Offensive Line Follies -- Telling GIF's from the Cards Game

Sealake80

Reaction score
Shit. I hope they can turn this crap around fast. The line looks looooooooost on these plays.

mrt144

Reaction score
hawk45":28mlr47c said:
I'm sure the line will put together a good performance against a crappy DL and we'll all be fooled into thinking it's on the upswing, but it never will be under Cable.

Gilliam was the answer last year. Regressed. Glowinski was supposed to be a solid player. Either regressed or never had it. Ifedi looked okay until Cable got his hooks into him. Fant...why should his career arc be any different than Gilliam's? Guy who shows some promise and athleticism who can't put it together with consistency because he's a project convert. If Fant is to have any chance it can't be Cable mentoring him.

And if Cable does by some miracle manage to create an NFL starter, they won't clearly be worth a second contract leaving us to start over at the position. It's utter accident that Britt of all players looks like he might buck that trend. Cable didn't spy Britt's awesome center talent when no one else did. Cable as usual picked a player who sucked at tackle, sucked at guard, and in this case somehow didn't suck at center. Give credit to Cable I guess but this doesn't seem like a reproducible approach. Nothing about Cable's approach seems consistent or reproducible.

I wonder if the rest of the league thinks Britt is a success or if the Seahawks even chance him in the open market.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Foghawk":3ptv1wxo said:

This pisses me off and makes me sick to my stomach.

Then Russ has to go to the press conference and say something nice about the Oline to not hurt anyone's feelings :pukeface:

WTF was Ifedi doing in the 'who should I block' GIF.... block NINETY F'G EIGHT

I hate this line soooo much.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
SHOCKER315":15kirmgo said:
cymatica":15kirmgo said:
SHOCKER315":15kirmgo said:
Cable is not the problem!!

The gifs clearly show the Oline blocking their "zones" just as they are taught to do. The problem is those undisciplined Cardinals aren't in their correct zones! Can't blame Cable or the Oline for that!

But don't worry guys, help is around the corner... I hear Cable has convinced the Hawks to bring in Kevin Love, Draymond Green, and Serge Ibaka for try outs next year. In addition, there are some great defensive tackles in the draft which would fit perfectly in Cables developmental style. After Cable has trained them up to be adequate NFL lineman (in a few seasons), we can let them walk to other teams so they have to pay the typical Olinemans' salary. Ha Ha... Suckers!!

Meanwhile we can simply draft unproven D-lineman and basketball players and pay them a pittance. Once RW fully heals from his freak injuries (that no one could have predicted), they won't need to block anyway. Russell can easily cartwheel out of any 4 man rush.. so long as the RB's, WR, and TE are chip blocking. So in the end it doesn't really matter.

Don't worry, just trust the process. It brilliant! ;)

I'm laughing and crying at the same time for how funny and true this is

I forgot to add PC/Bevell's 2016 "Ten-Point Plan for Winning Offense":

1. Forget the run game early on. No need to establish it. Besides our undersized RB's are best used for chip blocking against 300 pound defensive tackles.

2. Run play action passes with long developing routes off the un-established run game.

3. Keep the TE's in for additional chip blocking on these play action passes, or use them decoys, (especially if we are in the red zone).

4. Always target the slowest WR who gets the least separation (typically Kearse).

5. Allow RW to be sacked and hurried multiple time in the first half. This has the effect of baiting the defense into being overly aggressive.

6. Go into halftime down multiple scores.

-------Halftime--- (Give speech about how game can't be won in the first three quarters)

7. In the 3rd quarter.... repeat steps 1-5.

8. 4th quarter.... SPRING THE TRAP!! Start running read option every play. Opposing defenses will be exhausted from sacking RW all day, (thanks to step 5). This enables RW to scramble for first downs with ease on every QB keeper or roll out. Throw to Jimmy Graham for the first time, (usually results in a remarkably easy TD to get you back in the game); and target Baldwin on all hectic scramble drills, quick outs, and switch routes up the sideline. Run at least one trick play involving a reverse-pass. Go up tempo for the first time.

