Our Turn on Deadspin's Why Your Team Sucks

Cartire

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":jnn3hd6z said:
I've read them all and this was one of the more spiteful, less fun ones (obviously I'm biased). But there was very little football content and more of a I hate this team vibe.

Thats the point.

Drew Magary is a popular writer who writes for Deadspin, GQ and a few other things. The whole point of these "Why your team sucks" is to be the opposing fans trumpet. Its not about football analysis or actual predictions. ITs just a fun exercise in making fun of a team and hating on them.

Anyone who ever takes any of these seriously or even pretend seriously, needs to calm down.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It's a but of a stretch when you go around saying one of the best teams in the NFL is actually one of the worst. That's why these things usually work better for teams like the Browns and the Titans.

It did have some funny stuff in it tough, especially the Russell part got some laughs out of me.

rastahawk

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":y17cqdis said:
"He’s not Megatron, you know. He’s just some asshole."

:lol:

Damn I'm still laughing. Best explanation of why that play call was the wrong one.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I love these. Every team seems to be somewhat funny; though the R-words may have taken the cake this year.

Agree about #12 jerseys being stupid.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":qxytxe65 said:
"I can’t even imagine how many of his teammates make a wanking gesture any time this guy walks into the locker room and is like IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE SPECIAL, YOU GUYS"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be surprised if this type of thing does'nt happen all the time :lol: It was funny, though I could not read the part about the final play. Too sad..

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
rastahawk":3ppsefr8 said:
JAGHAWK":3ppsefr8 said:
"He’s not Megatron, you know. He’s just some asshole."

:lol:

Damn I'm still laughing. Best explanation of why that play call was the wrong one.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
kobebryant":3bv8066b said:
IAgree about #12 jerseys being stupid.

I'm seeing a growing number of people with this opinion as of late. I don't get it. :229031_confused2: I've never owned a 12 jersey myself but for the life of me I can't come up with a single reason why it would be stupid to own one...?

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":8ykrfd31 said:
kobebryant":8ykrfd31 said:
IAgree about #12 jerseys being stupid.

I'm seeing a growing number of people with this opinion as of late. I don't get it. :229031_confused2: I've never owned a 12 jersey myself but for the life of me I can't come up with a single reason why it would be stupid to own one...?

I guess I'm stupid? *shrug*

mrt144

Reaction score
Someone should have just said "inferiority complex writ large".

That's the worst problem with the fanbase more than anything else.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If you can't laugh at this sort of thing you probably take everything too seriously, including yourself.

minormillikin

Reaction score
#12 doesn't get injured, traded or hold out for more money. Sounds like the best jersey to me.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
minormillikin":202uoqad said:
#12 doesn't get injured, traded or hold out for more money. Sounds like the best jersey to me.

Don't root for the player. Root for the team.

Giblien

Reaction score
"Oooooh, look! It’s Jimmy Graham! I bet you fans are just dying to see Graham catch jump-balls in a fully armed and operational Seattle offense."

LOL. That's funny.

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
Why even feed into the haters?
people can say anything, and they do!
Kam could be back tomorrow! and we are going to have a great year ether Way!
GO HAWKS!

Cartire

Reaction score
ExBassGuide":3fd72gsm said:
Why even feed into the haters?
people can say anything, and they do!
Kam could be back tomorrow! and we are going to have a great year ether Way!
GO HAWKS!

Its not hating. Its parody.

He does all 32 teams every year. In fact, Patriots is the last one and comes tomorrow. (Hes goes in order by worst record to best record)

Honestly, its ok to laugh at ourselves every once in awhile. This is still an entertainment medium.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Frank Clark bit was off the mark. The Marshawn snipe wasn't funny.

Other than that, great stuff.

Boom84

Reaction score
bmorepunk":l2yilkv4 said:
If you can't laugh at this sort of thing you probably take everything too seriously, including yourself.

The truest sentiment! It would help folks to read others and see that it's all in fun, and a scathing roast of EVERY team. I loved it when the Seahawks came around. It's funny, as f***. :th2thumbs:

However, if it makes anyone feel better..."Who's got it better than us?!" EVERYBODY!!!!

Why Your Team Sucks 2015: San Francisco 49ers

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wgpxxle said:
You don't see the over the top calculated fake-esque personality of Wilson? Or how it's easy to root against Sherman cause he's such a I'm the greatest loud mouth? Or Pete's smugness (hell someone even made a gif of a monocled Pete strutting down the sideline for God's sake)? Or how our fan's can be obnoxious?
Sure, Wilson does give canned interview responses and he obviously cares a lot about his image, his faith and his branding. That's dorky but not really that funny? He didn't talk about Sherman, the Pete thing is a meme enabled by his tragic gum habit, and every fan base is obnoxious.

bmorepunk":1wgpxxle said:
The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis is seriously funny. Jimmy Graham is Going to Get Hurt! is only pretending to be funny by playing the "oh no he didn't!!" card.

Latest posts