OTA Press Conference with Russell Wilson

John63

Reaction score
Threedee":1030xb2z said:
John63":1030xb2z said:
unfortunately people are going to take what they want from what he said and if he does not say what they want they will make it up.

IF you are pro Wilson you will see the good
IF your a Wilson hater you will see the bad

Meanwhile, the truth is someplace in between. but what fun is the truth.

He's obviously frustrated, and that's a bad thing, even though I happen to be pro-Wilson. After completing a 007 movie, Daniel Craig said something to the effect that he'd rather be dead then make another one. He still came back for a couple more.

You are entitled to believe whatever you want, but keep in mind in the end you really don't know, just like I don't. It all comes down to what you want to believe.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Depending on these two factors:
1. how this season goes
2. at some point between now and Sept does Russ's contract get turned into a bonus to save cap. room but then causing a bigger hit with a trade next off-season

We will see what happens next off-season. I can't see the Hawks letting Russ play it out in the last year of his deal and then walk. If both sides are serious about Russ staying in Seattle long term we will hear early in the off-season that the goal is to get a new deal done. If not....back to the off-season circus

TreeRon

Reaction score
Threedee":1tnqk9tv said:
John63":1tnqk9tv said:
unfortunately people are going to take what they want from what he said and if he does not say what they want they will make it up.

He's obviously frustrated, and that's a bad thing, even though I happen to be pro-Wilson. After completing a 007 movie, Daniel Craig said something to the effect that he'd rather be dead then make another one. He still came back for a couple more.

Is that a coded remark meaning Wilson is the next 007?

chris98251

Reaction score
TreeRon":1ffpr983 said:
Threedee":1ffpr983 said:
John63":1ffpr983 said:

Is that a coded remark meaning Wilson is the next 007?

Sean Connery said Never again, they actually Named the next movie he was in Never say Never Again.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1tubor8s said:
1. how this season goes
2. at some point between now and Sept does Russ's contract get turned into a bonus to save cap. room but then causing a bigger hit with a trade next off-season

We will see what happens next off-season. I can't see the Hawks letting Russ play it out in the last year of his deal and then walk. If both sides are serious about Russ staying in Seattle long term we will hear early in the off-season that the goal is to get a new deal done. If not....back to the off-season circus
There will be no new deal as he has 3 seasons left and they won't convert existing deal because
if he was to be traded that money pushed back pretty much kills that.
A lot is riding on this season and he's gone if it goes like last year no doubt.

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":16uk5uca said:
HawkRiderFan":16uk5uca said:
1. how this season goes

There will be no new deal as he has 3 seasons left and they won't convert existing deal because
A lot is riding on this season and he's gone if it goes like last year no doubt.

Again your opinion. The reality is noone other than Wilson and the FO knows, the rest of us can only guess and what u guess is usually an indication of what you want to have happen.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yes on opinion and what I want to happen..It took 30 min to catch my sea bass :irishdrinkers:

Spohawks

Reaction score
I thought he looked nervous but he got through it. Any relationship that lasts as long as Russ and the Hawks is going to have ups and downs. He did and said the right things to keep the ship sailing, thats all we can ask out of him.

Enjoy him while you have him, that 2nd round project QB is right around the corner.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
IndyHawk":60shbllr said:
HawkRiderFan":60shbllr said:
1. how this season goes

My bad. I thought he only had 2 years left on his deal

John63

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":jaz81j4m said:
IndyHawk":jaz81j4m said:
HawkRiderFan":jaz81j4m said:
1. how this season goes

My bad. I thought he only had 2 years left on his deal

while all that obviously anti Wilson about why they don't redo his deal because how it would affect the Hawks if they trade him is of course one way to look at it. Given he has a no trade clause this whole line of thinking is kind of silly. As he can make it so the hawks have no choice but to re sign him or let him walk. that said here is another view.
IF they convert his salary and push it to the end of his current contract, and then they try to work out a deal and can't but want to tag him the tag number will be based on his last season numbers which will be much higher if they redo his contract now. So by not redoing his contract not they save themselves money later should they have to tag him. Also when it is time to renegotiate obviously normally there would be an increase do you really want Wilson agent to be able to use his last years salary as a starting point after you redid it and back loaded it. This idea has been floated by non-other than the Professor. See amazing how you can look at things from to angles. Depending on the angle you choose shows were you stand.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Well there is scientific research that posits individuals who say "um" a lot when talking well.....google it

Latest posts