On The Lynch Fiasco

Shock2k

Reaction score
Would you say when you are on stage you are a different persona?

A lot of actors can easily act but are painfully shy. It's because taking on a different persona no longer personalizes what they are saying or doing.

He just needs to turn up Beast Mode as a persona and leave Sean to his close friends.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I have the same fear, even at work with more than 5 people, I start getting worked up just thinking I might have to speak. I get so nervous sometimes I want to :pukeface:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
What gets me is Lynch didn't really talk for like THREE YEARS. Not a peep. Now that he's forced to talk, he does it on his own terms and NOW certain reporters are all wound up about it. It's just asinine.

Be yourself, 'Shawn. The 12s get it. Because we, too are all about the action.

DrDix

Reaction score
He does not. If you watch his few interviews you learn that he has always been this way. He said he was raised this way. He is only about playing the game.

Keep making it a bigger deal than it is.

Sac

Reaction score
ivotuk":3dxp242c said:
I have the same fear, even at work with more than 5 people, I start getting worked up just thinking I might have to speak. I get so nervous sometimes I want to :pukeface:

Quit being a puss.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
ivotuk":1unq51la said:

Anxiety sucks.

Speaking of 5 people, I had an interview for a new job today, things had gone really well on phone screens.

Finally got the in-person interview. At first I was like, Ok things is going to be ok, it was just me and 2 other people, I'd talked to them before. Cool.

Then the rest of the team came in, 5 people total... sitting across from me... bright conference room. Ugh. Just hell. Got nauseous, so frazzled, bad scene. Bomb, honestly don't know if I made a coherent sentence.

So I get it, one on one or 2 people I'm comfortable, but bigger groups, hello panic attacks!! :? I can't imagine what these NFL players do, so many media people, camera's. I couldn't do it, I'd be worse than Marshawn.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shock2k":10s5x0qv said:

A lot of actors can easily act but are painfully shy. It's because taking on a different persona no longer personalizes what they are saying or doing.

He just needs to turn up Beast Mode as a persona and leave Sean to his close friends.

I wouldn't say I have a different persona per se on stage...To me it's more that I feel empowered by my talent and the music that is pure energy that gives me a remarkable amount of confidence to perform to the best of my ability. The energy transcends me to a place of confidence I would never have, speaking in public without the power of the "stage" and "music" to get me through. I've blown job interviews because of the issue, and I have literally walked out of company meetings pretending to be suddenly ill, simply because I was unable to properly introduce myself to a new group of peers and business associates. I could go on and on.

Watching Lynch this week, I've noticed some of the same body language pick ups that I go through when dealing with a moderate and exponential feeling of anxiety which can often lead to panic attacks which are about the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life.

RezHawk

Reaction score
Great post Aros. Public speaking is a very common fear and I saw a 2001 gallup poll where it ranked second among things that Americans most feared. I think most people will sympathize with Marshawn on this and it will boost his popularity in the long run.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
This thread is boss, boss.

But on a serious note, the frontal lobe is where anxiety attacks start. I was in a class where this student did his presentation on it. I have them sometime, and they are the absolute worst. You are supposed to go outside for visual stimulation, or concentrate on that part of your brain to calm the attacks down. Just my two cents.

OrFan

Reaction score
I agree, Todd.

A lot of people are afraid to speak in public, this is common. Anxiety, on the other hand is far different from being afraid. If he does have anxiety, and gets it diagnosed, to force him to do this could mean a serious lawsuit. Even though I am against people with all these silly suits all the time, they would deserve it. Anxiety is serious and people should not be forced into those situations.

All of this for what? Do they really think they will get their "great quote?" Do they really think they will learn something new? The press, for the most part, are a really low class of people.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1qbv919u said:
Shock2k":1qbv919u said:

I wouldn't say I have a different persona per se on stage...To me it's more that I feel empowered by my talent and the music that is pure energy that gives me a remarkable amount of confidence to perform to the best of my ability. The energy transcends me to a place of confidence I would never have, speaking in public without the power of the "stage" and "music" to get me through. I've blown job interviews because of the issue, and I have literally walked out of company meetings pretending to be suddenly ill, simply because I was unable to properly introduce myself to a new group of peers and business associates. I could go on and on.

Watching Lynch this week, I've noticed some of the same body language pick ups that I go through when dealing with a moderate and exponential feeling of anxiety which can often lead to panic attacks which are about the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life.
I understand exactly where you're coming from, as I too have performed live (singer, guitarist/keyboards), and even had an Hour long singing gig on the radio for a couple of Months, but I absolutely hated speaking in front of people beyond announcing the next song.

Hell, my knees still shake when I have to talk to groups.
Music was and is just another world that I could lose myself in.
If I were Lynch, I'd take the fifth, it is his Constitutional right.
I wonder what the NFL would have to say to that.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
OrFan":2idief3o said:
I agree, Todd.

A lot of people are afraid to speak in public, this is common. Anxiety, on the other hand is far different from being afraid. If he does have anxiety, and gets it diagnosed, to force him to do this could mean a serious lawsuit. Even though I am against people with all these silly suits all the time, they would deserve it. Anxiety is serious and people should not be forced into those situations.

All of this for what? Do they really think they will get their "great quote?" Do they really think they will learn something new? The press, for the most part, are a really low class of people.

Thank you for bringing that up. Some folks will make the grave error of mistaking a normal "fear" or anxious response to a high pressure situation for someone with actual real anxiety. We all can have fears and phobias (yes, public speaking is a common fear) but a diagnosed case of true anxiety is a whole different ball game.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm in board with this thought, Todd. My wife and I had a conversation about his potential anxiety a while back. I have some anxiety as well, and I see some of my own anxious "tells" in some of his mannerisms.

largenutz

Reaction score
I havent checked out any of the other Lynch threads but when that chick reporter says she can smell his cough drop cuz theyre so close, he dips.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The press is fully responsible for the carnage that beastmode unleashes on the Denver defense! I pity the fools that will attempt to tackle him on Sunday! Beastmode is going to go OFF!

Rocket

Reaction score
I dearly hope that his reaction is to amp up on the field...
anxiety is a horrible thing.

Condolences on your hair's fall from your head to your ass, Mr. Breda.
Mine as well. :177692: Age sucks.
Under that tan hat is a horribly transitional hairline. :34853_doh:

djb28

Reaction score
They set Marshawn up for a whole day. They needed a backup attack if they didn't get anything juicy from Sherm.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Lynch probably does suffer from some sort of anxiety as others believe. That is why he is not about the media action, boss.

Latest posts