OFFICIAL: Seahawks have traded Kearse to Jets for Richardson

LolaRox

Reaction score
His old/new teammate on the welcome committee.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JustinBritt68/status/904173875486834688[/tweet]

flufferd

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3tufzd9s said:
Ironically, McDowell's injury might have put us in a better position.
We lose a Kearse who may or may not have made the club, but who if he did, would stunt the development of other upcoming receivers.
Our DL just got a helluva lot better, who knows what Malik really would have brought as a rookie.

So in recap, we have solidified not only our DL but also our receivers.
Great move.

Just curious why no one else jumped on the Richardson trade talk.

If only we had taken Foster...Sigh.
If McDowell still pans out we could still be set for the future on D-line with Clark and Richardson should they extend him

peppersjap

Reaction score
LolaRox":1elji8td said:
His old/new teammate on the welcome committee.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JustinBritt68/status/904173875486834688[/tweet]
Love it!!

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
NINEster":1os1x59z said:
Do not like. :mrgreen: :irishdrinkers:

This is funny, as I only read your comment and was about to respond, wtf? Then I scanned over to your username. It all makes sense now.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3wiurgtr said:
Jville":3wiurgtr said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/903699543639945216[/tweet]

John Schneider is on a roll!

Yeah, don't judge the cake before it's fully baked people. More moves are a coming. Just sit back and watch Schneider with his Easy Bake Oven go, go ... go.
... HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
SR left Missouri after '12, Britt after '13. Overlapped as starters in '11 and '12, Britt at LT for most of the time, later at RG.

Nice photo.

chris98251

Reaction score
Britt knows he has to see him in practice every day, Hey Sheldon a welcome to Seattle present, Season Tickets Mariners, now don't make me your bitch in practice :)

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":307n85ab said:
I approve of this message.

Also, here are some nice highlights of Richardson. Seems he plays some Fullback too. Hmmmmm.

[youtube]MXqIg0iJ8uA[/youtube]
Holy *****! THe only thing the lineman can do is blow snotbubbles at him! Did PC say if he's gonna carry the rock?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hawks46":gv6jfy26 said:
The thing with Richardson is that he was disgruntled last year with the Jets so he didn't play well. He's also had some immaturity issues in feuding with Brandon Marshall and saying some dumb things on twitter. I hope Pete's philosophy of letting players be themselves won't burn us here.

That aside he's looked pretty motivated this preseason. I'm also hoping playing with a generational defense might motivate him further. Our defense is tight and that might also motivate him to stay here and not have to get top dollar if he likes it here (FO needs to convince him that no state income tax is a big equalizer in the money category).

This seriously makes our defense down right scary, and alleviates some of the pressure of whoever plays RCB.

Brandon Marshall has come out publicly as having Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). While I admire and appreciate Marshall's courage in doing so, I don't have to deal with his BS every day. Richardson did. So if his pissing match is with Marshall, that speaks well of Richardson. For example, a certain Percy Harvin showed a lot of traits that are typical behaviors of BPD individuals, and Pete & John dumped Harvin like a hot potato when they realized the truth about Percy. By many reports, Harvin created nonstop drama and BS in the locker room. Not to mention the report of punching Golden Tate on the eve of SB48. So if Mr. B. Marshall is doing even 10% of the Harvin thing, I find it hard to fault Richardson.

Super glad to have him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ckgmmdc4 said:
This is why I can't understand the Jets' reasoning behind this trade. Makes no sense. There must have been some really bad blood behind the scenes to have this happen. One doesn't purge a key cog in the defense if one is rebuilding. You cut the bad parts and build around a core of good players.

See my post in this thread about Marshall and BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) and for additional entertainment, search and check out my prior posts about Percy Harvin's time in Seattle and what I believe he may well have in common with Brandon Marshall.

Why a DT in Richardson and a WR in Marshall would be interacting so much, I have no idea, other than perhaps Marshall simply running his mouth nonstop. Marshall's locker room liability factor (my hypothesis only, for all I know he's a great locker room guy) may even be the reason the 'Hawks front office never pursued Marshall very hard. Or maybe just lingering bad taste in the mouth after the Harvin affair.

olyfan63

Reaction score
"DRAMA-QUEENISH!!"
This is my favorites segment of what I've seen on the Sheldon Richardson-Brandon Marshall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9w28vkAHxU&t=88
First 4 minutes has the relevant content.

Backstory 1: Sheldon Richardson did some REALLY DUMB stuff a couple years ago.
Backstory 2: Brandon Marshall has publicly come out as having Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD).

First, my kudos to Brandon Marshall for coming out as having BPD. Many have it, few, almost none, have the courage to come out. Massive respect and props to the man on that, for the good he is doing for others on that. Too deep a subject to expound on here.

Second, BPDs are, pretty much by nature, DRAMA QUEENS. It's part of who they are, it's how they roll through life. They can also be a little narcissistic at times, and one trait that you might notice in their verbal behaviors, is that they tend to BLAME OTHERS, and nearly everything is EVERYBODY ELSE'S FAULT. It's not really a behavior they have a lot of control of; it's a story they make up in their own mind, that someone else is responsible, that comes with the condition. For example, it would be RARE for you to receive a sincere apology from a BPD; after all, the problem they are experiencing is somebody else's fault, so why should they apologize when it's your actions or even your intentions, that are the actual problem, to them?

So, after a pathetic losing game, say, a 41-3 Jets loss to the Patriots, lets say, hypothetically, Marshall launches into a locker room tirade where he rips everybody a new one, except himself, because of course, he was holding down the fort single-handledly, and if only the other screwups on the team would have done their job, his brilliance would have been allowed to shine and almost single-handedly win the game with key plays. A no-nonsense person, like a DT who played his ass off on every down, regardless of score, listening to a BPD carry on in this way, would get tired of it quickly and tell the BPD to shut his mouth and look at his own failings and focus on his own game instead of confessing everyone else's shortcomings.

