One woman’s quest for Seahawks tickets turns into nightmare

SeaTown81

Reaction score
CANHawk":3st3g559 said:
Just can't trust craigslist for tickets anymore (if you ever could). Just as likely to get scammed than get what you paid for...

This is so true. I would never buy tickets off of Craigslist unless they were for cheap.

As a season ticket holder, I can email my tickets to people. Say I emailed one of my seats to a friend. He then uses a printed out ticket. I still have the original hard copy ticket and sell it to you on Craigslist for crazy money. You take that ticket to get scanned at the gate, it won't work.

Now most season ticket holders won't do that because they'd stand to lose their seats. But people can do it once or so and easily claim that they lost the original tickets.

If it's an in demand game and you're spending significant cash, stick with Stubhub or the NFL ticket exchange site. Only way you can protect yourself.

chris98251

Reaction score
In this high tech age where you can get or find something with key strokes and with 3d printers and scanners to replicate things your better dealing with someone you know or pay the extra dollars at a outlet. I have not been able to afford a game in years but remember scalppers out front and on the street trying to sell tickets, not sure I would trust them to have valid tickets with the stub hub outlets buying everything they can these days as soon as the tickets go on sale.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sucks for this lady...I've been lucky in regards to Craigslist. Last season, we got 4 seats in the loge section in front of Hawks nest for $150 a piece for the Cowboys and Packers game. This season, I bought a pair of season tickets on there for $900 a piece. My cousin originally emailed the guy so I decided to email him myself pretending to be just another prospective buyer. He told me he had a couple parties already interested in the tickets, and he'd let me know if they don't work out. That's when I knew it was legit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":b921248k said:
tickets.jpg

TUKWILA — A woman’s dream to take her family to a highly anticipated Seahawks game turned into a nightmare.

Her quest for great seats led her straight to a con artist.

She bought two tickets from a man to see the Seahawks play the Saints on Monday night — but the tickets turned out to be fake. And she doesn’t want others to make the same mistake.

She wants to keep her name private, but not her story.

“It’s an expensive lesson,” she said.

With all home games sold out, she thought Craigslist was the answer.

“This is section 128, row LL seats 11 and 12.”

Those specific seats were up for sale on Craigslist. She called the man listed on the ad named Jim and hours later the two met and the tickets were in her hand.

“They are hard copy tickets, but they are fake,” she said.

They looked real and she paid $225 for each. Other, similar tickets are going for more than double that amount.

After the purchase, she said, she couldn’t shake a bad feeling she had about it — so she had her son call the same guy to investigate.

“He said the same exact section, row, seat numbers,” the woman said of the ticket seller.

It turned out that the seats do exist, but the original owner had already sold it to someone else. So her tickets were just reprints.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2013/11/29/one-womans ... z2m7kgEzQR
Before I read the article I told myself craigslist I bet. yep! Feel bad for her but you have to be aware of scams, especially on that site.

Latest posts