OFFICIAL: Seahawks have traded Kearse to Jets for Richardson

Chapow

Reaction score
iigakusei":2qqohbki said:
http://turnonthejets.com/2017/08/new-york-jets-film-room-sheldon-richardson-preseason-summary/

Oh my GAWD! I want to see this^^^ Sheldon Richardson playing for the Seahawks soooo bad. Dude looks straight up dominant.

Osprey

Reaction score
bigskydoc":k8en12iw said:

Pretty sure that was in response to seeing this:

Olivia-Munn-Turks-Caicos-Vacation-Rental.jpg

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1cr1qa86 said:
bmorepunk":1cr1qa86 said:
I didn't know Kearse would be reasonably valuable to anyone. I like the guy and appreciate what he has done, but it seems like the Jets front office is high on peyote.

The Jets are rebuilding. They traded for our 2nd Rd pick, make no mistake. Kearse only sweetened the pot.

I look at Kearse as salary dump part of the deal. We threw in Kearse just to save more money on the cap instead of cutting him.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":dxifscwp said:
http://turnonthejets.com/2017/08/new-york-jets-film-room-sheldon-richardson-preseason-summary/
NICE!! That is a mean man.

Own The West

Reaction score
Rat":lm73yjn8 said:
Own The West":lm73yjn8 said:
If we don't resign Richardson, we lose a 3rd and (probably) comp a 3rd.
If we do resign him, then we lose a 2nd to have Bennett's eventual replacement and depth while (if) McDowell matures.

Where are you seeing that it's conditional? I'm seeing second rounder everywhere.

This thread. I could be wrong. Either way, we lose a pick in the 60s and either lock up a stud DL to keep our core strong until 2020 or we get comped a pick in the 70s. That's a can't miss scenario!

Erebus

Reaction score
Own The West":2tgv1iso said:
Rat":2tgv1iso said:
Own The West":2tgv1iso said:
If we don't resign Richardson, we lose a 3rd and (probably) comp a 3rd.
If we do resign him, then we lose a 2nd to have Bennett's eventual replacement and depth while (if) McDowell matures.

Where are you seeing that it's conditional? I'm seeing second rounder everywhere.

This thread. I could be wrong. Either way, we lose a pick in the 60s and either lock up a stud DL to keep our core strong until 2020 or we get comped a pick in the 70s. That's a can't miss scenario!

Comp picks start at 97.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Another one of Jermaine's many gifts to the seahawks,good luck,thank you,maybe we'll see you again !!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
YESSSS!!!DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!GO HAWKS!!!(Drops mike)

Rflagg

Reaction score
I didn't hate Kearse or anything, but damn this looks like a huge win of a trade for us. :icon_new: I am excited to see Richardson in a hawks uniform and Hope he will add some consistent pressure up the middle.

RW92

Reaction score
Finally I'm loving what I see for our defense. I say let Rubin go or get what you can in a trade with the hopes that McDowell can return later in the season. It's a long season. Remember that and we need all the fresh bodies moving towards January.

RW92

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1cvtw9d8 said:
Excellent.

Edit -- now bring in Aaron Donald :stirthepot:

If we got Aaron Donald, I truly would believe in Santa Claus.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The thing with Richardson is that he was disgruntled last year with the Jets so he didn't play well. He's also had some immaturity issues in feuding with Brandon Marshall and saying some dumb things on twitter. I hope Pete's philosophy of letting players be themselves won't burn us here.

That aside he's looked pretty motivated this preseason. I'm also hoping playing with a generational defense might motivate him further. Our defense is tight and that might also motivate him to stay here and not have to get top dollar if he likes it here (FO needs to convince him that no state income tax is a big equalizer in the money category).

This seriously makes our defense down right scary, and alleviates some of the pressure of whoever plays RCB.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hawks46":1q5m44f4 said:
The thing with Richardson is that he was disgruntled last year with the Jets so he didn't play well. He's also had some immaturity issues in feuding with Brandon Marshall and saying some dumb things on twitter. I hope Pete's philosophy of letting players be themselves won't burn us here.

That aside he's looked pretty motivated this preseason. I'm also hoping playing with a generational defense might motivate him further. Our defense is tight and that might also motivate him to stay here and not have to get top dollar if he likes it here (FO needs to convince him that no state income tax is a big equalizer in the money category).

This seriously makes our defense down right scary, and alleviates some of the pressure of whoever plays RCB.

I'm thinking we have enough leaders on this team to keep him on the straight and narrow. Great trade!!! Can't wait the see our own fearsome foursome in action! We need to come up with a name, right?

Reaction score
Love it good job front office! On the other hand im thinking of that 2nd rd pick that hurts a little especially if he walks away wish it was a third but hey what u gonna do.

Josea16

Reaction score
Wow, this guy has the potential to be our best DT since Tez. I can't believe it only took Kearse and a 2nd round draft pick to swing it.

Pappy367

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that if we don't sign him next season, we will get a comp pick if he moves on, something like a 3rd anyway. If that is the case we really only gave Kearse and our 7th to move down to their 7th?

OpHawk

Reaction score
Any official word on the conditionality of that 2nd round pick?

Latest posts