Oh My GAWD !!!! Russell tweets, whatever does he mean?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3ppwouaj said:
There's a reason QB's are the highest paid players in the league: THEY'RE WORTH IT!!! 7-9 without RW. Same team one year later in the playoffs and now back to back Super Bowls.

Pat him. The cap is going up.
People say this yet they ignore that Kam Chancellor was a first year starter with growing pains, and Richard Sherman didn't even start the whole year, and he also had growing pains. Both were more refined as players in 2012. We also added Bobby Wagner. He was a huge addition from the get go, remember what we had? We had David Hawthorne. Hawthorne was always a big playmaker but he lacked in discipline, and coverage skills. He would often misread plays, and get burned. His coverage was mediocre, and his range was below average.

The Seahawks also added Irvin whom was an upgrade over an over the hill Raheem Brock. The Seahawks also added Jason Jones who provided good inside penetration on passing downs. Our defense was greatly upgraded in 2011 over 2012. On offense we also had Golden Tate grasping the finer nuances of the game, becoming a legitimate threat on offense.

I don't buy into Wilson being the only factor that pushed this team over the edge. Does he help? Absolutely, was he the only reason why we became a force to be reckoned with? No. We are certainly better of with Wilson than without him, my concern is at what cost?

rain7

Reaction score
This team is still a playoff team with lynch and no wilson, maybe even a division winner.

What I'm a little worried about is I don't know how we maintain/assemble a great team around Wilson if he ends up taking a huge chunk of the cap.

I have to imagine that in this copy cat league and Pete's growing coaching tree, that the odds of a Sherman or a kam is waiting for us in round 5 are greatly diminished.

"Seattle type" players are gonna get taken earlier moving forward, I find it hard to believe we'll be able to continually land steal-of-the-century type prospects(and their cheap rookie contracts). The "core" of the team might be too costly.

Having said that, with lynch probably retiring in 1-2 years, we probably need to land Wilson. Without both of them, a winning record seems unlikely.

Anthony!

Reaction score
rain7":tvo9fv2o said:
This team is still a playoff team with lynch and no wilson, maybe even a division winner.

What I'm a little worried about is I don't know how we maintain/assemble a great team around Wilson if he ends up taking a huge chunk of the cap.

I have to imagine that in this copy cat league and Pete's growing coaching tree, that the odds of a Sherman or a kam is waiting for us in round 5 are greatly diminished.

"Seattle type" players are gonna get taken earlier moving forward, I find it hard to believe we'll be able to continually land steal-of-the-century type prospects(and their cheap rookie contracts). The "core" of the team might be too costly.

Having said that, with lynch probably retiring in 1-2 years, we probably need to land Wilson. Without both of them, a winning record seems unlikely.

Yeah no we are not. Sorry dude we will be hard pressed to make the playoffs without Wilson. Remember we tried that in 2011 got no place. Remember 15 4th qtr/ot game winning drives in 3 years. That is 3 a year take those away and we do not make the playoff any year. The avg QB is lucky to get 1 a year.

rain7

Reaction score
Anthony!":35gwu9p4 said:
rain7":35gwu9p4 said:

Yeah no we are not. Sorry dude we will be hard pressed to make the playoffs without Wilson. Remember we tried that in 2011 got no place. Remember 15 4th qtr/ot game winning drives in 3 years. That is 3 a year take those away and we do not make the playoff any year. The avg QB is lucky to get 1 a year.

Yeah we are - lynch still sees stacked boxes with wilson and we don't do read option like we used to. Are teams going to put 9 in the box?

2011? Sure, I remember it. The game in Cleveland without marshawn, that ring a bell?

not trying to put wilson down. Just saying that lynch + defense is still better then 70% of the teams out there. By saying this isn't a playoff team, you are devaluing how kick ass those two components are.

Rob12

Reaction score
I can't help but think that the FO has officially flexed on RW and his agent; and drawn a big line in the sand, thus taking the control away from him. That might explain that tweet about not worrying about things out of your control.

Or not... Or not. Tweets often mean nothing. Maybe he's just trolling us. Please be trolling us, Russ.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3s55ykef said:
There's a reason QB's are the highest paid players in the league: THEY'RE WORTH IT!!! 7-9 without RW. Same team one year later in the playoffs and now back to back Super Bowls.

Pat him where?! That's disturbing :shock: :shock:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":38oj4bdd said:

Guess what happens when the cap goes up? Free agents will demand more money as well. It will be harder to draw in talent. I think the mentality of "pay him whatever he wants" is shortsighted. Our team is elite because it is chalked full of depth and talent. That would not have happened if Russell was payed 20+ million dollars per year. We did not go to the Superbowl JUST because we had Wilson, we went to the Superbowl twice in a row because our team is quite possibly the most talented in the league.

