Our "Tier 3 QB" is on the move.....

ludakrishna

Reaction score
6 good quarters and he's the second coming of Montana? I want to see him consistently perform prior to changing my opinion. Hell, even Blake Bortles has looked unstoppable in stretches.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2bprt2zx said:
6 good quarters and he's the second coming of Montana? I want to see him consistently perform prior to changing my opinion. Hell, even Blake Bortles has looked unstoppable in stretches.

6 good quarters since 2012? Perform consistent with one of the leagues worst olines in pass protection since he's been here?

I suggest you find a new team. You hate our coach and QB, so is there a 3rd Washington with a team?

BTW....how do you like your title? You should write in to NFL.com and tell them they are full of crap ranking him at 7 after week 4.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like many, you have already made up your mind Luda, doesn't matter what he does. Clearly it won't be good enough for you. Whatever gets you thru the day :roll:
There are plenty of other teams you could pull for. Since you seem to hate just about everything about THIS team.

mrt144

Reaction score
Man, tiers are a dumb thing. I even wrote about it.

Secondly, I think the problem is evaluating RW from the platonic ideal of a QB and working backwards than taking a holistic look at how he functions within the team. Like, is there anyone else who can do the read option, the rollouts, the scrambles, throw a pretty deep ball and generally doesn't have a high turnover rate per touch?

It's one of those questions where you can absolutely say that RW isn't the platonic ideal of a QB but he contributes in his own special ways that wouldnt be easily replacable either in terms of meeting the platonic ideal OR replicating the unique abilties RW has. Like what other QBs would do better than RW in Seattle? How well would RW do in other situations - it's all speculative but I am pretty sure that every criticism of RW that is true would also be true for 90-95% of other QBs in the sitaution - runs from clean pockets on occasion, doesn't see every read every time, apprehensive without ANY of the upside.

He's kind of his own weird QB cat and the Hawks utilize him as such.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
mrt144":1dwylkm2 said:
Man, tiers are a dumb thing. I even wrote about it.

Secondly, I think the problem is evaluating RW from the platonic ideal of a QB and working backwards than taking a holistic look at how he functions within the team. Like, is there anyone else who can do the read option, the rollouts, the scrambles, throw a pretty deep ball and generally doesn't have a high turnover rate per touch?

It's one of those questions where you can absolutely say that RW isn't the platonic ideal of a QB but he contributes in his own special ways that wouldnt be easily replacable either in terms of meeting the platonic ideal OR replicating the unique abilties RW has. Like what other QBs would do better than RW in Seattle? How well would RW do in other situations - it's all speculative but I am pretty sure that every criticism of RW that is true would also be true for 90-95% of other QBs in the sitaution - runs from clean pockets on occasion, doesn't see every read every time, apprehensive without ANY of the upside.

He's kind of his own weird QB cat and the Hawks utilize him as such.

He's an outlier who wins and stays healthy with a model deemed imperfect for today's NFL. Everyone loves the tall statuesque strong armed pocket QB for obvious reasons. That's why 5 such guys were drafted ahead of Russell Wilson. As Doug Flutie once said, "When you're short you have to prove you can play and when you are tall, you have to prove you can't." There are innate biases even coming from pro talent scouts.

A QB that can function and stay healthy behind a terrible OL probably deserves to be top tier because few QB's can. Brady, Rodgers and Wilson would fit that description.