Pass D

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Fade":nxc20t7o said:
jamescasey1124":nxc20t7o said:
Coverage isnt the issue with Adam's. He is consistently tight coverage and in the right place. Would have had like 5 pics this year except dropsies. Only thing he lacks is hands.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1325837035932966912[/tweet]
I'm sure he will get better once he gets paid, they always do.
Lets be fair to Adams..He played with broken fingers(multiple)
A torn labrum which affects arms motion and strength.
He also hurt the other shoulder..He tried to play but damn he was
not even 70% with all those injuries for sure.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1i3jk2ne said:
Fade":1i3jk2ne said:
jamescasey1124":1i3jk2ne said:
Coverage isnt the issue with Adam's. He is consistently tight coverage and in the right place. Would have had like 5 pics this year except dropsies. Only thing he lacks is hands.

Pff is crap just like no one on our line gave up up more than 4 sacks but somehow russ got sacked 47 times. I guess 30 plus sacks were on russ, rbs and tes. Pff sucks.
PFF considers a successful pass block to be 2.5 seconds. After that, the sack is someone else's fault. Russell Wilson was the 5th slowest to get rid of the ball in 2020 at an average of 2.97 seconds to throw, so statistically speaking he is going to take more sacks where his linemen made successful pass blocks than someone like Ben Roethlisburger, who got he ball away on average in 2.3 seconds.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":11r8km5x said:
jamescasey1124":11r8km5x said:
Fade":11r8km5x said:
jamescasey1124":11r8km5x said:

Pff is crap just like no one on our line gave up up more than 4 sacks but somehow russ got sacked 47 times. I guess 30 plus sacks were on russ, rbs and tes. Pff sucks.
PFF considers a successful pass block to be 2.5 seconds. After that, the sack is someone else's fault. Russell Wilson was the 5th slowest to get rid of the ball in 2020 at an average of 2.97 seconds to throw, so statistically speaking he is going to take more sacks where his linemen made successful pass blocks than someone like Ben Roethlisburger, who got he ball away on average in 2.3 seconds.

Again pff is crap. There is a lot more that goes into a play then 3 seconds and it's over. Plus I'm sick if the whole holds the ball crap. There was a post in this forum a month ago that compared him to other qbs and he was pretty spot on.

So according to pff. Lineman can just let their blocks go and it wont be on them after 2.5? Great mindset to have. That's horse shit. How because football players know to go until the whistle blows.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":119itoar said:
KiwiHawk":119itoar said:
jamescasey1124":119itoar said:
Fade":119itoar said:

Again o
Pff .is crap. There is a lot more that goes into a play then 3 seconds and it's over. Plus I'm sick if the whole holds the ball crap. There was a post in this forum a month ago that compared him to other qbs and he was pretty spot on.

So according to pff. Lineman can just let their blocks go and it wont be on them after 2.5? Great mindset to have. That's horse shit. How because football players know to go until the whistle blows.

Yes, and if the whistle is taking significantly longer to blow, you can expect the linemen to have a harder job and therefore the number of sacks to increase.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":30y4jcs9 said:
KiwiHawk":30y4jcs9 said:
jamescasey1124":30y4jcs9 said:
Fade":30y4jcs9 said:

Again o
Pff .is crap. There is a lot more that goes into a play then 3 seconds and it's over. Plus I'm sick if the whole holds the ball crap. There was a post in this forum a month ago that compared him to other qbs and he was pretty spot on.

So according to pff. Lineman can just let their blocks go and it wont be on them after 2.5? Great mindset to have. That's horse $h!t. How because football players know to go until the whistle blows.
Somehow I don't think their stat makes any linemen just give up blocking after 2.5 seconds. The stat is derived from the average time to throw (note: derived from, not equal to).

So it's really he other way around - the game determines the stat, not the stat determines the game.

But the fact of the matter is that Wilson is 5th-slowest in the NFL to get rid of the ball, regardless of what some post said. Every half-second, an opponent can travel around 4-5 yards, so time holding the ball matters.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":11w91zoa said:
jamescasey1124":11w91zoa said:
KiwiHawk":11w91zoa said:
jamescasey1124":11w91zoa said:

Again o

So according to pff. Lineman can just let their blocks go and it wont be on them after 2.5? Great mindset to have. That's horse $h!t. How because football players know to go until the whistle blows.
Somehow I don't think their stat makes any linemen just give up blocking after 2.5 seconds. The stat is derived from the average time to throw (note: derived from, not equal to).

So it's really he other way around - the game determines the stat, not the stat determines the game.

But the fact of the matter is that Wilson is 5th-slowest in the NFL to get rid of the ball, regardless of what some post said. Every half-second, an opponent can travel around 4-5 yards, so time holding the ball matters.

Where its derived and what ever you feel like it means is not the same for me. That's the problem. Oline isnt supposed to give up ever. It's a fight. 1 second or 5 seconds. Win the fight that's it. Maybe instead of conforming they change the norm. I mean yes...obviously...everything in life is harder as time passes and you get exhausted. However, these guys make amazing amounts of money to play sports. O line is tough, but I'm not going to make excuses for any of them. I know how fast they get to the qb. You can say russ holds the ball all you want. Dont give a dam. Cuz it's not the whole truth. I would love to see you play qb in less than 2.5 seconds with the hawks o line and our poor passing concepts of last year.

BASF

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3h7k2y88 said:
I would love to see you play qb in less than 2.5 seconds with the hawks o line and our poor passing concepts of last year.

You are a better poster than this phrase James. There is maybe ten people on the planet who can do that as successfully as Wilson and you throw that out to someone posting on a forum. Such things are not worthy of you.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
BASF":2dimdnem said:
jamescasey1124":2dimdnem said:
I would love to see you play qb in less than 2.5 seconds with the hawks o line and our poor passing concepts of last year.

You are a better poster than this phrase James. There is maybe ten people on the planet who can do that as successfully as Wilson and you throw that out to someone posting on a forum. Such things are not worthy of you.

Ehhh idk.

Tired of the whole hold the ball to long ideal. As a qb you hold the ball until someone is open, take off or take a sack. Sure we can throw it away, but it's just a waste of down anyway.

Anyway. This was about pass d and we got into russ once again.

Jville

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2u23iztp said:
BASF":2u23iztp said:
jamescasey1124":2u23iztp said:

Ehhh idk.

Tired of the whole hold the ball to long ideal. As a qb you hold the ball until someone is open, take off or take a sack. Sure we can throw it away, but it's just a waste of down anyway.

Anyway. This was about pass d and we got into russ once again.

Good on you for recognizing a hijack :2thumbs:

I'm hoping, that eventually, the lane discipline and coverage discipline demonstrated by our Seahawks defense will inspire improved subject discipline by our posting forum.

One can hope. :D

I like the defensive core they are assembling for 2021. Looking forward to seeing who all they add on the edge.