Officiating is so bad, I quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuego

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1hnjzi74 said:
fuego":1hnjzi74 said:
Seriously? What a bunch of whiners. Especially after the home-cooking you guys get. And PI on Julio by Sherman that everybody outside of Seattle recognized and said we got jobbed. What goes around comes around. Shut up the whining and take it like a man like you expect every other team too. Sheesh. What a bunch of cry-babies.

If that play is called correctly it's offsetting penalties.

All of us would have been fine with that. At least it would have been a do-over and we wouldn't have gotten jobbed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
PNW9erFan":2szdakkm said:
You hawk fans are a funny bunch...

Why should anyone believe you guys got screwed for any # of *bad calls*, when just a few years ago, your whole DEFENSE was known for blatantly "challenging" refs to call PI calls on every play!

source: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... 0005285822

Quote: The Seahawks didn't respond to requests for comment, but defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said earlier this season that the Seattle coaches educate their players on what type of interference plays are being called around the league.

So, now that the tables are turned, you suckers wanna blame the "REFS"??

Ya'll a funny bunch!

And you wonder why more and more people hate your team and its fan-base..when sh** don't go your way, you blame everyone else BUT YOUR OWN TEAM!

E124586ee48c6a3d0321ad312f1a1dac

This is comedy gold. A 9er fan saying we whine alot. Uhm what's your fan bases nick name? Yeah Whiners.

Quinn was commenting on press coverage because the rest of the NFL wasn't doing it and it was genious to exploit the ability to press and jam at the LOS and within 5 yards. Implying that Quinn was saying they were cheating just exposes you of obviously not knowing the rules.

I know Whiners like to say we did that because the officials can't call every foul. So how did that theory work yestarday when they called almost 30 penalties in the Raider Bucs game with 23 going against the Raider's?

Yeah so much for not calling everything.

You really just look uneducated about football in your post. Sorry but true.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
fuego":1nlf0plw said:
hawksfansinceday1":1nlf0plw said:
fuego":1nlf0plw said:
Seriously? What a bunch of whiners. Especially after the home-cooking you guys get. And PI on Julio by Sherman that everybody outside of Seattle recognized and said we got jobbed. What goes around comes around. Shut up the whining and take it like a man like you expect every other team too. Sheesh. What a bunch of cry-babies.

All of us would have been fine with that. At least it would have been a do-over and we wouldn't have gotten jobbed.

We would have been fine with that too. :Dunno:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
PNW9erFan":vxi8yi7v said:

Why should anyone believe you guys got screwed for any # of *bad calls*, when just a few years ago, your whole DEFENSE was known for blatantly "challenging" refs to call PI calls on every play!

Quote: The Seahawks didn't respond to requests for comment, but defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said earlier this season that the Seattle coaches educate their players on what type of interference plays are being called around the league.

Ya'll a funny bunch!

And you wonder why more and more people hate your team and its fan-base..when sh** don't go your way, you blame everyone else BUT YOUR OWN TEAM!

What tables are turned? Honest question.

Go read my post where I talked about the penalty discrepancy the last several years. And ask yourself again, what tables are turned now?

Seems more of the same. :Dunno:

fuego

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3f10n1ew said:
fuego":3f10n1ew said:
hawksfansinceday1":3f10n1ew said:
fuego":3f10n1ew said:

Not sure why. You got the win out of it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
fuego":2vqj2oiu said:

Rewatch the entire play. Julio hits Sherman in the face right off the line, so hard that Sherman misses a step and almost goes down to one knee. That's illegal. So, since it's Julio Jones he gets to get away with that ? So that play really never should've happened. There is no debate. No debate to the point that the NFL actually edited that clip to show a different snap off the line where he had a completely free release. So, the NFL gives us such good "home cooking" that they have to edit a part of a play that they missed, so show the part where we benefitted...all because we get such beneficial referee'ing.

Now you come on another teams' fan website, being a homer about that call, and tell us to shut up for being homers. Sounds legit.

Oh, it's also laughable after all that homer stuff you're whining about, that you seem to forget that the Saints are your division rival and you would be better served with us winning.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
fuego":5lbtzesv said:
hawksfansinceday1":5lbtzesv said:
fuego":5lbtzesv said:

I'm already on record saying I wish they would have just called the play correctly. I would much prefer that, win or lose to the reaction the only part of the play people want to talk about.

Here's the rub though. On Atlanta boards there were members trying to say the head slap was legal or not significant enough to draw a flag. That is pure delusion.

I didn't see anyone on those boards comment on the center litterally tackling Marsh from behind after being beat trying to stop him from affecting Ryan's throw.

I know if the situation were reversed I would initially be pissed also but once the beginning of the play was brought to my attention my feeling on the play would have been 100% different.

Question for you. Why do you think the NFL modified that play for NFL rewind by changing the beginning of the play so the head slap and holding wasn't viewable?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
fuego":3hwwe0ze said:
twisted_steel2":3hwwe0ze said:

Not sure why. You got the win out of it.

Why? Because I'll bet on the best defense in the NFL making a play at the end of the game anytime. Honestly if Ryan throws another ball at Jones in that same scenario again... I like our odds. Doesn't scare me one bit.

I've said this before, if the refs call an even game, and let the players decide the outcome? I like our chances everytime.

