Out of state Hawk fans, speak up.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Hawk fan from Calgary, Alberta, and I became a Hawk fan in 1983 when I was about ten years old and fell in love with Steve Largent, Curt Warner and Dave Krieg, and have watched all their games and followed them closely ever since. I've only been to one game - an exhibition game against Dallas in 2005, the other year the Hawks made the Super Bowl.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Born and raised in NJ.

Been a die hard since 2004.
Before then I had no interest in football whatsoever, but I do remember purchasing a GB hat back in 93 or so.
Purely for style though.

Reaction score
Diehard since 02 in Easton, Pa lots of hawk love this year from a lot of random people out here.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Out of state and out of country. Living in Calgary, AB, grew up near Regina, Sask - yes the same place where they raised a 12th man flag in honour of Jon Ryan today. Hawk fan since 83. My interest in the Hawks was first raised in 82 when a friend of my dad's told me about his favorite QB in the NFL was Jim Zorn. That got me me paying more attention to them. At that point Largent and Zorn were the only Hawks I could name. First time I actually saw them on TV was the 83 Wildcard game and I was hooked.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Born and raised in Oregon, joined the Air Force out of high school and spent the majority of my career in Oklahoma City. I've been avidly watching the Hawks since the early '90's. While growing up my family watched some games, but we were casual fans at best. Here in Cowgirl country it is trying at times, but most don't hate the Hawks, mainly because they know that their team REALLY sucks with Jones at the helm.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Grew up in Washington. Been all over the country since then but still love my Hawks. Stuck in Nebraska now.

MookieB88

Reaction score
From the UK originally, but now living in SoCal......try and get to as many games as I can and will be going to the SuperBowl next week, I vowed I wouldn't miss out after I missed the last one....who knows when it will happen again, if ever!!

tdigitee

Reaction score
I grew up in Virginia and became a Seahawks fan around 1980 - some of the bigger kids I played football with were talking about Zorn and Largent, and I just latched on to the team then. Rarely got to see them on TV, and I vividly remember squinting to try and watch a Seattle-KC game (MNF?) through the TV "snow" on a tiny black and white set - Seattle was driving, then they called a "touchback" which I thought was a good thing, but then KC had the ball at the 20?!?!?!?! I live in Maryland now where everyone is a Redskins or Ravens fan, so when I fly the 12 flag I definitely get questions about what it means!

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Born and raised in the great PNW. Went to college at Utah State University then moved back to Washington for a few years. Back then didnt see as many Hawks fans. Love that they are everywhere out there now.

Was a diehard Hawk fan since I was a wee lad back in the 70's. Always have and will be my favorite team.

Then I moved to CA, FL and now living in Kansas. In FL it was fun. I was the first Hawks fan most people out there had ever met. Now I get lots of messages from those individuals out there wishing me good luck.

It is definitely fun being on an island. Thank goodness for .net though keeps me feeling like I am not totally alone.

Love driving around the mid west with the Hawk on my car, flying the 12 flag proudly outside the house, and having my family and myself repping the Hawks most days.

Go Hawks!!

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":1a520sby said:
Since we are friends , you know where I am, but I will say that I am a member of a huge group of SoCal Hawk fans. I live next door to Sony studios and on Wednesday, it will be Seahawk day on the Queen Latifa show, and I'll be there in the audience all Hawked out. If there are any others that are in the area and want to go, it is Wed. the 29th at Sony Studios in Culver City @11:00 a.m.

PM me for details.

Rob, I PMed you.....

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Born in Montana. I became interested in the Hawks in 1982 because of my parents love for the Seahawks. Not much else to cheer for in Montana as far as sports go, so it was Hawks and I never looked back. I became an addict once left college and moved to Seattle and remained for 6 years. I had the luxury of following the Hawks in the Dome. Good times were had, some not so good, but it was always a party. :thirishdrinkers: Loved the energy and will of the Seahawks Team, as well as the fans in Seattle. It was that desire and drive that has stuck with me all these years.

Sadly, I had to leave right as they were finishing building Seahawks Stadium after the dang earthquake. Lost my job because the building was damaged. :cry: I had to chase a new opportunity and relocated to Texas. Now living in Dallas, TX . I try to go to the road games now, when the money is there. This has been equally exciting, as you feel like it is you verses the a stadium of enemies/the other fans and they joy of walking out of there with a win.

Surprisingly, people have been pretty cool on the hawks down here in the south. I get a lot of props on our team from the locals. People seem to be excited about the hawks. This is a good feeling, yet strange given I am in Cowboy country. So here I am spreading the joy to anyone and everyone who will listen.

James in PA

Reaction score
As my name states I live in Pennsylvania. Born and raised here. I started following the Seahawks in the early 80's when they drafted Curt Warner out of Penn State. While I had my eye on Warner and the Hawks for a couple years, I officially decided to make the Seahawks "my team" in 1986 and haven't looked back since. I will never forget that 1986 season. We started 5-6 and then won our last 5 games convincingly to finish 10-6. We were the hottest team in football and beat both Super Bowl participants that year. I truly believe we would have won the whole thing had we made the playoffs, but we just missed out.

halps80

Reaction score
Allentown, Pennsylvania. Born in NJ, moved to Marysville (30 miles N of Seattle) when I was 5 (1979), then to Allentown when I was 12. Relocated back to Seattle after college for two seasons ('96 & '97), then returned to PA.

I was the only kid in my PA middle school with an official KIRO #12 FAN sweatshirt. Got a hawk logo tattoo while in college in NE PA (1993-coming off a 2-14 season).

ctown12

Reaction score
Born in Puyallup in 81, lived there until I joined the Navy in '01. Stationed in MD for 8 years and have been stationed in Hawaii since '10. I was 4 when I first went to a Seahawks game and have been a die hard fan since then. My whole family, to include my 4 children, are rabid Seahawks fans. Have had a 12th Man flag flying outside my house since '03 and even flew a flag over Afghanistan for the team that I was able to present to the team in '10 on opening day.

Ballspiker

Reaction score
Live out of... country. In India. Navy brat who lived in Silverdale for 6 years in the 80's and early 90's. Went to a couple of Hawks games as a kid, but my allegiance to and enjoyment of the team has only grown since I was a kid in the area. I'm taking a personal day and pulling my son out of school on Monday so I can watch our boys 13 (and a half) hours later than you all at 5 in the morning here. Well worth it.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Anchorage, Spokane, Seattle, Spokane, Pueblo (during Elways two Super Bowls....ug), Anchorage. Been a Hawks fan their entire existence.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Born in Moses Lake...live in Valencia CA now...

Fan since birth...1976 baby!!

mitleth

Reaction score
I was born and raised in good old Nebraska. As a small kid in the early 90's, I really just liked certain players. My favorite player slowly became Ricky Watters (eagles years, not niners). I also had a much older brother so I got his kids toy football uniform that he got when he was a kid. I didn't have any choice and had a kids sized Seahawks helmet handed down to me.

Naturally, putting two and two together, when Ricky came to the 'Hawks in '98, I was hooked! I have always, and still live in Nebraska, so I am not in the majority whenever I go to the bar to watch the games in lincoln/omaha. If anyone knows of a seahawk bar (official or unofficial), or are willing to welcome a hawk fan into your viewing group in the area, let me know!

I watched the NFCCG at a sports bar in Omaha, and out of the 150 people there, I was 1 of 4 'Hawks fans! I still don't know where I want to watch the Superb owl. I just don't know how many more "nice jersey, bandwagon fan!" comments I can take without snapping!