Officals for Saturday's games

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Just wondering if teams have meetings to discuss different refs? Like DB coaches saying " this guy calls 'em tight, watch your hands".

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There will be bad calls against Seattle down in Dallas . So just expect it and understand that the powers that be will not want us to win down there. I fully expect Seattle to get hosed . I really hope i'm wrong but I've seen it happen far to often over the decades to be optimistic about the officials.

lukerguy

Reaction score
At least it's not whoever refed the Seahawks/49ers game.

Also, I believe the crews are somewhat of a mixture in the playoffs. It's not quite "all star" crews but I think I read that it's a mixture.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Here it is. Only two of Anderson's normal crew are there:

R 66 Walt Anderson 23 Texas former college officiating coordinator, retired dentist*
U 124 Carl Paganelli 19 Anderson Michigan State retired federal probation officer*
DJ 24 David Oliver 2 Parry Baker information systems manager
LJ 108 Gary Arthur 22 Cheffers Wright State president, commercial printing company
FJ 43 Terry Brown 13 Anderson Tennessee probation supervisor
SJ 29 Adrian Hill 9 Wrolstad Buffalo software engineer
BJ 93 Scott Helverson 16 Wrolstad Iowa sales, printing and promotions

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3uokmrnt said:
There will be bad calls against Seattle down in Dallas . So just expect it and understand that the powers that be will not want us to win down there. I fully expect Seattle to get hosed . I really hope i'm wrong but I've seen it happen far to often over the decades to be optimistic about the officials.

The Packers played the Cowboys in Dallas in January 2017 for a playoff game. The Cowboys were the #1 seed, the Packers were penalized 3 times for 25 yards. The Cowboys 6 for 50.

I know we've had some bad reffed games but I think people assuming the NFL has a conspiracy to help Dallas is silly.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I think both threads say more about fan psychology than whether these refs will be or are fair.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1xw8nmsa said:
Northwest Seahawk":1xw8nmsa said:

The Packers played the Cowboys in Dallas in January 2017 for a playoff game. The Cowboys were the #1 seed, the Packers were penalized 3 times for 25 yards. The Cowboys 6 for 50.

I know we've had some bad reffed games but I think people assuming the NFL has a conspiracy to help Dallas is silly.

Tenor

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":i60qxmjg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/1080553020633411584[/tweet]
Aaron Levine is my favorite “sports guy” in this town for several reasons, but he is missing the point.

It’s less about hurting Seattle and more about helping *allas.
Re-watch the Saints/Cowboys game about a month ago for exhibit A.

Maybe I’m Cuckoo for coco puffs on this subject but......
I’d be extremely surprised if officiating wasn’t a deciding factor in this game.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1bx78uiu said:
WestcoastSteve":1bx78uiu said:
Northwest Seahawk":1bx78uiu said:

Tenor

I thought we were supposed to keep politics out of these threads and the man is a proven liar so not the best person to try and make a point with.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":15vx4c2j said:
Northwest Seahawk":15vx4c2j said:

We'll see and I hope your right but to pretend the refs don't decide games intentionally or not is naive at best.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3825ra5t said:
WestcoastSteve":3825ra5t said:
Northwest Seahawk":3825ra5t said:

We'll see and I hope your right but to pretend the refs don't decide games intentionally or not is naive at best.

I think they try to do their best job. In the age of social media there is no getting away from a blown call.

So easy on the paranoia

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It will be a factor anytime you play Dallas. That being said, just play better and win the damn game.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
lukerguy":3n5ev34w said:

Also, I believe the crews are somewhat of a mixture in the playoffs. It's not quite "all star" crews but I think I read that it's a mixture.

That was little Hocholuci (spelling?) The worst part about that game is it looked like he just did a horrible job trying to hide the directive. His dad probably told him if he was going to steer a game, he needed to be more discreet about it.

I'll be keeping an eye and probably not so open mind in games he ref's in the future.

I actually liked his dad. He seemed to try and actually ref a good game most of the time ( his last couple years not as much) and at one point came out and owned his mistake that cost a team a game. Weird thing though was even as probably the most respected official by fans, he rarely officiated playoff games and I don't think ever a super bowl.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3rbsik7r said:
lukerguy":3rbsik7r said:

That was little Hocholuci (spelling?) The worst part about that game is it looked like he just did a horrible job trying to hide the directive. His dad probably told him if he was going to steer a game, he needed to be more discreet about it.

I'll be keeping an eye and probably not so open mind in games he ref's in the future.

I actually liked his dad. He seemed to try and actually ref a good game most of the time ( his last couple years not as much) and at one point came out and owned his mistake that cost a team a game. Weird thing though was even as probably the most respected official by fans, he rarely officiated playoff games and I don't think ever a super bowl.

Hocholi headed SB 32 and 38 actually. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hochuli

Regarding Walt Anderson, this is not an ideal situation even with a mixed crew. The NO-Dal game was just terrible. We have to have a 2 score lead Sat in the 4th so Walt and co cannot have a game changing impact.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Thet let them play until Hawks inercepted the ball in the endzo ne, then...penalty city. Again. See you next August.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
AubHawk71":1aot3ypo said:
Thet let them play until Hawks inercepted the ball in the endzo ne, then...penalty city. Again. See you next August.

On balance the officiating was pretty good.

kJ didnt even protest his, colemans was obvious

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
AubHawk71":ft1oaykh said:
It was good until the end when it mattered most.

We shouldn't have made those stupid penalties. And I think we got away with one on the KJ interception.

James in PA

Reaction score
Refs weren’t a huge factor at all. Thank goodness. A little tricky tack on those 2 late Seattle penalties. But they could have gotten KJ on that int. The refs weren’t the reason we lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk