Oregon vs Neb

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
But was it a fail or was it a mistake by the refs....the world will never know (unless someone recorded it and can prove it).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Have a feeling there might be a few more losses like this one this season, but i'm really encouraged for the future. Most of the game playing 4 freshman o'linemen in their first road game in a hostile stadium like that and they played really well. A few break downs in pass blacking but it was good overall, run blocking was really good.

The defense obviously still has work to do, but I felt they were a lot more competetive then they were last year. They have some good young pieces and they're going to get better.

I'm not sure what to think of Prukop. He's pretty good. I just dont see the "it" factor with him I dont think we're winning any championships this year i'd almost rather just go with Justin Herbert and get him experience for the future.

Helfrich... i think he needs to go. He's a smart guy and a good dude, I just dont think he's the Alpha dog that we need at that position.

Suffered a ton of injuries today to a lot of our best players. Freeman, Crosby, Devon Allen, Schooler, Hopefully none of them are too long term.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
What does Helfritch do? I was only watching the game for the game. Ignorance is bliss.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
JSeahawks":28z987v5 said:
Have a feeling there might be a few more losses like this one this season, but i'm really encouraged for the future. Most of the game playing 4 freshman o'linemen in their first road game in a hostile stadium like that and they played really well. A few break downs in pass blacking but it was good overall, run blocking was really good.

The defense obviously still has work to do, but I felt they were a lot more competetive then they were last year. They have some good young pieces and they're going to get better.

I'm not sure what to think of Prukop. He's pretty good. I just dont see the "it" factor with him I dont think we're winning any championships this year i'd almost rather just go with Justin Herbert and get him experience for the future.

Helfrich... i think he needs to go. He's a smart guy and a good dude, I just dont think he's the Alpha dog that we need at that position.

Suffered a ton of injuries today to a lot of our best players. Freeman, Crosby, Devon Allen, Schooler, Hopefully none of them are too long term.

I agree with everything written here. Here's to Oregon gaining confidence, gelling and maturing as a team this season.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Only a few years ago, Oregon was recruiting top athletes.
Watching them today, I only see average players ... especially on D. Going to the National Championship 2 years ago should brought some more top players ... instead, we can't get pass rushers, we can't get O-Line, we can't get top receivers ... let's not even talk QBs ...
Phil Knight ... get back to work here ... bring us some top dog coach ...

cesame

Reaction score
I gave Nebraska too much credit all week. I now see why they are unranked. They're nothing special.

Which makes it an inexcusable loss for Oregon in my eyes. Had all the momentum in the game and then crapped the bed at the end of the 1st half. It really gave Nebraska life again.

Throw in a couple bad Prukop passes and some really bad calls by the refs and you get an Oregon loss.

At least the team is really young. For being a young team they handled the atmosphere pretty well. Prukop is the one guy that didn't.

Kind of ready to see Herbert. He has a better arm and this season is kind of a rebuilding season.

cesame

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the failed 2pt tries didn't help

Coaching blunder

JSeahawks

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3lwp1y01 said:
Only a few years ago, Oregon was recruiting top athletes.
Watching them today, I only see average players ... especially on D. Going to the National Championship 2 years ago should brought some more top players ... instead, we can't get pass rushers, we can't get O-Line, we can't get top receivers ... let's not even talk QBs ...
Phil Knight ... get back to work here ... bring us some top dog coach ...

Couldnt disagree more with your assessment of WR and o'line. We have the best receiers we've ever had at Oregon. You cant even make an argument for any other group. The o'line has 4 freshman playing and rushed for over 300 yards @Nebraska with our all american RB playing only one quarter. By seasons end I fully expect them to be the best o'line Oregon has ever fielded. Those two position groups are arguably the best we've ever had at Oregon. So is our current running back group.

What we're definatly lacking is defensive play makers. And yes, pass rushers. Doesnt help that two of our starting linebackers (Dye and Hotchkins) were out today, and our best pass rusher (Terrodney Prevot) is suspended. Our safeties are terrible (except true freshman Schooler who got hurt today), and our Defensive tackles are really uninspiring. QB play is also lacking. He needs to get the ball to his playmakers, instead he played like a deer in the head lights pulling the ball down and rushing himself 19 times.

cesame

Reaction score
Best pass rusher is probably Jelks and he was out today

Having him and Prevot would be nice right about now

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sounds like both Royce Freeman and Devon Allen might be done for the season. This is total specualation on my part because Oregon doesnt comment on injuries, but offensive coordinator Lubick got emotional when talking about them after the game. That doesnt happen if the injuries arent serious....

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1nzf274g said:
Based on the penalties and strange calls/lack of replays, I feel like I'm watching the Seahawks.

This is why they have to run up the score so much. Like XLVIII, the refs could not control the game. THis game was controlled by the refs as they let some penalties go for one team and called them on the other team. SAME PENALTIES.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Oregon is in its long slow slide to mediocrity and its delicious.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3bo6d5o2 said:
Oregon is in its long slow slide to mediocrity and its delicious.

On O yesterday, 4 freshman starting on the OL and only 1 Sr, a qb who's backup is much better than him but needs to learn the O.

On D UO starts 1 Sr, and the best players are freshman. UO might be rebuilding, but like J said, don't get used to it. Unlike UW, UO OL is going to be great next year, and games are won and lost in the trenches.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
So its been announced that Devon Allen and Tyrell Crosby are out for the season. We're going to be starting 4 freshman o'linemen the rest of the season. Royce Freeman's injury doesnt seem as serious. Sounds like he'll miss a week or two.

Will be interesting to see what Crosby does. There was thought that he'd turn pro after this season and possibly be a 1st round pick. He does still have a year of eligibility left if he chooses to come back.

cesame

Reaction score
Crosby is the big loss. Definitely hurts.

Allen...team is so stacked at WR it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Freeman.... team is also stacked at RB. Freeman is the best of the bunch, but they'll be fine until Freeman gets healthy. Sounds like a couple weeks.

But with the team going so young now after losing key veterans, it just seems like it's time to put in Herbert and let him play a little bit. Helfrich decided to burn the redshirt on 1 single handoff, so at this point he HAS to play him. Otherwise the handoff is just complete and utter BS.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":22izivh7 said:
But with the team going so young now after losing key veterans, it just seems like it's time to put in Herbert and let him play a little bit. Helfrich decided to burn the redshirt on 1 single handoff, so at this point he HAS to play him. Otherwise the handoff is just complete and utter BS.

Depends on if Herbert is ready to run the full offense yet. If he is, I agree. If he's not, i'd stick with Prukop at least until we lose a pac12 game. Wouldnt mind putting Herbert out there for a series or two every game.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Nobody is going to mention the former Oregon State coach beating Oregon? That's the best part of that game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":29rhpf3o said:
Nobody is going to mention the former Oregon State coach beating Oregon? That's the best part of that game.

Shhh. We're trying to ignore that.

Actually I like mike Riley. He's a good dude.