Official .NET Seahawks Schedule Links

jake206

Reaction score
Actually the worrisome game is not the Packers game, but the Rams and Lions. There could be alot of injuries, esp. on O-line front. I was hoping we'd get defensive-minded teams later in the season. But I guess that's football.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Love the bye week placement.
Love that Dallas is later in season(personal reasons)
Over all I think it's OK. Could be worse. I refuse to complain about it.
GoHawks

Joey13091

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":3sl11xyx said:
SeatownJay":3sl11xyx said:
Bye week right in the middle of the season, 5 of the final eight games at home, five national night games (1 Thursday, 1 Monday, 3 Sunday). I have no complaints.

And add to that only two 10AM games...not too bad at all.

Seanhawk":3sl11xyx said:
Yoonhawk":3sl11xyx said:
SeatownJay":3sl11xyx said:
Bye week right in the middle of the season, 5 of the final eight games at home, five national night games (1 Thursday, 1 Monday, 3 Sunday). I have no complaints.

And add to that only two 10AM games...not too bad at all.

I actually like this schedule. Only 3 10 am games. 5 prime time games. Only thing I would like is a home game first week.

pmedic920

Reaction score
dc5d1816ad58916c61bff70a5f0e32b1.jpg

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Those fretting about strength of schedule... keep in mind the seasons rarely mirror each other year to year.. some of the stronger teams will fall back

I like this schedule a lot. Maybe the 5 months of prep time for the Rams will help them against the fake punt/fake FG's too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I want to whine........there is no game where the temperature is desert heat hot...180f or more. I dont think it is fair to the other teams. He he he. :sarcasm_off:

Dallas

Jacksonville.....

rideaducati

Reaction score
So far, I see the Seahawks get the niners and the stealers when they are coming off a bye.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Second half looks good. 5/8 last games at home. Lots of prime time games. Mid season bye. Better schedule than last year imo.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Only thing I see that's a little disconcerting is going to St. Louis then again across to Green Bay

raisethe3

Reaction score
MrThortan":1nlhtjn1 said:
Second half looks good. 5/8 last games at home. Lots of prime time games. Mid season bye. Better schedule than last year imo.

Pretty much agreed. Only gripe is that SF Thursday night away game again. :roll: Didn't the Hawks had it in 2012 too?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So my initial analysis suggests only three weeks when the games definitely won't be on TV in my area, nine weeks when they definitely will be, and five maybes.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1vywivcw said:
Only thing I see that's a little disconcerting is go to St. Louis then again across to Green Bay

I think I read on this site that if that is the case, the team stays over on that area of the country and practices in that timezone for the week. Someone here said that last season.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think this is a good schedule:

> 5 primetime games.
> Bye week split mid-season.
> Division Games more spread out.

@Rams And @Packers is a good start.

Rams have a great defense, and they always play tough, every time the Seahawks go there, they usually come out stronger.

I'm not worried about Fishers coaching, I feel Carroll knowing he has the Rams week 1 will be preparing his ST all summer for that matchup as opposed to a week.

And the best part is the Rams DLine vs the Seahawks Oline. Great battle that the Seahawks will likely be on the losing side of but it's something they can learn from and who knows maybe it will be a trial of progression and a great test to show the Seahawks have improved as a unit.

I hate the double road games But the NFL has been doing that to them the last three years. And it's a great way to build that Championship mindset and Play-Off mentality.

Winning on the road is hard as is. And gets tougher against quality opponents. If you don't win the conference you're likely going to have to win on the road at least once and likely 2-3 times if your a lower seed.

So while the three double road games look tough, I trust they'll actually help prepare the team better in the long run.

Seahawks are capable of beating any team, any where, a hard schedule could be a blessing in disguise to keep everyone invested in that Champuonship, Win Forever mindset.

kearly

Reaction score
Like:

Body clock. Only three 10 am starts, and two of them are against teams with losing records last year. The schedule-makers were very kind to give Seattle afternoon starts for Dallas and a home game for Pittsburgh. Green Bay and Baltimore are primetime games, which is a big deal as they are arguably the two most formidable opponents on the schedule and now body clock will favor Seattle in those games.

Primetime games. Five is a nice number, and two of them are at home. Always love seeing road games go primetime since Seattle is historically so good in that time slot.

Bye placement. It's basically right about where you'd want it.

Getting the Arizona home game after a bye week.

Ambivalent:

Opening at Rams at 10am. The Rams are a dangerous team to face in wacky week one, like the Cardinals in 2012. Still, season openers almost have a mini-bye week before them since the preseason ends on a Thursday, and it will give Pete Carroll essentially five months to plan for his first game against Jeff Fisher. I always like to open at home since you never want to start a season 0-1 or 0-2, but I like having some challenging games at the start when Seattle is healthy and focused. Seattle has been a pretty good team in September even against some tough opponents.

Dislike:

The fourth strongest SoS in the NFL, and nearly all the tough non-division opponents are on the road. That wasn't determined today obviously, but it still sucks.

Getting Cincy at 10am after a short week.

Getting Dallas and Green Bay, the two biggest challengers in the NFC, on the road after playing tough road games the week before.

Getting the Arizona road game in week 17. I like ending the year at home so that the team doesn't have to travel the week before the playoffs start. Even with a bye week, it's nice having that little extra bit of rest. And of course, it would really suck if the division came down to a road game in that stadium.

Overall:

It's not perfect, but I like this schedule for the simple reason that Seattle only plays one good team at 10am. It's still a brutal schedule, but it looks less daunting today than it did yesterday.

seabowl

Reaction score
From November 2nd to December 5th we don't leave the state of WA. 33 days baby!!!!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":12r67qtt said:
seahawkfreak":12r67qtt said:
Only thing I see that's a little disconcerting is go to St. Louis then again across to Green Bay

I think I read on this site that if that is the case, the team stays over on that area of the country and practices in that timezone for the week. Someone here said that last season.

Some teams HAVE done that, but the Seahawks have gone to the East coast two consecutive weeks and have returned home in between. Green Bay and St. Louis aren't on the East coast, so I expect them to go home between the two games.