Pass chart- Do we ever throw over the middle?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Bobblehead":20pssbe3 said:
I still think it's just harder for Wilson to throw in the middle.. besides, he's too often scrambling for his life, which negates any middle.
He can't throw routes going into the middle cause he can't see over the lineman. Just my theory.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2xg91rkg said:
Bobblehead":2xg91rkg said:
I still think it's just harder for Wilson to throw in the middle.. besides, he's too often scrambling for his life, which negates any middle.
He can't throw routes going into the middle cause he can't see over the lineman. Just my theory.

LOL, it's always been my theory as well.. I just get blasted everytime I say it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Yea let’s ignore the obvious passing chart showing he can throw over the middle lol

More big targets would also help. We need our Mike Williams or Keenan Allen

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2ej42nax said:
Yea let’s ignore the obvious passing chart showing he can throw over the middle lol

The passing chart for most of the season shows probably 85% of his passes are to the sides. Not saying he can't throw to the middle just that our game plan doesn't for some reason call for it.

mrt144

Reaction score
seabowl":2kattfo8 said:
Scorpion05":2kattfo8 said:

The passing chart for most of the season shows probably 85% of his passes are to the sides. Not saying he can't throw to the middle just that our game plan doesn't for some reason call for it.

When I consider the way the Hawks pursued their offense into a corner and had no recourse when stuck - why would it surprise anyone that the Hawks conceptually avoid the middle of the field for reasons including but not limited to RW's limits in ability there?

Some things just make more sense when you throw out comparisons between the Hawks and other teams in their approach to offensive football. Basically the first reasonable answer to any question is "Because Pete wants it that way" until there is an equally or more reasonable second answer. There are so many little things that don't really make sense under other rationales when you start adding them all together, but make total sense when you think "Pete doing Pete things".

I know that isn't a satisfactory answer.

John63

Reaction score
seabowl":e41fikb0 said:
Scorpion05":e41fikb0 said:

Pete has said he does not like throwing to the middle to many opportunities for deflections, tips, and TOs.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
John63":1rkxrxr8 said:
seabowl":1rkxrxr8 said:
Scorpion05":1rkxrxr8 said:

Pete has said he does not like throwing to the middle to many opportunities for deflections, tips, and TOs.

Well Pete's not going to say.. Russell can't throw in the middle is he? LOL

John63

Reaction score
Bobblehead":23hce95u said:
John63":23hce95u said:
seabowl":23hce95u said:
Scorpion05":23hce95u said:

LOL so instead of going with what Pete does say we should assume he is lying and go with your factless opinion. Yeah sorry, I will go with what was said by the guy who would know instead of a guy trying to push a narrative with nothing to support is. FYI the pass chart makes it clear though we don't do it a lot when we do Wilson is very good at it.

mrt144

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3txkpjma said:
John63":3txkpjma said:
seabowl":3txkpjma said:
Scorpion05":3txkpjma said:

Whethet he can or cant isnt the issue though, really. Youre basically tipping your hand to opposing DCs, either in word or deed.

John63

Reaction score
mrt144":3ths2za3 said:
Bobblehead":3ths2za3 said:
John63":3ths2za3 said:
seabowl":3ths2za3 said:

Whethet he can or cant isnt the issue though, really. Youre basically tipping your hand to opposing DCs, either in word or deed.

Does not matter the chart clearly shows he can and do it very well.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
John63":3kce82nh said:
mrt144":3kce82nh said:
Bobblehead":3kce82nh said:
John63":3kce82nh said:

What chart are you talking about? He barely throws over the middle so how do you know he does it very well? Click on the link in the earlier post to see what he did this season and then comment.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2i1kumqb said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2i1kumqb said:
Bobblehead":2i1kumqb said:

LOL, it's always been my theory as well.. I just get blasted everytime I say it.
Lol. Truuueeee!!

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":4erzkx2h said:
These are their actions so I guess the words were correct even though you seem to have a loss of memory.

Brandon Marshall attempt twice.

Sidney Rice

Mike Williams

Terrell Owens who didn't make it out of camp.

Ricardo Lockette who didn't pan out as consistent

Tanner McEvoy who they tried to develop

Chris Matthews

Jaron Brown this year at 6'3

They keep trying, some of it is players and I will add some of it was Bevells inability to use players correctly, see Jimmy Graham.

Sidney Rice. Hmmm.. I forgot about him.

The rest is a bunch of low money, low pick, or UDFA shots in the dark.

Where is the significant investment? Big MONEY, or High DRAFT CAPITAL investment.

The little guys, they have spent far more $$$$. And used WAAAAY HIGHER draft investment.

That is my main point --> investment. ($$$$ & DRAFT PICKS)

Big Money --> Baldwin
Big Money & a lot of picks -> Lockett
Big Money & Crazy Draft compensation -> Harvin.
2nd rounder for Tate.
2nd rounder for Richardson. And the Seahawks 1st selection of that draft.

vs.