9. KEY FACET: Ignore Kearse throughout most of the 4th quarter.... By this time the opposing defense is playing prevent, and has lost any respect for Kearse as a player. Typically, late in the game they will put their worst DB playing 30 yards off him with no help over the top.

10A. If by the late 4th quarter Hawks have regained lead, dither around on offense. No need to extend lead. Get some false starts, holding penalties, or the old standby... OPI by Kearse. Our defense will keep the opposing O out of FG range, guaranteed... book-it.

10B: If still trailing in 4th with less than a minute left, unleash Kearse on a hail-mary. The unsuspecting defense will be stunned by the sheer brashness of entrusting the most important play of the game to him. If on the 1 yard line to win the game... don't run it... too risky. Throw it to Kearse, or perhaps the gunner on the punt team for the win. Should the goal line play fail ...no problem... clock is stopped.

Bring "Hauschka-Money" for the easy chip shot game winner!!

BOOM CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Guys, this is a revolutionary offensive game planning...we are just too blind to see it. :0190l:

I dare, I BEG someone to refute this!
LMOA x SMFH!!!

sdog1981

Reaction score
From 1997-2010 Cable was fired in three years or less at every stop. I'm just a fan like you guys BUT his last 6 football bosses fired him with a quickness. One of them was Al Davis.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Hmmm...our OLine had 3 backups playing - a backup guard at RT , a swing T/G at LT and a rookie C at RG - as our two starting tackles and the primary backup tackle, plus our starting RG were all on IR/out. And they still looked better than your OLine.

I think you have a legitimate complaint against this Cable guy.

Foghawk

Reaction score
I laugh at this every time i watch it, I think I count 18 players in that pile.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/813856167768326144[/tweet]

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The team is great guys, don't question the process.

We're going to peak at the right time.

This is a championship opportunity

One game at a time.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Foghawk":1yhtfir6 said:
I laugh at this every time i watch it, I think I count 18 players in that pile.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/813856167768326144[/tweet]

After rewatching you have Britt and Ifedi going after one guy and Glow getting a poor block that allowed a defender to hit Russell in the mouth.

Ifedi's lack of knowledge on who to block is alarming.

I'm not sure how Cable has his job, really, this is a joke.

djb28

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2lp4i3zz said:
My apologies first of all if this has already been posted. I heard about these a couple of days ago, but just got around to looking at them. They say a picture tells a 1000 words, and these GIF's most certainly tell the story of where this Seahawks Offensive Line is at ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/814483546488393728[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/814484208295038977[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/814485616666742784[/tweet]

As my Norwegian grandmother used to say ... Uff-Da! [Shaking my head in disgust]

How do they go into film study and not just get laughed at? Seriously?

onepicknick

Reaction score
mrt144":3buy25zt said:
Largent80":3buy25zt said:
Kinda fed up with the zone blocking system myself, especially with this group of "players".

Cable can hit the streets, tired of having a crap o line year after year.

A crap line that seemingly gets worse year after year.

Seriously the only thing that made the OL look good was Lynch no wonder he retired could you imagine what his numbers would of been just with a decent line.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
mrt144":kpmkjve0 said:
Again Fant seems to be the only one gets an effective block on anyone and that guy is purposefully playing contain.

Fant was directly involved on three of Wilson's sacks against the Cardinals. You can see that on tape yourself in the highlight reels, for two of them. On the third (the goal-line sack), I'm trusting Andy Benoit that Fant was the one who missed the assignment.

Fant and Ifedi are being rookies. Glowinski is being a redshirt rookie. Right tackle has no excuse.

The nice part?

We were saying all the same stuff about Justin Britt in 2014 and 2015. #hope

Smellyman

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":7p43mbfv said:
cymatica":7p43mbfv said:
SHOCKER315":7p43mbfv said:
Cable is not the problem!!

The gifs clearly show the Oline blocking their "zones" just as they are taught to do. The problem is those undisciplined Cardinals aren't in their correct zones! Can't blame Cable or the Oline for that!