I always wondered why Pete and John didn't pursue signing Brandon Marshall, but if Marshall in fact DID have a reputation for this kind of tirade blaming everyone else, it would be an absolute cultural FAIL in Seattle. He'd instantly have Sherman, Bennett, Kam, Baldwin, (and Marshawn when here) and others, get in his face and tell him to work on his own game, get his own house in order, before dogging others. Probably with a few expletives mixed in. It would be Percy Harvin all over again if Marshall was brought here and then did that kind of stuff in Seattle.

And yes, Richardson did some REALLY DUMB stuff a couple years ago. No doubt Marshall took a few opportunities to rub Richardson's nose in it over and over. I'd hope, over the past couple years, Richardson has done his work and learned his lesson.

I also suspect the Seahawks have an extensive non-football "counseling" operation is quietly pretty much the best in the NFL. I suspect the Seahawks have numerous psych pros on staff who do routinely do psych profiles on players the Seahawks are considering acquiring. They F'ed up with Harvin big time, or, more likely, were overruled by Pete/asked to do their best with Harvin, as a special favor to a drooling Pete who saw Harvin as a key missing piece to get to the Super Bowl. I believe the Harvin fiasco may have educated Pete, in particular, and John Schneider, on personality disorders, and how to tell them apart from "troubled young man from a bad background", which can be worked with, vs. personality disorders and psych conditions, which are far less amenable to a good outcome. The Seahawks have a history of successes with other "troubled" young men, Bruce Irvin being perhaps a good case in point.

SUMMARY/CONCLUSIONS:
Richardson is a fairly normal guy, in terms of personal issues, from the Seahawks perspective. He is NOT a Percy Harvin type of situation. The Seahawks organization, and Pete Carroll, have been historically excellent at working with young men previous off-field issues and turning them into not only productive NFL players but positive influences in the community. You can expect the Seahawks player evaluation staff have done extensive psych profiles on Richardson and the overall situation and gave a green light for him to do well, even exceptionally well, in the Seahawks/Pete Carroll environment and culture. Sheldon Richardson will be closer to a Marshawn Lynch, "all about that action, boss" in the Seattle locker room, and not at all like a Brandon Marshall or Percy Harvin type of personality. He'll be a solid fit here, do his job 100% on pretty much every play, and, ball out in this, his contract year.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY:
Go to Vegas NOW and bet $1000 or more on the Seahawks to win the Superb Owl, before Vegas adjusts their line. If we lose to the Packers in game 1, immediately go back to Vegas and DOUBLE DOWN on that original $1000 bet. When the Seahawks play the Patriots for all the marbles, this time, instead of zinging short passes and eventually, TDs to Edelman and Amendola, Brady will INSTEAD consistently be ON HIS ASS in the arms of Richardson, Bennett, Avril, Clark, and yes, also David Bass. You heard the David Bass part here first, folks.

FURTHER READING
If you want to know more about BPD and how a person with BPD can affect those around them, google the term, "BPD Stop Walking On Eggshells" and browse through the hits.

What are my qualifications to write this? Well, if you insist on relying on "academic experts", please go find a degreed and licensed professional for any and all information and ignore anything I say unless officially blessed by your experts, and the top expert in the world is in the Seattle area*. In real life experience, I've dealt with an NPD in a high conflict divorce, had decades of dealing with a BPD wicked stepmother, dated ex-partners of BPDs and NPDs (long story, and their stories of life with an NPD/BPD are mind-boggling) and rented to numerous ex-partners of BPD in a property management context. (Also many mind-boggling stories, and those abused ex-partners are uniformly awesome tenants, BTW) A few years back, I somehow became engaged to a woman I realized had BPD (and pervasive sociopathic traits to boot), and that was an *extremely* educational experience. I was fortunate to escape that situation without major loss of (my) life, liberty, and property.

So, I've wound up having extensive, long-term interactions, over decades, with individuals with BPD and NPD and their ex-partners. Seeing and experiencing, the BPD/NPD playbook repeatedly, plus experiences others shared with me, showed me that BPDs and NPDs follow patterns of thought and action that explain their behaviors, and function as a "playbook" in a very real way. They typically run the same plays time after time, because the plays** "work", at least the first time, on 95% of people, previously including me, to get the BPD or NPD what they want. After a while, some people start wising and recognizing the plays, comparing notes with others, and that's when things really get interesting, like with Richardson getting tired of Marshall's blaming tirades.

* For example, BPD world-class expert Marsha Linehan, PhD, is based in the Seattle area and is employed by the UW. She developed the breakthrough "Dialectical Behavioral Therapy" (DBT) that is considered a current best practtice in the BPD treatment field. Look her up on Wikipedia. He consulting time may not be free. I wouldn't be surprised if she, or one/several professionals trained by her, consult with the Seahawks.

** An example of a typical "play" is for the BPD to leave a social group (or team) who has wised up to their lies, exaggerations, and manipulations, and go to a NEW social group (or team) and present themselves as a "victim" of their "abusive" former social group, and elicit the sympathy of the new group. They are master "storytellers" of false stories they present as truth, and can tell them with utterly convincing nonverbals, because they have talked themselves into believing their own false reality. Anyway, the typical result is, the new social group takes pity on them, gives them more support than they would otherwise get, and hates and shuns anyone from the person's former group. This has the effect of preventing communication between the old group and the new group, and prevents people from comparing their stories and finding the discrepancies and falsehoods.