Offsides negates personal fouls?

253hawk

Reaction score
Can't be roughing when Sherman got the ball first. Blandino...more like Blindino. Get your eyes checked, gramps. Refs never even blew the whistle to signal it dead until Sherman had blocked it and was on the ground, so how could it be roughing on a dead play? QBs get hit all the time on dead ball plays and there's never a flag for it.

http://video.nfl.com/films/vodzilla/372 ... _5000k.mp4

EzucwTK

treefidy

Reaction score
HawkGA":1t158ikw said:
I can't believe how many people seem to forget the touching ball rule. It's not like it's new.

Touching the ball doesn't matter when there was no play to begin with. Seattle got away with a personal foul, 3 points and a game AGAIN.

253hawk

Reaction score
treefidy":fzj2a049 said:
HawkGA":fzj2a049 said:
I can't believe how many people seem to forget the touching ball rule. It's not like it's new.

Touching the ball doesn't matter when there was no play to begin with. Seattle got away with a personal foul, 3 points and a game AGAIN.

Exactly, so it can't be roughing because there was never any play. :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
treefidy":r3rm411l said:
HawkGA":r3rm411l said:

BITTER, party of one your table is ready.

Play wasn't blown dead. IF the KIcker kicks the ball and it goes thru it's 3 points.
RS has the right to block the kick which he did when he touched the ball. He was offsides and got penalized for it,
unlike Julio Jones and his hands to the face at the LOS.

Polaris

Reaction score
treefidy":2jozmbju said:
HawkGA":2jozmbju said:

The whistle wasn't blown until after the snap. That means Sherman doesn't know it's a dead-ball foul. Since he touched the ball first NO ROUGHING PENALTY IS POSSIBLE, and Walt Anderson has come out and said that in his opinion (the one that counts), no personal foul was warranted.

End of Story.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":1jvzg6yc said:
Can't be roughing when Sherman got the ball first. Blandino...more like Blindino. Get your eyes checked, gramps. Refs never even blew the whistle to signal it dead until Sherman had blocked it and was on the ground, so how could it be roughing on a dead play? QBs get hit all the time on dead ball plays and there's never a flag for it.

http://video.nfl.com/films/vodzilla/372 ... _5000k.mp4

EzucwTK
Deano was blitzed by the time the play happened. Free booze on Jerruh's party bus is hard for a party boy like Deano to turn down. So that might have had a little to do with Deano's "vision problem" tonight. 8)

JustTheTip

Reaction score
In that photo it actually looks like Sherman was trying to give carpenter as much room as possible while still being able to get the ball.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":7bwgeioa said:
JSeahawks":7bwgeioa said:
Bitter":7bwgeioa said:
That play was 100% called correctly by the officials.

Absolutely.

God, the media are idiots.

LMAO .... then count Dean Blandino among them. Nobody outside of Seattle will buy that garbage.

That was an absolute travesty of officiating to end the half.

Blandino already on Twitter to admit the refs screwed up bigtime not calling Roughing the Kicker, and nfl.com blasted the crew for how they botched the last 3 secs before half: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ahawks-and-refs-have-bizarre-firsthalf-finish

Officiating this year is downright embarrassing, but that's the worst I've seen all year. I think we can put to rest the whole "refs conspiring against Seattle" theories. Sherman knew he was blatantly offsides and still went full-bore diving his shoulder right into the kicker's plant leg ... how he doesn't get flagged for Roughing the Kicker is mind-boggling.

I think full-bore is a bit of an exaggeration. Sherman probably thought that they could keep the points if he let him kick it, which is how it works normally when the defense jumps offsides. I'm not actually sure if there is a separate rule for the "free play" idea when the defense is offsides on a fg attempt.

seahawksny

Reaction score
HawkGA":157gn1sn said:

Because it rarely happens
You can't expect fans to know the rulebook that seems to change from game to game and has no rhyme or reason to anything. One Reason why people are repulsed by the Nfl. NOBODY knows what the hell is going on, including the refs, and as a result, they waste our time with endless reviews

HawkGA

Reaction score
seahawksny":2fgvtqpv said:
HawkGA":2fgvtqpv said:

Because it rarely happens
You can't expect fans to know the rulebook that seems to change from game to game and has no rhyme or reason to anything. One Reason why people are repulsed by the Nfl. NOBODY knows what the hell is going on, including the refs, and as a result, they waste our time with endless reviews

I wouldn't say it rarely happens. It was an issue when Kam jumped over the Panthers on their field goal attempt. Somehow he missed the ball but it was well discussed that if he had touched it there wouldn't have been a foul. Every time there is a running into the kicker penalty, the question is asked if the person made contact with the ball. This is not obscure.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Actually the kicker tried to punt Sherman. Should have been called Roughing the Richard

OP
OP
A

a_gumbel

Reaction score
Yeah y'all are fools. NFL rule book says nothing about "getting the ball first". This is why people dislike Seattle fans.

Polaris

Reaction score
a_gumbel":26b4lnmk said:
Yeah y'all are fools. NFL rule book says nothing about "getting the ball first". This is why people dislike Seattle fans.

You are wrong. If you contact the ball first, roughing is off the table. Period. This applies to any kick.

OP
OP
A

a_gumbel

Reaction score
At least admit that it should have been unnecessary roughness. Please be a little partial. I don't think that determined the game (although if they make that field goal, the two point conversion ties it up). Anyways just be glad you guys got the benefit of a call. I see a lot of complaining on this board about the refs. At least be able to see it both ways. It wasnt a dirty play but it was uncalled for and the bills should have been rewarded. Unnecessary roughness or roughing the kicker. Also the red didnt re set the play clock after the bills spiked the ball which lead to the delay of game

Latest posts