too much...just because a player gets slobbered all over the way OBJ does, doesn't mean they're worth the hype.

strohmin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ccyjtnc said:
mistaowen":2ccyjtnc said:
I'm always in awe watching Odell play football. He is so fast, so fluid in his routes, and has absolutely insane hands. It's everything besides that which should scare every front office. He's a new type of diva in the NFL.
Hyperbole much? He's not that good. :roll:

People listen to the media too much...just because a player gets slobbered all over the way OBJ does, doesn't mean they're worth the hype.

From what i have seen, he is one of the very few WRs that can make Richard Sherman look silly. If he can learn to keep his cool, he will be even more scary.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
strohmin":1ovavf3h said:
From what i have seen, he is one of the very few WRs that can make Richard Sherman look silly. If he can learn to keep his cool, he will be even more scary.
NFL Network just posted a "top 10 Doug Baldwin catches" video from last season the other day on Facebook, and he made both Patrick Peterson and Josh Norman look silly. What is your point, and where's your evidence regards to your point about Sherman?

ivotuk

Reaction score
I remember a few years back when Vince Young became an Eagle, and they signed all of those high profile players, causing Vince to proclaim it as "The Dream Team."

:kool-aid:

All the Rams F.O. is trying to do is to sell tickets. The average fan falls for this kind of schtick. I hope they sign "OBD." All of those huge personalities on a team with a young coach. :192215:

:204070:

adeltaY

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":14c1yqd5 said:
strohmin":14c1yqd5 said:
NFL Network just posted a "top 10 Doug Baldwin catches" video from last season the other day on Facebook, and he made both Patrick Peterson and Josh Norman look silly. What is your point, and where's your evidence regards to your point about Sherman?

Sherm def struggled against Odell when the Giants came into town in 2014. Here's a video of (I'm guessing) all the targets to Odell when Sherm was covering him. A few of these were definitely zone, so I wouldn't say Sherman was primarily responsible for Odell's every target in the vid. The problem is, I'm sure there are snaps where Odell wasn't targeted where Sherman had him blanketed and some snaps where he had Sherman beat and Manning didn't throw him the ball for whatever reason, but those aren't shown. I will say it's rare to see Sherman beat deep like Odell got him around 0:52.

[youtube]BnsCWOyUgSg[/youtube]

To your Baldwin example, I think he's underrated and a top 10 receiver in the league. Put Baldwin with Brady and he's a monster. I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 1500+ with 12+ TDs if he played for the Pats. Odell is about as good as strohmin says though. There aren't many receivers who defenses are legitimately afraid will house a simple slant on any given play. I do think he drops too many balls though - see wildcard game @ GB. He really hurt the Giants in that game.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I'm not on a kick-a-Sherm, while he is down rant, here, I wish he had kept his witts about him and he would probably still be a Seahawk. Reality is Sherman had been playing at about half his capability for more than the equivelent of a full season prior to finaly blowing his acheles out completely. QB's all knew it and started targeting him more and more. They were realy putting the pressure on him when he went down for the count. Point being that Sherm playing injured did as much good as not, and in that we were able to muster a pretty decent defence. I think that our current defense, with the changes made during the offseason, add Shaquem Griffin, and think we can stop any offence in the NFL. Lets not forget we are talking about Pete Carroll's creation here and nobody does it better. No Fear I Still Believe!

adeltaY

Reaction score
pacific101":2ij9yuje said:
I'm not on a kick-a-Sherm, while he is down rant, here, I wish he had kept his witts about him and he would probably still be a Seahawk. Reality is Sherman had been playing at about half his capability for more than the equivelent of a full season prior to finaly blowing his acheles out completely. QB's all knew it and started targeting him more and more. They were realy putting the pressure on him when he went down for the count. Point being that Sherm playing injured did as much good as not, and in that we were able to muster a pretty decent defence. I think that our current defense, with the changes made during the offseason, add Shaquem Griffin, and think we can stop any offence in the NFL. Lets not forget we are talking about Pete Carroll's creation here and nobody does it better. No Fear I Still Believe!

I don't think this is true. Sherman was playing about as well as he ever was before he got hurt. I think he was allowing something like a 38% completion percentage and a very low passer rating (wish I could find the tweet with these stats). His yards given up per coverage snap were also very low. That was with him avoiding sharp cuts given the hurting achilles. I don't think he was being targeted more either.

SeaChat

Reaction score
adeltaY":hvb1l7hw said:
pacific101":hvb1l7hw said:

I don't think this is true. Sherman was playing about as well as he ever was before he got hurt. I think he was allowing something like a 38% completion percentage and a very low passer rating (wish I could find the tweet with these stats). His yards given up per coverage snap were also very low. That was with him avoiding sharp cuts given the hurting achilles. I don't think he was being targeted more either.

the games are all still available in their entirety, if you subcribe to Game Pass. I don't see any point in making chit up to support my theories or subjective opinions, because it would make it way to easy, for anyone come along and take cheap shots at whatever it is I have to say, and I don't want to make it that easy for someone to just stroll in in here and pick my supporting arguments apart.

I do my homework, and encourage others to do the same, so we don't endup in one of those baseless arguements where someone supposes I'm wrong about some element of my presentation "because they simply want to ignore established facts, and say it ain't so, and nothin else". That is like arguing that the sky is not blue when all the evidence supports that it is. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I'll aways respect that, even when I can't agree. In this instance, case in point, even Sherman admitted that he was playing with damaged goods, for the last half of 2016 and all of what he was able to last of 2017. If he owned it, then why argue it any further?

adeltaY

Reaction score
I do have a Gamepass subscription, but I don't have the time to go through and look at all of Sherman's targets this season. I interpreted his statement as saying he was playing hampered and still at a high level on the damaged achilles, which I found really impressive. The only game I remember him getting tested and beat was the Texans game, but he got two picks as well.

From what I can tell, there's no way to access targets, receptions, yards, TDs given up, etc. without paying for PFF or some other stat collector site so it's difficult to be objective. The best I can find is this stat that had him at #3 in yards conceded as of 10/16/17, which was just a couple weeks before he got hurt.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke/status/919941281937350656[/tweet]

Latest posts