One game does not define a season or a team

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2zdjpo3x said:
How about giving credit to the other team?

They played a helluva game.
They sure did.....Well except for the uncalled face mask, pass interferences, and the 2 obvious consecutive lined up in the neutral zone plays.
Credit where credit is due, but not where it isn't.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3p7j748b said:
They DID! I will agree, but we have still beat teams even playing BETTER than the Cowgirls played yesterday.

We just seemed complacent, unenthusiasticly, like it was just going to be a win by us being there. We needed a kick in the ass. Not high temperature to blame. Just a mirror and a mission.
You have to take injuries into consideration, Okung playing with a torn labrum, Maxwell, B-Wags, Unger, just to name just a few, and I think Kam Chancellor was also playing through some pain yesterday.
some of these guys are great players that were playing last Monday Night, but were sorely being missed in this game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":l3c60rjn said:
We won the SB with a team that had found some natural advantages and exploited them. But it looks like the book on how to handle the Seahawks is being written right now. Those natural advantages have been offset. Which means the team is still good, but likely not in the top 5 NFL teams right now.
If this is true, and I agree with you that it is, the coaching staff from Pete on down must counter the book that is being written by finding advantages yet again. To start with, as you mentioned, find a way to get some ball control going again with this offense to keep our light but fast defense fresh. I don't think it's any coincidence that we badly lost TOP in the team's 2 losses to date.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You're right, but as I mentioned in an earlier thread most of the issues we're talking about have been going on all year, Dallas just exposed them for the world to see.

- Stupid penalties
- Bad 3rd down defense
- Bad 3rd down offense
- Horrible pass protection
- Poor pass rushing
- lack of turnovers
- misuse of Percy
- misuse of Marshawn
- Russell trying to do too much

I could go on, but you get my point. These have been problems all year, and we've been able to over come most of them and win three games.......but the other two games good teams have exposed our flaws and issues.

So no, one game does not a season make, 16 games does a season make.......and so far in five games we haven't corrected what needs to be corrected.

chris98251

Reaction score
One game does not define a season, but we have seen two that were really bad in the first five. The biggest issue is were slobbering over Harvin so much we are ignoring the rest of the offense. Used as a weapon and not the whole offense he is effective DOWN the field in the flat, on the wing, in a crossing pattern, and yes Jet sweeps and screens while mixing in the rest of the patterns. This is before the injury bug hit us. Speaking of injury bug, where is our depth at LT, when a player is injured and playing less then 80 percent and we can't put someone else in that can Match that 80 percent performance so he can heal we have an issue also. Thats on the staff, not Okung.