On The Lynch Fiasco

chris98251

Reaction score
Wife used to sing, hell the Late Great Jim Morrison was scared as hell on stage, why he turned to booze and drugs,

Now you also can take a person that comes out of his shell becasue he or she has control on stage and is the driver and not a passenger. You know what your doing, controlling the tempo and whats going on, you can work the crowd and you don't feel threatened because they want to embrace you. You can make them feel high or low, singers that can work a crowd become demi gods to many fans and followers.

Lynch is not only a passenger in this, he is locked in and can't release the seatbelt till a time clock has been punched. On the field it's him against a defense, his guys have his back. He is in control unless Bevell calls another roll out in the end zone instead of a run to which Beastmode can comminicate with hand signals very well :)

dradee

Reaction score
That interview was making my blood boil, watching Lynch starting to get twisted was sickening. Thank god for Mrob bringing some levity to that bullshit.

Take all this bullshit in and unleash the Beast on those Bronchoes!!! BOSS!!

Crabhawk

Reaction score
I also have diagnosed social anxiety disorder and have been in treatment for about three years, but I have a different take on the Marshawn situation. Here's my story: my situation is based around a permanent speech disorder, so it's not a matter of feeling anxiety when I meet strangers, have to give a presentation, or go on job interviews; I have fairly severe anxiety in any setting when I have to talk to anyone, family and friends included. Every word causes anxiety even though my speech disorder isn't often recognizable to others. In any public situation (e.g. grocery shopping) I have an overwhelming sense that everyone around me is judging me. After any interaction with other people - on the phone, in public, with my family, dating, sending emails, at work etc - I obsessively replay the encounter in my head and fixate on what I perceive to be negative events. These symptoms used to literally occur all day, every day, it was like an infinite loop of failure in my mind. Up until about two years ago, I would still occasionally obsess over perceived embarrassing situations from when I was a small child (< 8 years old). CBT treatments have been very successful for me. It's not easy and there is no slacking off, but I am at a point that I can control my thoughts for the most part and my anxiety isn't dictating my life choices any more.

As others have mentioned public speaking is a prevalent and common fear among a majority of people, and it's important to separate a normal fear of public speaking to those that suffer from an ongoing anxiety disorder. Social anxiety disorders aren't about the discomfort when a trigger event happens, it's about that feeling of anxiety all the time, in irrational situations, that is so strong it causes negative impacts to your life, family, and job. Frankly, regardless of "tells" like leg bouncing, avoiding eye contact, etc, I don't think there's nearly enough evidence to say where Marshawn may or may not fall on that spectrum.

I don't just like Marshawn, I love him. He's my favorite player. He clearly doesn't like giving interviews and I empathize with his discomfort. I don't personally have a problem with the NFL media policy, but I also don't think the press conference he gave this morning serves anyone very well (him, us, media, or NFL). There is ample space for Marshawn to work with the league on reasonable accommodation if he does have a diagnosable condition. Whether or not he interviews or what he says isn't going to affect how much I love him as a player, but at the same time, I'm not buying the "victim" angle in all this.

razgriz737

Reaction score
As someone who deplores public speaking and has also performed onstage in bands (guitarist/drummer), thank you for posting this. It can understandably be a hard concept to grasp for some.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Aros":cuz3q8j7 said:
Clayton and company? You can kiss my hairy ass. I hope to God Lynch goes BEAST MODE ALL DAY LONG SUNDAY!

Lynch, we love ya, Boss!

Pretty much this. I am pissed at Clayton and will never listen to his show again. What a whiny little puissant. Listening to NFL Live "Marshawn said it was members of the Seattle Media that complained to the league and put him in this predicament"

WTF? It had to be Clayton. On Monday on Bob & Groz I think it was he said "The Marshawn interview will be the most interesting." Well then he got stood up apparently and was pissed saying Marshawn was an embarrassment and should be fined $100,000!

You now what John Clayton? You just embarrassed yourself, and the "Seattle Media" on a national stage. If I were a member of the "Seattle Media" I would shun you like the plague.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":13hv80iv said:
ivotuk":13hv80iv said:
I have the same fear, even at work with more than 5 people, I start getting worked up just thinking I might have to speak. I get so nervous sometimes I want to :pukeface:

Quit being a puss.

Hey! I resemble that statement! Or something...

falcongoggles

Reaction score
We are rallying the wagons around Lynch (with I'm cool with), but I hope we will now cut other teams more slack (looking at KP)