Offense

Cartire

Reaction score
Good old sunny sky's. I'm glad pouring rain wasn't a factor.

Or was it, you couch coaches?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If your entire gameplan goes out the window when you lose a player that was injured all year and tend to get injured in every game, you should be shot in the knee.

That was a crap effort by an incompetent offensive staff.

I knew Harvin wasn't making it through the game, why wouldn't they?

keasley45

Reaction score
Cartire":1xnno2l4 said:
Good old sunny sky's. I glad pouring rain wasn't a factor.

would buy this if not for the fact that we actually were more effective in the crap weather in the first half. N'orleans seemed to have no issues after the half.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3kgjiz70 said:
If your entire gameplan goes out the window when you lose a player that was injured all year and tend to get injured in every game, you should be shot in the knee.

Jesus would you stop with the Harvin hate? The guy took two wicked hits today and still was a factor. How about shutting your mouth and just hoping he can play next week?

PryorFamily

Reaction score
HawkGANG":tmemkuls said:
TwistedHusky":tmemkuls said:

Jesus would you stop with the Harvin hate? The guy took two wicked hits today and still was a factor. How about shutting your mouth and just hoping he can play next week?

Boom. This. Double boom.

We are HOSTING the NFC championship game and people are still mad. That's the problem with bandwagoners. No context.

keasley45

Reaction score
HawkGANG":2xgl2erq said:
TwistedHusky":2xgl2erq said:

i dont think he was 'hating' harvin. I love the dude, think he's tough as nails, but was expecting he might have some complications related to his hip and not make it through the whole game. Poster might have had the same feeling.

Cartire

Reaction score
keasley45":3qqy86tu said:
HawkGANG":3qqy86tu said:
TwistedHusky":3qqy86tu said:

i dont think he was 'hating' harvin. I love the dude, think he's tough as nails, but was expecting he might have some complications related to his hip and not make it through the whole game. Poster might have had the same feeling.

This had nothing to do with his hip. Did no one else see the bounty in his head? Saints were scared and took some cheap shots.

ariel9302

Reaction score
Cartire":1y8819h0 said:
Good old sunny sky's. I'm glad pouring rain wasn't a factor.

on the sunniest day playing against the jaguars in an exhibition game i wouldn't have called a 3rd down and 9 as a marshawn lynch slant route. but yeah i am just a dumbass couch coach i guess. i mean the patriots are always calling 3rd and 9's with shane vereen split out wide for a slant route, right?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
How is that Harvin hate?

Harvin did a good job today.

But even the announcers mentioned that the first few games back end up being ones you need to "get used to hits". Add to that Harvin was a target, they were trying to level with hard hits, the question is why was our offensive staff sure that Harvin would or could last the game when normal players need time to adjust to the contact?

That isn't a knock on Harvin.

He didn't really make much difference today, but if he plays next week and wins it, maybe then.

As it is, the hatred is strictly on the OC. But only an idiot would have put a gameplan together depending on a guy that hasn't been healthy the whole year and might not still be.

But you are right, Harvin needs to earn his paycheck too. I don't care how "tough" he is, because he isn't. He is paid to catch passes and score touchdowns and he is barely doing any of either.

He has one more game to prove he isn't worthless. So far, he has been a non-factor, which means that an OC that bases his offensive gameplan on a guy that has been a nonfactor is a moron. It isn't an excuse to say "Our oft-injured WR was out so our entire offense fell apart because I did not make contigency plans".

keasley45

Reaction score
PryorFamily":177gu8c5 said:
HawkGANG":177gu8c5 said:
TwistedHusky":177gu8c5 said:

Boom. This. Double boom.

We are HOSTING the NFC championship game and people are still mad. That's the problem with bandwagoners. No context.

Boom? Really? and bandwagoners? there are some, like me, who have been fans for a long time and arent just gonna celebrate blindly just because the team got a W. I'm as hardcore a hawks fan as they come, have been since 1981, every year, every game for 33 years which is maybe why it pisses me off when the team that i love and bleed blue and green for might not go as far as they should because of the incompetence of one Darrel Bevell. i hope with everything i am that they manage to overcome his shortcomings and win it all anyway.

keasley45

Reaction score
Cartire":2wk6p28d said:
keasley45":2wk6p28d said:
HawkGANG":2wk6p28d said:
TwistedHusky":2wk6p28d said:

This had nothing to do with his hip. Did no one else see the bounty in his head? Saints were scared and took some cheap shots.

didnt say him going out had anything to do with his hip. i was simply saying that like hawkGang, before kick-off, i was thinking he might not be available for the whole game. and like hawkgang stated, why would you NOT have a contingency plan in place in the event that a player who hasnt played all year because he was hurt cant go 100% or needs to sit / cant finish the game?