Big Money --> Rice
Big Money & Crazy compensation--> Graham. (Then proceeded to not treat him like a WR, but an inline TE.)

The rest are low investment.

If going after Marshall the 1st time is counted, then we have to account for all of the receivers they have went after as well, which is impossible to know. At the end of the day no big money was spent on him.

Fade

Reaction score
mrt144":2d8635tk said:
Bobblehead":2d8635tk said:
John63":2d8635tk said:
seabowl":2d8635tk said:

That is Pete's philosophy. "You know what's coming, and we're going to do it anyway."

Then when the players fail from being incredibly predictable. Blame it on execution without being able to figure out how the 2 are correlated.

Pete is a good football coach but this obvious flaw is so damn annoying.

Fade

Reaction score
Chawker":qsg0y3li said:
Maybe Russ is just a one trick pony that refuses to learn any new plays.
2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2FsOVueselOTje82Fgiphy

Are you serious on this? I need to know :D

Wilson learned two different pro-style offenses in college seamlessly. Setting an efficiency record at Wisconsin his 1st year in the system. Then comes to the Seahawks in his 1st year with them and throws for 26 TDs and 100 passer rating as a rookie.

3 different offensive systems in 3 years.

1st year with Schotty sets new personal bests and franchise records in TDs & Passer Rating.

They need to put more on his plate if anything.

John63

Reaction score
seabowl":1txrp3jx said:
John63":1txrp3jx said:
mrt144":1txrp3jx said:
Bobblehead":1txrp3jx said:

What chart are you talking about? He barely throws over the middle so how do you know he does it very well? Click on the link in the earlier post to see what he did this season and then comment.

I did, I am the one who posted it, it clearly shows he can and when he doe she does it well. You are confusing quantity with quality. He hardly gets to throw period compare to most QBs, but he is very very good at it. In fact, the reality that he does not do it as much as others QBs but still has a high success rate proves that point. Example if you throw 20 passes and start out 1-10 the best you can do if you go 10-10 in the 2nd set of 10 is 11-20 or 55%. However, if you go 1-10 in your first 10 but throw 30 times total you can actually go 16-20 in the next 20 to get to 17-30 and 56%. Lower attempts leaves less room for error. All that said the point I was disagreeing with was he3 cant do it, well he can, and has a,d has been successful. The fact he does not do it a lot does not mean it is an indictment of his ability, it could mean as Pete has said he does not like his Qbs throwing over the middle due to greater risk, this goes hand in hand with Pets philosophy of low risk

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":37czkm9f said:
chris98251":37czkm9f said:
These are their actions so I guess the words were correct even though you seem to have a loss of memory.

Brandon Marshall attempt twice.

Sidney Rice

Mike Williams

Terrell Owens who didn't make it out of camp.

Ricardo Lockette who didn't pan out as consistent

Tanner McEvoy who they tried to develop

Chris Matthews

Jaron Brown this year at 6'3

They keep trying, some of it is players and I will add some of it was Bevells inability to use players correctly, see Jimmy Graham.

Sidney Rice. Hmmm.. I forgot about him.

The rest is a bunch of low money, low pick, or UDFA shots in the dark.

Where is the significant investment? Big MONEY, or High DRAFT CAPITAL investment.

The little guys, they have spent far more $$$$. And used WAAAAY HIGHER draft investment.

That is my main point --> investment. ($$$$ & DRAFT PICKS)

Big Money --> Baldwin
Big Money & a lot of picks -> Lockett
Big Money & Crazy Draft compensation -> Harvin.
2nd rounder for Tate.
2nd rounder for Richardson. And the Seahawks 1st selection of that draft.

vs.

Big Money --> Rice
Big Money & Crazy compensation--> Graham. (Then proceeded to not treat him like a WR, but an inline TE.)

The rest are low investment.

If going after Marshall the 1st time is counted, then we have to account for all of the receivers they have went after as well, which is impossible to know. At the end of the day no big money was spent on him.

The point is they have been looking for their Julio Jones for a while but they have tried the discount develop late round pick route and F.A., remember all the 4th round faliures as well.

mrt144

Reaction score
Fade":ap1no49m said:
mrt144":ap1no49m said:
Bobblehead":ap1no49m said:
John63":ap1no49m said:

That is Pete's philosophy. "You know what's coming, and we're going to do it anyway."

Then when the players fail from being incredibly predictable. Blame it on execution without being able to figure out how the 2 are correlated.

Pete is a good football coach but this obvious flaw is so damn annoying.

Why couldn't have Pete found some ego reward in being clever?

Leee-roy

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
Bobblehead wrote:

EXACTLY!!!