Oh My GAWD !!!! Russell tweets, whatever does he mean?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Seeing from a different angle, he could just be talking about all the people who doubted him and are still doubting him, the same ones that say that he's a career backup, game manager, he's nothing without our defense and Lynch, doesn't deserve a huge contract, etc

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rain7":27hummf7 said:
This team is still a playoff team with lynch and no wilson, maybe even a division winner.

What I'm a little worried about is I don't know how we maintain/assemble a great team around Wilson if he ends up taking a huge chunk of the cap.

I have to imagine that in this copy cat league and Pete's growing coaching tree, that the odds of a Sherman or a kam is waiting for us in round 5 are greatly diminished.

"Seattle type" players are gonna get taken earlier moving forward, I find it hard to believe we'll be able to continually land steal-of-the-century type prospects(and their cheap rookie contracts). The "core" of the team might be too costly.

Having said that, with lynch probably retiring in 1-2 years, we probably need to land Wilson. Without both of them, a winning record seems unlikely.
Nope. 7-9 about covers it just like 2011. Or the 2014 Arizona Cardinals take your pick. At best we make the playoffs and watch the real teams destroy us as they're playing to get another ring not another home game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2o4j8t41 said:
Might be time to find us a back up QB that can actually play well, in the next year or two

M.M.
Much like dragons and unicorns they don't exist. Hence the reason they're backups especially given the rookie wage scale. As I keep saying all this drama about nothing is pretty typical in top tier quarterback contract negotiation. It's a dance but each gets a chance to be the lead partner at different points in the process.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
If you read a post/tweet/etc that seems intentionally vague and can be taken more than one way it's guaranteed that the authors TRUE meaning isn't something you've thought of.

Wilson speaks in existential superlatives DURING the season... off season it's existential with a dollop of reverent.
Ain't no way nobody knows the true meaning unless you looked the author in the eye and asked.
Hell, the "knowledgeable source" could be an armchair qb that thinks he's "knowledgeable".

On the upside, Pete's a doctor !!!

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Regardless of the intent, Wilson's tweets show a rare form of insecurity. A man secure in his faith and capabilities lets the process play out behind closed doors. What Russell is exhibiting is a rare lack of leadership and a healthy narcissistic expression to a closed loop process.

Count me as non-plussed.

Get all you can Russell, but do it privately.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Oh fer... SERIOUSLY?!

Did any of you nut jobs click on the repeatedly-used hashtag? (I use the term "nutjob" in all love and respect. :twisted: ) Here are a few samples from the #BestIsAhead link:

A bunch of Twitterers":llg9asid said:
Excited for what God is doing in @HillsongCTYouth #BESTISAHEAD” OH GLORYYY! We only getting started! Exciting times ahead!

We must be willing to let go in life. Life is letting go, Life is change and it's great because of limited time for everything. #BestIsAHead

Day 3 @GrahamBunn - whatever the mind can believe and conceive... It can can most DEF achieve! NH
#Crew #BestIsAhead

@DarylRReed A big happy congratulations, yeah God, & fist pump to DC regional Christian Church on their 10th anniversary today! #bestisahead

Night of worship and prayer to bless newhopesh. Believing for God to do great things. #BestIsAhead

Great day @lifechurchmemph !! So love the energy and excitement #bestisahead

After a difficult yr I'm absolutely certain of 2 things:
1) God is always SOO so good
2) I have the BEST people in my life
#bestisahead

Life will give you what you attract with your thoughts. #BestIsAhead

Here's your challenge: which one did Russell tweet? Which gets your gut-reaction vote? (If you already know, or look it up, don't ruin it for everyone else.)

If you're fixated on the contract angle, it's way more simple than that. This hashtag is clearly from a shared religious/motivational event or talk. Russell has never shied away from "proving doubters wrong" as a motivational tool. He's talked about it openly since we've known him. Why would he change now?

This particular religious guy has resorted to copying Russell's tweets (#BestIsAhead included) without including Russ as the original tweeter. Either he doesn't know how to use Twitter, or he's just plagiarizing for Jesus. You Twitter-fiends should give him the business. :D
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AllTimLegend/status/599428334263537664[/tweet]

irocdave

Reaction score
This dilemma is so simple and yet it turns in to a debate. This same BS came up last spring and lots of "opinions" regarding RW were posted. Wonder how many of the posters that are now twisting their hands about the RW saga were clamoring about "pay him!!!!!!!He's the best QB EVA!!!!. Sorry, I go a lot of crap directed to me by what I consider morons in those threads.

