Our Turn on Deadspin's Why Your Team Sucks

Cartire

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":85jkgq7g said:
Cartire":85jkgq7g said:
BlueTalon":85jkgq7g said:
StoneCold":85jkgq7g said:
I thought it was at times funny, at other times over stating, and generally didn't take any of it seriously. But whether the reasons to hate the Hawks are real or not those are all things that opposing fans latch onto and use to fuel their hate for our team.
That's exactly why I didn't read the whole thing. I can get any of that same tripe on other team's message boards.

I read part of it. A few bits were amusing, but mostly it was pedantic.

The highbrow is astonishing. Its a satire piece, and you dont care for it. Thats fine, but get off the high horse.

Post, not the poster. Wow!

He doesn't find it amusing, and neither did I. It was poor humor: a bit of overstatement with a dose of sarcasm. Not much was clever or original. Mostly, just negativity. I wouldn't read this about any other team, either. Not a high-horse, just a different appreciation of humor.

I didnt attack him. I told him to get off the high horse. The article is written like an overly-passionate fan with more swearing then a Quentin Tarantino movie. Using the word, pedantic, to describe it, is akin to telling everyone here who thought it was funny, "You're humor is beneath me."

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Cartire":2hww6ldd said:
Ad Hawk":2hww6ldd said:
Cartire":2hww6ldd said:
BlueTalon":2hww6ldd said:
I read part of it. A few bits were amusing, but mostly it was pedantic.
The highbrow is astonishing. Its a satire piece, and you dont care for it. Thats fine, but get off the high horse.
Post, not the poster. Wow!

He doesn't find it amusing, and neither did I. It was poor humor: a bit of overstatement with a dose of sarcasm. Not much was clever or original. Mostly, just negativity. I wouldn't read this about any other team, either. Not a high-horse, just a different appreciation of humor.
I didnt attack him. I told him to get off the high horse. The article is written like an overly-passionate fan with more swearing then a Quentin Tarantino movie. Using the word, pedantic, to describe it, is akin to telling everyone here who thought it was funny, "You're humor is beneath me."
That particular humor IS pedantic, and it IS beneath me. That's my opinion. If you like the stuff, more power to ya.

I actually find it quite funny, however, that you fail to see the irony in telling me to get off my high horse. I'm not the one assigning myself the position of arbiter of other people's humor and opinions. I never once said anything about other people's appreciation of humor. I live the motto (among many others), people are entitled to like what they like. But that does not obligate me to like what they like -- and in this case, I don't.

Cartire

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2oz6q4mi said:
That particular humor IS pedantic, and it IS beneath me. That's my opinion. If you like the stuff, more power to ya.

I actually find it quite funny, however, that you fail to see the irony in telling me to get off my high horse. I'm not the one assigning myself the position of arbiter of other people's humor and opinions. I never once said anything about other people's appreciation of humor. I live the motto (among many others), people are entitled to like what they like. But that does not obligate me to like what they like -- and in this case, I don't.

I said you didnt have to like it. But no one uses the word pedantic unless they are implying that the humor is beneath them. Which in itself, implies others are beneath you. Thats the part I took issue with. Not that you didnt like it.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
And that is where I take issue with you. I am allowed to say I don't like the humor, but I'm not allowed to say why?

The word "pedantic" describes what I thought of the humor, and it remains an accurate description of what I think of that humor. I'm not belittling anyone. If you want to infer I was putting people down by referring to the humor as pedantic, that's your business. Don't put that on me.

Cartire

Reaction score
BlueTalon":88x88g2l said:
And that is where I take issue with you. I am allowed to say I don't like the humor, but I'm not allowed to say why?

The word "pedantic" describes what I thought of the humor, and it remains an accurate description of what I think of that humor. I'm not belittling anyone. If you want to infer I was putting people down by referring to the humor as pedantic, that's your business. Don't put that on me.

K

Latest posts