Does Wilson deserve a good payday? Absolutely. Does he deserve significantly more than the highest paid QB in the NFL like reports say he wants? No, absolutely not.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Rob12":6jhmw3m3 said:
I can't help but think that the FO has officially flexed on RW and his agent; and drawn a big line in the sand, thus taking the control away from him. That might explain that tweet about not worrying about things out of your control.

Or not... Or not. Tweets often mean nothing. Maybe he's just trolling us. Please be trolling us, Russ.
I'm really not liking the way Russell Wilson is presenting himself at the moment. I think this should be between the front office and himself, posting those messages on twitter make him come across as a spoiled brat.

At this moment Jon Schneider, and Russell Wilson are playing chicken. They are digging themselves in their trenches and waiting to see who blinks first. I think the problems may be compounded by Russell's agent as well. He is inexperienced, and he may have a skewed view on NFL contracts. He may have told Wilson that he is worth millions more than he really is worth on the open market, and it could have given Wilson an inflated sense of self worth. Baseball money is in a whole different league, I wonder how much this guy knows about NFL contracts and the way that they are structured. That alone could be causing some negotiation hiccups here.

I honestly think Wilson chose the wrong guy for the job. I think that this agent is in way over his head, and in the end it could end up costing Russell Wilson money if he has a poor year, or is injured.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1udmde2g said:
Rob12":1udmde2g said:
I honestly think Wilson chose the wrong guy for the job. I think that this agent is in way over his head, and in the end it could end up costing Russell Wilson money if he has a poor year, or is injured.

:13: Bottom line...who you believe will determine where you will be in life. I, too, am beginning to doubt the advice and/or abilities of those advising Russ.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
dbmack":1aflflo0 said:
Rob12":1aflflo0 said:
"Doubted me then" can't reference the Seahawks. After all, we drafted him. They didn't doubt him when he was starting as a rookie.

I hate Twitter.
He posted a picture of "then" on his instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/2re1ZhM7PI/

So what? Like Rob said, how did the Hawks "doubt him then" by drafting him and starting him as a rookie?

A

Anonymous

Dear Pete and John,

Hello there, name is Scott. Supp?

First off, great job lately, love your stuff. Trust you guys to handle things right, so keep doing y'all's thing. I got your back.

Here's the thing, though; I'm thinking everything that has to do with Russell will go a bunch better for y'all if you'll just get this deal done in the next week or so. If you don't, things are gonna start to suck, and I don't mean in any way that's any good.

Give the dude the cash you know he deserves and move on doing what you do for the rest of the team. If anybody can keep a complete team supporting a QB with a huge contract winning games, it's y'all. So, stop screwing around and just pull the damn trigger.

Take care now, bye bye then.

HH

Rob12

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":ikivczc7 said:
Spin Doctor":ikivczc7 said:
Rob12":ikivczc7 said:

:13: Bottom line...who you believe will determine where you will be in life. I, too, am beginning to doubt the advice and/or abilities of those advising Russ.

You somehow quoted me but I never said that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geez, this guy can't scratch his are w/out a bunch of people trying to analyze it. Makes me think of the double rainbow guy "what does it mean?" :lol:

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I hope he gets signed soon. This topic along with Bruce and Bennett have gotten old for me. :les:

AVL

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1ra9xlcz said:
QUIT READING TWITTER!!!!

Or quit reading football year round.

I wish they would just say "No deal at this time."

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Rob12":2arria50 said:
Bigpumpkin":2arria50 said:
Spin Doctor":2arria50 said:
Rob12":2arria50 said:

You somehow quoted me but I never said that.

He missed one of the quotes when he was cleaning. It was quoted from spin doc's quote after he quoted and commented on your quote.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1fdwp9zm said:
Dear Pete and John,

Hello there, name is Scott. Supp?

First off, great job lately, love your stuff. Trust you guys to handle things right, so keep doing y'all's thing. I got your back.

Here's the thing, though; I'm thinking everything that has to do with Russell will go a bunch better for y'all if you'll just get this deal done in the next week or so. If you don't, things are gonna start to suck, and I don't mean in any way that's any good.

Give the dude the cash you know he deserves and move on doing what you do for the rest of the team. If anybody can keep a complete team supporting a QB with a huge contract winning games, it's y'all. So, stop screwing around and just pull the damn trigger.

Take care now, bye bye then.

HH

In the interest of consistency, when the use of the southern Y'all is used in one section of a paragraph or mail/correspondence, I think that the proper methodology would determine to use the same conversational terminology.

So that being said, Y'all if you'll needs to be changed to Y'all if y'all. That is all for y'all. I hope I wrote this up correctly and assume that Ro will Dictate to me differently if it becomes necessary. :mrgreen:

:stirthepot:

Slick

Reaction score
If not Seattle, I envision Russ either in Dallas or somehow landing in Los Angeles with whatever ends up there.

Maybe the dude has outgrown our little crappy town in the Northwest. I hope he stays but I think franchising him next year will be the kiss of death.