*OFFICIAL* - DeBoer headed to Alabama

jeremiah

Reaction score

I hope not, but who wants to fly 3500 miles to play Conference games? Who wants to play for a team from WA, that plays 5-6 games where most people cannot afford to attend...families I am thinking of.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Knew this would happen after the chick who was the AD who hired KD left for USC.

Reality is, Seattle has no staying power.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Nick Saban was getting $11 million a year. UW is paying DeBoer $4.2 million a year. Who can walk away from getting $7 million more? Plus I suppose the main advantage you have at Alabama is the ability to recruit better.
Lol. Youre living a life worth much more than $11M at Alabama. It wasn't just about money. Dude has keys to the state now.

GemCity

Reaction score
As an OSU guy, and honorary Huskie as I’m associated with you fine folks, this gives me yet another reason to despise Alabama.

This hatred started 20 something years ago in a bar. I was sitting adjacent to a loudmouth, keg guzzling, dicky-doo gut ridden, 12 cheeseburger eating, cutoff LL Bean flannel wearing, alligator boot wearing, unkept beard face, 8 toothed (half rotten), tobacco spitting, cousin marrying, Alabama fan (slob) who was banging on the table because their RB ran out of bounds near the 8 yard line with 2 minutes left on the clock. They were up 60 something to 3 as they were playing some small school.

Since then….I’ve looked at that entire state as the armpit of America.

It’s bad to generalize but yah…screw that program.

NoGain

Reaction score
On a purely emotional level as a die-hard Husky fan...this sucked donkey balls. Softy Mahler (UW super fan and KJR radio host) summed it up perfectly for me as a UW fan...

"One thing I will NEVER SAY AGAIN:

" __________ could be the next Don James...I promise you I will never say that again."

getnasty

Reaction score
UW fans thinking they have the same resources as the Texas and Bama's of the world is funny.

NoGain

Reaction score
UW fans thinking they have the same resources as the Texas and Bama's of the world is funny.
No UW fan that isn't living in fairy tale land thinks such a thing. But we certainly are a strong second tier division one football team when things are going reasonably well. The Husky alumni base ponied up 300 million dollars for the renovation of Husky stadium and even more for all the sports facilities on the campus fairly recently. They also ponied up NIL money here to keep the team intact that finished 2nd in the nation just recently.

There's all kinds of Microsoft money and other money floating around these here parts. We're not chopped liver.

NoGain

Reaction score
The more I think about it, and as crazy as it may sound, why the effing not PC to UW? He's right here. He's beloved here. He's a legendary coach. He's a recruiting savant. I'm not saying for the long haul. But who could be better for them than PC to hold the fort and create a huge national buzz?

Am I crazy for thinking this? Probably...

getnasty

Reaction score
No UW fan that isn't living in fairy tale land thinks such a thing. But we certainly are a strong second tier division one football team when things are going reasonably well. The Husky alumni base ponied up 300 million dollars for the renovation of Husky stadium and even more for all the sports facilities on the campus fairly recently. They also ponied up NIL money here to keep the team intact that finished 2nd in the nation just recently.

There's all kinds of Microsoft money and other money floating around these here parts. We're not chopped liver.

Your not wrong it's just not the same playing field and it's ruined college football.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It was reported on multiple sports media outlets if you do an internet search it will light up like a Christmas tree

one rumor about why he turned down the job he had promised his wife he wouldn’t accept any other jobs in order to keep their family in 1 spot

I did do a search. There is not one article confirming Lanning was offered the job. Hell, there isn't even an article confirming he interviewed for it.

All I see are articles where Lanning stated he isn't leaving Oregon. That doesn't mean he was offered or interviewed.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Umm...no. They kept Penix, Odunze, and others with their NIL money. UW's alumni donor base isn't chopped liver.

Umm...no. They kept Penix, Odunze, and others with their NIL money. UW's alumni donor base isn't chopped liver.
It’s been widely reported by people who know, the AD left because the lack of support/budget for recruiting and overall NIL . Paying 3 guys isn’t the same as paying everyone.

What UW should do, is pay Shaw to come out of retirement. He did a great job recruiting even at Stanford with very little support. If he is refreshed he is a winner.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is probably not going to be as bad as we think.
We know he is a winner.
But he isn't a good recruiter (he works the portal better than anyone though) and I am not sure I am excited about another year of Inge.
It hurts us, but with so many NFL coaches losing jobs this is a great opportunity to bring in an exNFL coach and have them lure kids here with the expectation he will prepare them for the NFL.
The killer is that we have little to nothing in the recruiting pipeline and the portal is going to suck a lot of talent from us.

But newflash, we weren't going to be good next year EVEN IF KALEN stayed.

We were starting in a new conference, with a new travel schedule, new QB, half our offensive production players gone. We get to play in an easier conference, true, but that additional travel would take a toll.
Probably would have been scratching for a minor bowl game, if that. So at least now we have a good excuse why we might not do well next year.

Also:
I heard from people in Alabama that Kalen was meeting with Bama in Houston to start discussing contracts. If that is true, we dodged a bullet.
We also don't know what he looks like without Penix. We do know in the games Penix struggled or had bad games, he either lost or almost lost. (But you can give him credit for overcoming adversity on that too).
Admittedly, with Kalen MAYBE we had a good run to the CFP every few years. But we didn't lose the next Don James.
He will probably fail at Bama, and then if you want him you can try to lure him back.

schkoot

Reaction score
It's surprising that Texas/TAMU isn't better considering how rich they are. Honestly the PNW could shit all over Alabama football with free cash if they wanted to. We are only barely third place vs oil-money-Texas and the SF bay area for wealth.

Bama wouldn't be shit if big $$$ peeps cared more here. And I think they will soon.

Msfann

Reaction score
I hope he fails and Alabama sucks and fires his ass. What a chode.

Latest posts