We didn't need that non-call. So sure, off setting penalties, and a do over? I feel just fine letting the LOB take care of it. You guys were praying for a DPI, praying for it. We don't need it. Let them play.

Giphy

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1gdhu7s6 said:
Question for you. Why do you think the NFL modified that play for NFL rewind by changing the beginning of the play so the head slap and holding wasn't viewable?

Ooohhh, good question. Hhhhmmm. ;)

fuego?

Hawks46

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3vvc2i5q said:
RichNhansom":3vvc2i5q said:
The other part about penalty disparity also coincides with the period of time the Seahawks have been consistently considered one of or the best teams in football.

Suddenly all our opponents start playing mistake free football? Now that they are up against some of their biggest challenges? It doesn't add up.

Exactly.

Not only best, but one of the most physical and athletic. We're faster and stronger than most teams, yet we're never getting held ? :2thumbs:

fuego

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3lhfspcr said:
RichNhansom":3lhfspcr said:

fuego?

Conspiracy theories? REALLY?

SeaChat

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":okm3qyre said:
Willyeye":okm3qyre said:
I've been a HUGE football fan for over 50 years, and a Hawks fan for over 20 years. I just can't take it anymore. For 3 seasons now, the Seahawks get screwed on calls all game long, and the refs just let every violation by the opposition slide. Today was a blatant exhibition of officiating bias against the Hawks. Every time the Hawks made a good play, it gets called back. Every time the Saints are up against 3rd down and they fail, the refs throw flags against the Hawks. It's pretty easy to succeed on 3rd down when you get two shots at it almost every time. Even when I watch games that I don't care about this year, the refs make it unbearable. They choose a team that they "help" to lose the game or they throw so many flags that I just can't watch anymore. It's become so ridiculously blatant that I just can't take it any longer. I am officially joining the 15% of football fans that stopped watching games this year. I'M DONE NFL...I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

So were you just as outraged when Sherman grabbed Julio vs Atlanta and the Seahawks won on a blown call? Don't get too bent out of shape, you guys blasted Falcons fans here for crying about the refs a few weeks ago. Bad calls are being whistled in every game, but you've been on the good side of plenty of them.

I wasn't outraged when Sherm interfered with Julio, because, and only because, Julio had just gone hands to the face and pushed off on Sherm trying to make room for his catch. That play, if all was equal in officiating, would have drawn a penalty flag for Julio at the line of scrimmage, Seattle would have declined it and taken possession of the ball and won anyway.

With that said it's a clear indication of why the NFL needs to clean up their officiating and stop trying to manipulate who wins and who looses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Reasons around money, ratings & favoring teams in bigger markets than the PNW, rewarding home field ticket-buying crowds, division-race parity, etc, are all very valid concerns for why the NFL ~could~ be guiding the 'understanding' they are seeking in their refs. But when it comes to most conspiracies that nefarious, I like to think it is unlikely because of how many people would have to be involved, making it likely that it would somehow come out.

The amazing chart above in penalty disparity against the Seahawks is very striking though, and there were for sure glaring examples yesterday and, about as bad, in the Rams opening game in their return to LA.

It's hard to understand.

253hawk

Reaction score
In this thread: Anti-'whiners' who think a single call at the end of a game is the same thing as an entire game with severe disparity.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
PNW9erFan":12gubasz said:

Ya'll a funny bunch!

E124586ee48c6a3d0321ad312f1a1dac
Dear mods,
This is lvnginhwktwn, I'd wager it.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
The NFL is a Billion dollar industry. It has always seemed odd to me that the refs are not full time employees. Sure the actual pre-season, regular season & post-season probably takes up maybe 5-6 months or so of ref time, but why aren't they around the rest of the year? Full time refs could use the off season to review every years prior games and take measures to Improve their craft in many ways. I wonder why that hasn't been considered by the dictatorship (NFL).
Maybe, if their ratings continue to slump and slump, they'll wise up?

Maybe as an alternative idea, the refs should be employees and under sole control of the 32 team owners and not the NFL, thus taking away the increasingly obvious "influence, manipulation and/or bias" the NFL has on ref performance?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Having trolls is fun. Just means you have something worth trolling. Cheers!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1uwwjdcq said:
The NFL is a Billion dollar industry. It has always seemed odd to me that the refs are not full time employees.
Absolutely right.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
fuego":3amhw9se said:
twisted_steel2":3amhw9se said:
RichNhansom":3amhw9se said:

fuego?

So your saying it's a conspiracy?

I know I never said that. I asked you the question the exact same way I have asked friends and fellow Hawk fans. I really don't know why the NFL modified the clip. To me it appears as if they are trying to hide something. Why I don't know. Seems more dangerous to try and hide something than to just let the information out.

fuego

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2ynwhumy said:
fuego":2ynwhumy said:
twisted_steel2":2ynwhumy said:
RichNhansom":2ynwhumy said:

fuego?

So your saying it's a conspiracy?

I know I never said that. I asked you the question the exact same way I have asked friends and fellow Hawk fans. I really don't know why the NFL modified the clip. To me it appears as if they are trying to hide something. Why I don't know. Seems more dangerous to try and hide something than to just let the information out.

I haven't read this whole thread. Explain what you mean by 'modified'. What did they modify?

Status
Not open for further replies.