Now the rubber meets the road. RW isn't stupid and wants what any player would after what has transpired over the last 3 years. He is no different than anyone posting on this site. All this BS about him being different, understands how his deal impact the other teammates? Only complete ignorant homers would buy in to that BS. The Hawks will wind up paying him top dollar before this is over. To the posters that trashed me last preseason when this thread came up, suck it. The same question is posed, is RW good enough to sacrifice the greatness of the D and still have a dominate team? Is HE so much better than all the other QB's in the NFL that when Lynch and Wagner, Irvin are gone RW makes up for it?

I am really tempted to dig up posts from last year and demonstrate some total ignorance by the posters in this forum. Post it online and it doesn't go away....

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
nbk35zw":3lkvkgnk said:
Regardless of the intent, Wilson's tweets show a rare form of insecurity. A man secure in his faith and capabilities lets the process play out behind closed doors. What Russell is exhibiting is a rare lack of leadership and a healthy narcissistic expression to a closed loop process.

Count me as non-plussed.

The post assumes the tweet is about wages. We don't know that.

HINT: Journalism is dead, it's been replaced with creative writing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rocket":1b3rkq1p said:
nbk35zw":1b3rkq1p said:

Count me as non-plussed.

Give the man a cookie. Plus Twitter is destroying the world. I wish that was a joke but it isn't. Twitter and other social media outlets are literally turning everyone against everyone.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2s93aas8 said:
Rocket":2s93aas8 said:
nbk35zw":2s93aas8 said:

Count me as non-plussed.

Give the man a cookie. Plus Twitter is destroying the world. I wish that was a joke but it isn't. Twitter and other social media outlets are literally turning everyone against everyone.

I agree. Even this forum makes me uncomfortable. Most posts I make here lead me to regret.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
irocdave":200utca4 said:
This dilemma is so simple and yet it turns in to a debate. This same BS came up last spring and lots of "opinions" regarding RW were posted. Wonder how many of the posters that are now twisting their hands about the RW saga were clamoring about "pay him!!!!!!!He's the best QB EVA!!!!. Sorry, I go a lot of crap directed to me by what I consider morons in those threads.

Now the rubber meets the road. RW isn't stupid and wants what any player would after what has transpired over the last 3 years. He is no different than anyone posting on this site. All this BS about him being different, understands how his deal impact the other teammates? Only complete ignorant homers would buy in to that BS. The Hawks will wind up paying him top dollar before this is over. To the posters that trashed me last preseason when this thread came up, suck it. The same question is posed, is RW good enough to sacrifice the greatness of the D and still have a dominate team? Is HE so much better than all the other QB's in the NFL that when Lynch and Wagner, Irvin are gone RW makes up for it?

I am really tempted to dig up posts from last year and demonstrate some total ignorance by the posters in this forum. Post it online and it doesn't go away....

Good for you Irocdave you go and do that, show em who's boss lol

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
nbk35zw":1k6g1xfw said:
MizzouHawkGal":1k6g1xfw said:

I agree. Even this forum makes me uncomfortable. Most posts I make here lead me to regret.

I disagree completely. In time, but not soon enough, the 1st worlders who don't worry about food or shelter will regain the ability of critical thinking... the ability to ponder before reacting. They will also regain the ability to write in punctuated, complete and CLEAR sentences so everyone else doesn't need to GUESS what they MEANT.

What goes around, comes around.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2dlvcoge said:
I unfollowed RW. The man uses a lot of words to say nothing.

True... he writes in riddles.
He could be sitting with the homies right now, laughing his ass off at how people didn't get what he meant. Or, sadly, he might not know he's unclear. Perhaps he was studying plays when he was sitting in English Comp.
The issue ain't social media, the issue is a general inability to write clear, concise and readable sentences that don't assume that the reader knows the thoughts of the writer beforehand.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1tfg4w12 said:
SalishHawkFan":1tfg4w12 said:
There's a reason QB's are the highest paid players in the league: THEY'RE WORTH IT!!! 7-9 without RW. Same team one year later in the playoffs and now back to back Super Bowls.

Pat him. The cap is going up.

So just rip up his contract and give him 120 million over 4 years starting this season . That's not happening and I agree with the FO on that.

I'm not sure who said anything about $120M for 4 years...but they might take a shot at $80M over 4 years (or $100M for 5 since a SB can be amortized over a max of 5) starting now and structured with a hefty signing bonus that would keep the salary and cap hit low the first few years. That would certainly be more cap friendly than tagging and could be what it takes.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I wonder if some of the people constantly worrying about Wilson's contract are this big of worriers in real life about real things.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Anyone who's followed Wilson since he became a hawk these tweets are nothing new, same generic bull.