But don't worry guys, help is around the corner... I hear Cable has convinced the Hawks to bring in Kevin Love, Draymond Green, and Serge Ibaka for try outs next year. In addition, there are some great defensive tackles in the draft which would fit perfectly in Cables developmental style. After Cable has trained them up to be adequate NFL lineman (in a few seasons), we can let them walk to other teams so they have to pay the typical Olinemans' salary. Ha Ha... Suckers!!

Meanwhile we can simply draft unproven D-lineman and basketball players and pay them a pittance. Once RW fully heals from his freak injuries (that no one could have predicted), they won't need to block anyway. Russell can easily cartwheel out of any 4 man rush.. so long as the RB's, WR, and TE are chip blocking. So in the end it doesn't really matter.

Don't worry, just trust the process. It brilliant! ;)

I'm laughing and crying at the same time for how funny and true this is

I forgot to add PC/Bevell's 2016 "Ten-Point Plan for Winning Offense":

1. Forget the run game early on. No need to establish it. Besides our undersized RB's are best used for chip blocking against 300 pound defensive tackles.

2. Run play action passes with long developing routes off the un-established run game.

3. Keep the TE's in for additional chip blocking on these play action passes, or use them decoys, (especially if we are in the red zone).

4. Always target the slowest WR who gets the least separation (typically Kearse).

5. Allow RW to be sacked and hurried multiple time in the first half. This has the effect of baiting the defense into being overly aggressive.

6. Go into halftime down multiple scores.

-------Halftime--- (Give speech about how game can't be won in the first three quarters)

7. In the 3rd quarter.... repeat steps 1-5.

8. 4th quarter.... SPRING THE TRAP!! Start running read option every play. Opposing defenses will be exhausted from sacking RW all day, (thanks to step 5). This enables RW to scramble for first downs with ease on every QB keeper or roll out. Throw to Jimmy Graham for the first time, (usually results in a remarkably easy TD to get you back in the game); and target Baldwin on all hectic scramble drills, quick outs, and switch routes up the sideline. Run at least one trick play involving a reverse-pass. Go up tempo for the first time.

9. KEY FACET: Ignore Kearse throughout most of the 4th quarter.... By this time the opposing defense is playing prevent, and has lost any respect for Kearse as a player. Typically, late in the game they will put their worst DB playing 30 yards off him with no help over the top.

10A. If by the late 4th quarter Hawks have regained lead, dither around on offense. No need to extend lead. Get some false starts, holding penalties, or the old standby... OPI by Kearse. Our defense will keep the opposing O out of FG range, guaranteed... book-it.

10B: If still trailing in 4th with less than a minute left, unleash Kearse on a hail-mary. The unsuspecting defense will be stunned by the sheer brashness of entrusting the most important play of the game to him. If on the 1 yard line to win the game... don't run it... too risky. Throw it to Kearse, or perhaps the gunner on the punt team for the win. Should the goal line play fail ...no problem... clock is stopped.

Bring "Hauschka-Money" for the easy chip shot game winner!!

BOOM CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Guys, this is a revolutionary offensive game planning...we are just too blind to see it. :0190l:

Post of the Year

Redsand187

Reaction score
hgwellz12":31lnyjb0 said:
MrThortan":31lnyjb0 said:
The silver lining in this years O-Line being among the worst in the league is something will finally be done to make them better... right? Right guys? Next years line will at least be average? Guys?

Only if OG Paul Allen calls Pete & JS into the office & lays down the law.

The bad thing there is Paul Allen has so much bigger and more important stuff he is doing both on a business and charity level that I don't think an NFL team is high on his list of priorities. As horrible as the OL looks, the team is still walking into the playoffs without much contention.

I would expect the team to have to really nose-dive before Paul Allen becomes the one to force changes. He's not the typical NFL team owner, hell, he didn't even really want the team to begin with. It's obvious based on his history and future plans, he's into big things, things much bigger and more complex than football, so you can't really expect him to really devote that much of his time to it.

I think football to him, is like football to 99.9% of NFL viewers, it's an interesting sport to watch, but the rest of the week, life goes on with more important things to focus on. He's just so freakin' rich that instead of buying tickets like you or I might, he buys a team and pays for the majority of a stadium.

Latest posts